Popular on eTradeWire
- Acrylic Signage Adds Professionalism To Your Miami Business - 102
- HAIT Releases "I Wish I Could Hate You" Official Video
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- DivcoWest completes purchase of 325 Hudson Street
- Orchard Audio Introduces Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
- App & Website Aggregating Over $154 Million In Nationwide Vaccine Incentives, From BME Nonprofit
- Fly Direct to Cozumel with Mexico's Best Beaches
- Family Focus Inc. starts 'Beds for Kids' initiative to raise money and provide beds for kids
- APIDM Launches New Digital Credentialing Initiative with Credly
- Black Wall Street Anniversary inspires Dewayne Bryant & Candra Bryant to Build 40 home subdivision
Similar on eTradeWire
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
- Sara Abbas Selected as Global Media Ambassador for Who is Who International Awards
- Inherited An Heirloom Shawl You Cannot Use? Sell It On The Heirloom Bazaar - A Marketplace By Wovensouls
- Paul Sinacore Casting LLC Launches Focusing on Diversity, Inclusion as Hollywood Opens Up to Real People
- Hephzi Pemberton Announces the Release of The Diversity Playbook
- Brooklyn BBQ Against Gun Violence Is A Huge Win
- FitterPaws Pet Products Helps Molly Reach Her Goal For Medical Treatment
- Award-Winning Creative Tells the Tale of Latino and Black Teenagers Fighting to Persist Against Imbalanced American Constructs
- Celebrity Hairstylist Tacara Renee Launches New Hair Care System
- Don't Be a Working Dead! Shihori Releases Thrilling Single 'FIRE'
The Garifuna Market is a first-of-its-kind marketplace created to highlight the stories and traditions of the Garifuna people. The Garifuna, plural Garínagu, are a people of African and indigenous Caribbean descent hailing from the island of Saint Vincent.
The new site, which will sell jewelry, accessories, and other items representative of Garínagu pride, pre-launches December 15.
To prepare for launch, the online marketplace is now welcoming small business owners and artisans of the Garifuna, Central American and Afrodiasporic cultures to join a waitlist starting today to be notified when the next quarterly application period opens Tuesday, November 10. The deadline to apply is Monday, November 30.
More on eTradeWire News
- UNice Hair App Is On The Rise And Expected To Thrive
- Diversity Empowerment Virtual Workshop!
- Nelson Leasing Earns Prestigious Presidential Award
- Hazard Powder Explodes Once Again
- Catilicious: A New Online Store for Premium Cat Supplies for Your Pet
Qualifying businesses must sell products including but not limited to apparel, accessories, home, office, kitchenware, health, and beauty products. Approved vendors will enjoy increased visibility before the growing brand's tens of thousands of followers.
The movement's founder, Siria K. Alvarez, is a Bronx native of Garifuna descent born in Honduras. She launched the lifestyle brand in 2019 to connect Garifuna-Americans to be inspired and informed by content that reignites Garifuna pride.
"Our goal is to modernize and digitize Garifuna representation by building a convenient platform for incredible products to be sold, stories to be told, and a long lasting community to grow and thrive through the generations," Alvarez said. "We are sending a message loud and clear around the world that #GarifunaLivesMatter while lifting up and celebrating the Garifuna experience."
More on eTradeWire News
- Grumpy's Lighting: A New Online Store for Practical and Stylish Lighting
- Outdoor Cooking Products: A New Online Store Focusing on Outdoor Cooking Supplies
- Cooks' Needs: The Launch of a New Online Shop Focusing on Quality Kitchenware for Home Cooks
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
- Female artists Janet Scudder and Emily Mason headline Shannon's online fine art auction, June 24th
Alvarez is a visual storyteller, curator, and branding expert who created the Garifuna Market to help preserve her rich and rare culture. As such, she is also exploring ways to support Garinagu brands with her marketing expertise while providing job opportunities as part of her long-term strategy for growth.
Garínagu artisans and entrepreneurs can learn more about The Garifuna Market and sign up for the vendor waitlist at https://thegarifunamarket.com.
Follow the Garifuna Market on Instagram (@thegarifunamarket), Twitter (@garifunamarket) and Facebook (@thegarifunamarket).
Sadae D. Williams, Media & Press Manager
- Unique Woman's Coalition Receives Grant of $10,000.00 from AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- MysticWendy.com, Purveyor of Psychic Phenomena, Celebrates Grand Re-Opening
- Used 2014 Honda Civic Information Page
- iPOP Alum Karrie Martin acquires Rights to 'That Boy' Book Series
- FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION: iPOP Alumni Madelaine Petsch to Join Emma Roberts in New Rom-Com
- Chatham Capital Group Celebrates 25 successful years
- Kickin' the Tires.net joins Xfinity Series team Brandonbilt Motorsports at Nashville Superspeedway
- Tutanota LLC Amends and Extends Tender Offer for up to 1,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of Home Depot, Inc
- Author Tracy Sumner Releases New Regency Romance – The Hellion is Tamed
- Dental Prosthetics is Driven in Asia-Pacific by Technological Advancements to Reach $12.2 Billion
- Useful Tips and Remedies for Soothing a Teething Baby
- New release to the Connor Maxwell Mystery series
- Are Sarms classified as supps and what risks do they offer
- Scallop Software is now a GSA MULTIPLE SCHEDULE approved vendor. Congratulations from Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., A Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc. At Polo Hamptons On July 24, 2021
- Overlooked Hurricane Katrina Mississippi Black Women Survivors Resilience and Recovery
- DDAH Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Santé Beverage Competition to Jumpstart Brand Awareness in Restaurant Industry
- Watch Shahrzad Persian Series for Free!
- New Late Night Show, Hella Late! with Hollie Harper, debuts June 8th on Bric-TV