Popular on eTradeWire
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Showcases A Dozen More Color Classic TV Shows on WatchYour.TV
- Burstcoin Joins BPSAA as New Alliance Member
- What is sustainable construction?
- Today Donna Smith Bellinger Sales Consultant Presents "Sales for people who hate to sell" Seminar Online
- Abintegro launches revolutionary AI interview training tool
- Former UK Environment Minister backs revolutionary plastic that solves pollution issues
Similar on eTradeWire
- 'Age of Water' podcast turns 1-year old
- After 76 Years: Better Late Than Never
- HOPEFEST 360° Emerges as Epic Worldwide Event
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS Attracts 200+ to Online Chat with Hollywood Historian Scott Eyman
- Cannes Film Festival award-winning filmmaker
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Los Angeles "Dia de los Muertos" drive-thru experience honoring those lost to COVID-19 Nov. 1 - 15
- Justice Bell Replica on View from outdoors at Morven Museum & Garden through Election Day
The Garifuna Market is a first-of-its-kind marketplace created to highlight the stories and traditions of the Garifuna people. The Garifuna, plural Garínagu, are a people of African and indigenous Caribbean descent hailing from the island of Saint Vincent.
The new site, which will sell jewelry, accessories, and other items representative of Garínagu pride, pre-launches December 15.
To prepare for launch, the online marketplace is now welcoming small business owners and artisans of the Garifuna, Central American and Afrodiasporic cultures to join a waitlist starting today to be notified when the next quarterly application period opens Tuesday, November 10. The deadline to apply is Monday, November 30.
More on eTradeWire News
- Finding Inner Peace During the Holiday Season
- Used Black 2018 MAZDA3 For Sale!
- Launch of the UK Economic Blueprint for Women White Paper
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on breakout company: Predictiv AI, Inc. (PAI/INOTF)
- Leaders in Florida will Receive Awards for a Year's Worth of Human Rights Advocacy and Education
Qualifying businesses must sell products including but not limited to apparel, accessories, home, office, kitchenware, health, and beauty products. Approved vendors will enjoy increased visibility before the growing brand's tens of thousands of followers.
The movement's founder, Siria K. Alvarez, is a Bronx native of Garifuna descent born in Honduras. She launched the lifestyle brand in 2019 to connect Garifuna-Americans to be inspired and informed by content that reignites Garifuna pride.
"Our goal is to modernize and digitize Garifuna representation by building a convenient platform for incredible products to be sold, stories to be told, and a long lasting community to grow and thrive through the generations," Alvarez said. "We are sending a message loud and clear around the world that #GarifunaLivesMatter while lifting up and celebrating the Garifuna experience."
Alvarez is a visual storyteller, curator, and branding expert who created the Garifuna Market to help preserve her rich and rare culture. As such, she is also exploring ways to support Garinagu brands with her marketing expertise while providing job opportunities as part of her long-term strategy for growth.
More on eTradeWire News
- 2015 Navy Blue Volkswagen Passat for Sale!
- Scotland-based Sage Business Partner Joins Forces with Codeless Platforms
- Addlux Frameless LED Panels Now Available On The New Website
- Mr Andy Palmer, Border Security Manager at Gatwick Airport to present at Border Security 2021
- DSP (Interiors) Completes Work on New Home for The Derby Central United Reformed Church
Garínagu artisans and entrepreneurs can learn more about The Garifuna Market and sign up for the vendor waitlist at https://thegarifunamarket.com.
Follow the Garifuna Market on Instagram (@thegarifunamarket), Twitter (@garifunamarket) and Facebook (@thegarifunamarket).
Sadae D. Williams, Media & Press Manager
- Young Mothers, Inc. Holds Virtual COVID-19 Campaign for Young Mothers in the Community
- Better Together launches Hopeful 100 Club
- Identity: The Podcast Religious Influences Feat. Taylor Corum
- Excellent Condition Used Mazda3
- New York's Auto Dealers Deliver Thanksgiving Turkeys for those in Need
- Ministry founder Eunice Forson releases new book on uniting faith communities
- IntegraCare provides Thanksgiving meals for team members' families
- Female Voices Rock Film Festival Goes Virtual
- Denver Metro HVAC Company Reaches Out to Help One Special Veteran Family Stay Warm This Winter
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- City Barbeque CFO Diane Reed named to Columbus Smart 50
- Manfredi joins rural transportation advocacy group
- The Scientific Meal Planner brings evidence based meal planning to the public
- Councilmember Vincent Manfredi endorses Amber Liermann for city council
- Lehigh Valley Dental Implants are a Natural-Looking, Long-Lasting Missing Tooth Solultion
- Dental Implants in Philadelphia Helping Patients Speak, Eat, & Smile with Confidence
- JD Merit Advises Apex Linen Service on Chapter 11 §363 Sale
- Esri Silver Business Partner, Bay Park DS, Awarded the Esri Release Ready Specialty Designation
- Clocks, watches, art glass, signed jewelry and lamps all do well in Miller & Miller's Nov. 21st sale
- Actress Ashley Forrestier Stars in New OWN Reality Series "Put a Ring on It"