Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 131
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- Zone heating and cooling systems pay off in energy savings
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- COE Distributing Makes 9th Appearance on Pittsburgh Business Times List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- South Florida Doctors Did NOT Walk Out in Protest
- StoreEase Virtual Management Adds Industry Veterans to Dynamic Leadership Team
- West Lane Partners, LLC Invests in Simply Organic Beauty
- Kazakh electronic star Imanbek and rock-tinged genius LP release 'Fighter'
- Quarch Technology expands its Power Analysis range with new fixtures for HDDs, SSDs and Cable Harnesses
Similar on eTradeWire
- Jersey Girl Bath Co. Joins TulsaGo Partner Program
- Araam Launches the First Circular Mattress in Canada, Working Towards a World Without Waste
- Deity's New York Fashion Week Debut Left Attendees Speechless
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Escapology Unveils New Signature Lighting Collection
- Genmega Launches New Website for ATMs and Kiosks
- Gepard PIM Has Launched A Shopify Connector
- Keebos Announces New Genius Detachable Crossbody Phone Case
- Outform Launches In-store Poddrop Platform That Merges Product Sampling With Customer Data Capture
- Liam John USA to Partner with Nationally-Recognized Johnnie-O to Launch Newest Lowcountry Showroom and Store
The grocery delivery service is seeking to expand its service initially to Mississauga, Ontario, a suburb of the Greater Toronto Area, Canada's most populous city. The company hasn't released an exact launch date as of yet nor figures related to the number of jobs it expects to create in the Toronto area, but COO T.D. Zebian did indicate that the company anticipates brisk growth over the next two to three quarters and expects employee count to increase in proportion.
"We experienced a tremendous spike in order volume in early 2020 as a result of the coronavirus pandemic and volumes have only risen since then. We continue to see steady growth in line with the changing nature of how people shop and get access to groceries. We know that the Toronto area market is a very dynamic one with a lot of opportunity for an online grocery delivery service like ours and we're excited to be able to offer a quality experience to the residents of Mississauga," Zebian said.
More on eTradeWire News
- CARBONELL AWARDS Introduces New Team of Judges for 2021-2022 Theater Season
- Powerful Instrumentals Released On TikTok, Users Encouraged To Use Them In Anti-Censorship Videos
- It's Cheaper Downunder - Quality computer products
- Locate Underground Services With A Trusted Specialist
- Sports World Television LIVE Worldwide "Pro Boxing Channel" Launching January 2022
Grocerocity also operates in the online food ordering space offering delivery of restaurant meals and competing with rivals such as Uber Eats and Door Dash, in southern Ontario.
In addition to groceries and meal delivery, the company runs a popular catering service that Zebian expects will "explode, revenue-wise" as lockdown measures are lifted and social gatherings such as weddings and other functions resume. "We're already starting to see a large number of inquiries and orders coming in on the catering side and so we anticipate profits will balloon as it's a high margin business," he added.
Mississaugans can expect Grocerocity to be fully operating in their city "no later than end of August," according to Zebian.
- Phil Norton:
longtime resident of Dorchester Ontario (just outside of London Ontario) and I've used grocerocity since the beginning of the pandemic. Hands-down the best grocery delivery service in Canada. I tried Instacart a few times, but the quality of service was just no match to the dedication and attention to detail that the Grocerocity shoppers have. Happy customer here. - Phil
- How Bulldog Mobile Billboards Helps You with Your Experiential Marketing
- Systems & Software Announces Brand Refresh to More Accurately Communicate its' Market Value
- Signs Your Website Needs An Upgrade
- Guinea Court Dental Surgery – create a new affordable smile with dentistry in Basingstoke
- The classic car collection of Larry and Dawn Menard will be auctioned Oct. 2 in Chippewa Falls, Wis
- Author Republishes Best Selling War Novel
- Greta Grace Entertains and Teaches Young Readers by Confronting Her Own Problems
- Kontra, Global Learning Systems Partner to Accelerate Application Security Training for Developers
- Basket Raffle To Be Held In Support Of Dedicated L&M Nurse
- Chosen Inc. to Celebrate Foster, Adoptive Families at Nov. 13 "Open Hearts, Open Homes" Gala
- Cobalt Digital's 9904-UDX-4K Provided the Perfect Solution for M6's UHD HLG to UHD SDR Conversion
- Board Chair, Vice-Chair & New Board Members Announced By Ventura College Foundation
- The Print Dat Shoppe for all your print and web marketing needs
- HAL Extraction celebrates first Fast 50 nomination from Denver Business Journal
- Florida Forum Series Tickets Available for Purchase
- Dr. Patrick Moran Joins Exeter Orthodontics in Reading, PA
- Brand new #homeforsale in @EastBethel!
- Bosco Tech Student Commended by National Merit Scholarship Program
- 2019 Nissan Sentra on Sale in Toronto!
- GBKSOFT launch POS development Service in 2021