Popular on eTradeWire
- Pioneering a New Wave in UK Rap Music: BH.WAV - 2417
- Emmy nominated Composer Anthony Barfield Creates A Distinctive Sonic Fusion of Classical and Hip-Hop - 229
- Fairmint Achieves Milestone as Newly SEC-Registered Transfer Agent - 218
- Colonial Oil Industries and TICO Lead Sustainable Energy Transition in the Southeast - 190
- Celebrating Five Decades of Unapologetically Subversive Queer Fiction - 185
- Echoes of Elysium | New Works by Jennifer JL Jones - 167
- California Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Honor Iconic Americana Singer-Songwriter Gary Green - 165
- Healthcare Network names Dr. Salvatore Anzalone vice president of clinical business development - 165
- TAG Video Systems Joins the Streaming Video Technology Alliance - 162
- Inspires The Gift Of Love This Valentine's Day With A New Collection Of Williams Sonoma P - 147
Similar on eTradeWire
- The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards Celebrates Four Gold Medals in the 2024 Governor's Cup Competition
- Why Get Tree Care Done by Professional Arborists
- A.M. Logging LLC completes the purchase of T.C. Transport, INC mulch division
- 2024 B2B marketing trends in the health, food, technology, and sustainability industries
- From Arid to Abundant: SEO Case Study Explains How Boulder SEO Marketing Helped Irrigation Equipment Supplier Flourish
- Great Southern Outdoors: America's Premier Hunting Preserve
- Wild Dog Equipment Launches Brand at World AG Expo
- DOEE Chooses Everblue to Provide Online Pesticide Certification Exams
- Boston Hemp Inc Secures Position as Nation's Largest Supplier of THCa Flower and Extracts
- Greenwood Plants named 'International Grower of the Year' at 2024 AIPH awards
Greenwood has been running extensive trials of peat-free growing media since early 2022, exploring different types of growing media to use in its annual production of more than six million plants.
"We are delighted to have met this demanding target which is testament to the hard work and dedication of the G Team. We are huge advocates of sustainable growing, and passionately believe this is the responsible stance we need to take as one of the UK's largest growers and importers of plants and trees" says Managing Director, Melanie Asker.
"Our focus is now on working with our supply chain to ensure that any purchased stock is peat-free. We have several European and UK suppliers now growing plants for the new season in peat-free compost," Melanie added.
More on eTradeWire News
- Attention every Business in the Universe:Want to make a lot more money? Start using this Math TODAY
- Multi-Platinum Songwriter Harold Payne Releases New Inspirational Anthem
- Holman UMC Senior Pastor Heads to Hampton University
- **M Models & Talent Agency Celebrates Successful Collaborations with Industry Giants**
- **Redapple Digital Health, Inc. Shines at Startup Game Changer Event in Garden Grove**
On 20th November, Melanie was invited to speak as part of an Industry panel on commercial peat-free growing, at an industry event organised by the Royal Horticultural Society, at Lindley Hall. She spoke on the reality of transitioning a large commercial growing operation to peat free, alongside garden designer Chris Young, Mike Burks from the Gardens Group, and Stephen Godfrey from Jiffy.
"As an industry we need to come together to help each other, and embed peat-free as the British National standard of professional growing." Said Melanie.
Professor Alistair Griffiths, RHS Director of Science and Collections, said: "It's always a big positive to see growers achieve peat-free status, and it's testament to the commitment of the team at Greenwood Plants that they have done this ahead of their target date. As one of the largest wholesale producers of plants in the country, their work to become peat-free will mean thousands of plants are now produced without the use of peat, helping safeguard our peatland habitats for the climate and nature."
Greenwood is one of the leading peat-free growers in the UK, having recently won 'Peat Free Grower of the Year' at the 2023 HTA awards. It continues to innovate and promote a circular economy, demonstrating sustainability leadership within the horticultural industry.
Read more here: www.greenwoodplants.co.uk/sustainability
- "Black To The Future" Black History Month Event Promises Unforgettable Celebration
- AI Marketing CRM Launches Game-Changing Low-Cost Tiers Starting at $29.99/Month
- Expat Tax Tools Introduces Hassle-Free IRS Form 8621 Preparation Service for Taxpayers
- The WIN DAILY® Show Expands to Two Nights on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio
- Rudolph Bader's 3 novels are now available to download in audiobook format
- #townhome #forsale in @Blaine is so convenient!!
- Kinnette Myrick announces Fundraising Opportunity and Discounted Rates with K.L.M. Tax Services
- New Book Release: "Empowering Affirmations" by La'Nardo Myrick Sr
- World Champion Athletes Turn to Oral Sprays for Enhanced Performance
- Neue Auctions' online-only Fresh & Neue sale, March 2nd, features 341 lots of antiques, fine art, sterling, jewelry
- Dental Crowns in Bethlehem Township Offer Opportunities to Restore Smiles
- Introducing SMARTZONE Technology: A Revolutionary Approach to Pest Control
- Mexican Weight Loss Supplement Alipotec Raiz de Tejocote Contains Toxic Seed
- Advisory: Albany Patroons To Introduce This Season Details, Community Partnerships and Player Roster
- Yeast Lysis Buffer Kit Plus Zymolyase
- Love & Legacy: Give an Enduring Gift
- Daughter Commemorates Her Father's WWII Service Through the Letters He Wrote Home
- Long-Term Care Insurance Expert Shares Annuity Planning Strategy
- Unlocking Valuation Vault: ASA's Inventory Valuation Conference Illuminates Trends & Expertise
- Benchmark International Faciltd The Trans Bt BL Family Practice, P.A. Med First Primary Urgent Care