Popular on eTradeWire
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 198
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 158
- TVS Nostalgia Network.Com Adds 100 More Classic TV Shows to the Free Streaming Post Cable Network 148
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 142
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 129
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 125
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 118
- Good Hospitality Services announces groundbreaking ceremony for new Crown Point Hampton Inn 112
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 110
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 101
Similar on eTradeWire
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Golden West Food Group, Cooks Venture Raise $10 Million For Regenerative Agriculture Business
- Explore Produces Commercial Featuring DeLoreans Delivering 1985 Beer
- Maryland Vegan Eats Fights for Maryland Restaurants During Vegan Restaurant Week - Aug. 1 through Aug. 9
- UK Govt to Fight COVID With Anti-Obesity Laws
- Matt Benham 2020 Daphne Zepos Teaching Award Winner
- P.o.p. Candy Co. Founders Expand Business During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Arsilica, Inc Announces Free Online Spirits Evaluation Academy
- Indie Book Awards Names Leopold's Ice Cream: A Century of Tasty Memories a Finalist in Best Cover
- Robert Hall Winery's New Virtual Concert Series
Govinda's Natural Foods restaurant in Tucson, Arizona overcomes adversity, reopens for indoor dining
In July 2019, Govinda's incurred significant losses from a fire that destroyed a large portion of the restaurant. It took months to rebuild and this past Thanksgiving they celebrated a grand reopening. Several months later, restaurant operations came to a halt when the virus hit. In the midst of the pandemic, the staff had to think outside of the box just to keep Govinda's afloat.
More on eTradeWire News
- Canadian-based Doctor Discusses Neuroplasticity & Regulating Emotions During COVID-19
- TVS Mystery Network Launches as the 34th Full Time Streaming Post Cable Network TVS MicroChannel.Com
- Virtual Bookstore Launches for Horse Lovers
- Elpha Secure and Sterling New Age Cyber Launch ES-1000
- Shorefield Holidays Awarded Gold David Bellamy Conservation Award
Holding steadfast to their mission of serving wholesome food to the public, Govinda's was able to pivot their traditional self-serve buffet model and reopened in May, serving pre-packaged to-go meals. Customers could drive in to the parking lot and pick up their order curbside or even order through Door Dash for home delivery within the Tucson city limits. It was an instant hit.
Now, Govinda's indoor dining room has reopened, with stringent health and safety measures in place. Guests will find a no-touch payment system, plexiglass guards that run the length of the buffet, a gloved staff to serve out the meals and three separate sanitizing stations that are all part of the 'new normal' in the age of COVID. The restaurant is located at 711 East Blacklidge Drive.
"When the health department came out, the inspector, who was delighted we were reopening, was amazed at the level of cleanliness and said, 'You guys are a tradition here in Tucson'", said Sharon Cooksey, Govinda's founder and manager.
More on eTradeWire News
- Humanix Books to Publish James Kerr's Next Book
- GPHCC's Closing the Gap Conference 2020 to center around Covid-19 economic recovery
- HaggleUp offers live communication for buyers and sellers in local consumer-to-consumer transactions
- Kristin Triolo Earns Luxury Home Certification
- Innovation Preparatory Academy opens for 2020-2021 school year
Govinda's has been a longtime source of delight for many in the community. The restaurant has provided meals to the homeless in an outreach program at Southside Presbyterian Church, and is looking forward to continuing the program at Southside's new facility when it opens. "After eight years they are almost like family," said Cooksey. Sunday, July 5th, will mark the reopening of Govinda's weekly free vegetarian Sunday feast, where all are welcome to come enjoy a nutritious meal prepared with love.
Govinda's is currently open for both socially distanced dine-in and take-out, Wednesday through Sunday, from 11:30am-2:30pm, and Tuesday through Saturday from 5:00pm-8:00pm.
- Colette Morris Launches New Online Coaching Course
- FLX Announces Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike
- Dental Innovations LLC publishes "The Financial Survival Guide for Dentists!"
- Digital Transformation in the Banking Industry
- Bill Maher Is Right Again - Slash COVID Deaths by Attacking Obesity
- Aarika Honey Inks Voice & Executive Producer Deal With Naimah's Global Podcast!
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Releases New Covid-19 Study
- Out now! C.B.Khan's long-awaited debut novel "I am Sikunder!"
- Multi-Generational Comic & Entertainer John Byner Pens His Memoirs FIVE MINUTES, MR. BYNER!
- Learn How To Book Free Mortgage Advice Using Zoom Remote Meetings
- "Oprah Winfrey of Visualization" Naimah Set to Launch Podcast on Youtube!
- Actor Brianne Davis Launches "Secret Life Podcast" Following Her Sex & Love Addiction Journey
- Aerosaurus Give 28 Free Balloon Flights to Key Workers
- 'Modern Treatise' Enhances Global Perspectives
- AwareGiver Radio Show Features CDC STEADi Program Spokesperson Dr. Gwen Bergen
- Clubs and pubs employ global COVID killer
- Charming decorative arts exceed estimates in Neue Auctions' Summer Art & Antiques Auction, July 25th
- Free parenting program: Victorian parents urged to boost family resilience
- GovComm's Next Generation of Intelligent Transportation System Cameras Has Arrived
- Cardano Pool XYZ Announces new no-fee Staking Pool for ADA Cryptocurrency Maximum Reward Earnings