Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 240
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 205
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 185
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 173
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 168
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 149
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 139
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 118
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
- Presidential Candidate Dr. Valerie McCray Understands the Soul of America
Similar on eTradeWire
- Popular Vote Plan has been published at popularvoteplan.org
- Not Just Climate Change, It's Climate Crisis
- Professional Webinar Series: Cascadia High Speed Rail & Transforming America
- Consolidate All Inventory Data with the New Enterprise License
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Does Kanye West Really Have A Chance At Being President
- New Online Portal to Make Bill Pay Easier for Customers with User-friendly interface
- Independent Presidential Candidate & Charleston Native Jade Simmons Returns Home To Secure Run For Presidency
- PALZEWICZ Knows He MUST Win This Fall
Governor Stitt Appoints Former Senator AJ Griffin as Chair of the Developmental Disabilities Council
Griffin, who is currently the Director of Government and Community Affairs at Paycom, believes her previous work in the Senate has prepared her for this new role.
"I have a clear understanding of our network of services and the challenge families face navigating those services. My experience with this service array goes back for almost three decades, and I look forward to putting that experience to use."
Griffin's role is an important one for the Council. Over the next 12 months, the Council, under her leadership, will develop its new State Plan. This federally-required plan drives the Council's innovation in the public and private service systems that support Oklahomans who have intellectual or developmental disabilities. The Council receives a non-competitive federal grant each year, which represents the largest purely discretionary funding in the state for the benefit of people with disabilities.
More on eTradeWire News
- Gghtx, Co-founder Avi Kerendian Receives $5,000 Grant For Global Health Education
- Help-A-Reporter-Out (HARO) Founder, Peter Shankman, Talks Risk-Taking on "Confidence Connection"
- John Rivers Hosts Retirement And Income Radio Show To Boca Raton
- Functional Medicine Doctor Flips the Script on Anxiety
- How Weight Stigma Benefits Social Policy Makers
"AJ Griffin is an exciting addition to the Council, "Executive Director of the DDCO Ann Trudgeon said. "As a former legislator, particularly one who was very involved in supporting people with developmental disabilities, she brings an extraordinary perspective and knowledge base to the Council."
Griffin succeeds Mark Liotta, who has been the Chair of the DDCO for the past 22 years.
"I was very pleased Governor Stitt chose to replace me with former Senator Griffin. I know she will bring mission-focused leadership, and an understanding of the lives we affect through the DD Council," Liotta said.
Liotta's tenure as chair includes helping to establish the Oklahoma Self-Advocacy Network, which empowers individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to learn leadership skills. In tandem with the Oklahoma City Zoo, Liotta worked to establish the Dream Night at the Zoo event where families of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities can enjoy the park to themselves.
More on eTradeWire News
- Community Cooperative has an immediate need for Meals on Wheels delivery drivers
- myGEKOgear Releases the Smart Hardwire Kit to Easily Have your Dash Cam Connected 24/7
- Drive Up and Grab a Bag of School Supplies
- Just for you… the best summer fun is online now! Outer Banks Squared - The Art Show
- Functional Medicine Doctor Flips Script on Anxiety
Liotta remarked, "It has been my sincere privilege to serve the last 22 years with the DD Council, we have accomplished much to help Oklahomans with developmental disabilities build lives of independence."
Griffin, who began work on the Council in January, will preside over her first meeting on April 24.
"I am very excited to support the important work of the commission by convening self-advocates, families and service providers to identify ways to best support our citizens living with developmental disabilities."
For more information, please visit http://okddc.ok.gov or call 405-521-4984.
- Weekends Sales for Insurance Agents
- CEO Receives C-Suite of the Year Award
- Surefire Media Launch New Uk Ecommerce Website For Leading Natural Cosmetics Brand Natura Siberica
- North Carolina Medicare Supplement Insurance Rates Reported
- Bruneau's July 23 auction will kick off with paintings by Indian artists Maqbool Hussain, B. Prabha
- GEO Jobe Is Awarded the ArcGIS Hub Specialty
- Presenting Companies for the 2020 Mining Cleantech Challenge Announced
- Fear of Infection in Long-Term Care Facilities Highlights Value of In-Home Plans by Les Robinson
- 5 Ways to Prevent COVID-19 With Your Own Immune System
- Model 5200 Non Electric Liquid Flow Indicator
- TVS-HiTopsNetwork.Com Adds Classic Cartoons to the classic kids post cable network from TVS
- Haydn's Trio in A Major Arranged for Woodwind Quartet
- CARBONELL AWARDS Salutes 37 Potential Winners from Miami-Dade County
- Cochrane Supply Announces BASfest | The Tour!
- Ascot Manor Launches New Summer Collection, "New Horizon"
- Podcast featuring honest talk about culture, music, relationships gains following
- Routes Gallery moves from original San Anselmo location to downtown San Rafael
- Ponos Industries Extends Tender Offer for up to 4,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Contract Manufacturing Services by GD Rectifiers
- New ezW2Correction Software Offers Service Industries A Better Alternative To Print Corrected Form