Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 180
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 164
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 115
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 109
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 103
- What to do when someone dies in your family? - 103
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
Similar on eTradeWire
- DOT drug screen ensures federal compliance for your drivers
- The Bar Association of D.C. Mourns the Loss of former U.S. Secretary of State, Hon. Colin Powell
- Black Mountain Town Hall Meeting with David Hurley, Candidate for Buncombe County Sheriff
- VetsTurn: Woodturning Equipment and Training Provided to US Veterans By ToolMetrix
- Charlotte Street To Be Renamed In Honor Of Montford Point Marines
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- Calumet City Mayor/State Rep Jones Misappropriates Clerk Figgs Signature and Usurps her Authority
- GeoComm Earns Esri Partner Network Release Ready Specialty Designation
- CAL FIRE San Benito-Monterey (BEU) Unit Chooses RadioMobile for Mobile Tracking and Communication
- The State's Top Technologists, Legislators and Educators Honored at Arizona Technology Council's 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
As a result of the Global War on Terrorism, including Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, the GSW membership grew with many new surviving spouses. To adjust with these membership demographics, new chapters were created to appeal to the younger post- 9-11 surviving spouses, such as the virtual Arlington Gold Star Wives Chapter.
Originally called "WWII Widows," GSW was organized in 1945 in New York City. It later became federally chartered as the Gold Star Wives of America, Inc., with Eleanor Roosevelt as an original chartered member. Today there are 33 chapters located throughout the United States.
Since 1945, GSW has been effective advocate for military surviving spouses. After 9-11 GSW became even more visible to assure military surviving spouses' voices were heard. Congress asked GSW representatives to testify numerous times, to communicate the needs of survivors during the current conflict. Military survivor benefits are complex, which created some challenges for many of the survivors to receive their benefits as designed. The organization often contended with legislation that adversely affected families, as survivor benefit laws had changed.
More on eTradeWire News
- Stayed Prayed Up LP Release Now Available
- Pazusoft Announces the launch of Apple Music Converter for Windows
- LSI Welcomes James Clark As Lead Controls Engineer
- 64% of Learners Say Accessing Training from a Mobile Device is Essential
- Dr. Joe Dispenza - Is Dr. Joe Dispenza the Kwisatz Haderach?
After 9-11, GSW successfully championed the creation of the Veteran Affairs (VA) Office of Survivors, which allowed for direct communications with the VA. GSW also became an active participant in the VA/ Department of Defense forum. GSW collaborated with Disabled American Veterans in the win of the "Sharp Case" remarriage law, forcing DoD to comply. GSW was in the initial vanguard contributing to the correction of the "Widow's Tax." These were just some of many changes and improvements GSW has advocated since 9-11.
The Gold Star Wives of America offers membership to all who meet the criteria (widows of those who died on active duty or as the result of a service-connected disability after leaving the military).For more information contact www.goldstarwives.org or call 888-751-6350.
Dr. Vivianne Cisneros Wersel
Gold Star Wives of America, Inc. Public Relations
- Loretta Ana Kaufman to Exhibit In the National Association of Women Artists 132nd Annual Exhibition
- CGI+ Receives Approval for Mixed-Use Development on Los Angeles' Miracle Mile
- The Adelphi Orchestra Celebrates Discover Jersey Arts Month
- National talent firm creates a new approach to tackle the Great Resignation of 2021
- Makios Technology Celebrates 15th Anniversary
- 2021 Readers' Choice Best Internet Provider in the motherlode!
- Welcome to LA New Music Video Out Now
- Fort Myers Brewing announces Halloween festivities Oct. 23, 29
- Two Attorneys from Ward Law Group Recognized as Super Lawyers
- Klickly CEO, Cooper Harris, to speak about smart data at Money 20/20
- Kasentex Introduces New Quilt Sets for the Fall Season
- Moss Begins Construction on Legacy Tower at Miami Worldcenter
- Virtual Public Forum on Homelessness in Walnut Creek, November 17, 2021
- Mitochondrial ATP synthase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- ASA Issues Reminder to Consumers on Importance of Hiring Qualified Gems & Jewelry Appraisers
- Crypto-Miners are Turning to the OUS Power Generation Platform for Electric Supply
- Information Asset Names Sanjeev Varma as Chief Executive Officer
- Kathryn Williams Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code Vol 2"
- Ford Honors Preh at 23rd Annual World Excellence Awards
- Self-employed taxpayers can use estimated tax payments to help with annual tax debt