Popular on eTradeWire News
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 539
- Transseed Group Receives Two New Business Designations 254
- Founder & CEO of Market Leader, Virtual Rehab, to be Interviewed By Jane King at NASDAQ 206
- Lil Bub, aka Magical Space Cat, Will Make Special Appearance at Snowcats Cat Convention 199
- International Experts Discuss Safety Problems of Critical Infrastructures at Ural Federal University 195
- How to Manage Arrhythmia in Children? 195
- Share Number System is the New Automated Income System 166
- New talent Asalia White Williams Nominated for NAMMY Award 158
- Media Partnership Announced with Aerospace Testing International and the International Telemetering Conference (ITC) 131
- Deeper Than Music Radio is a platform where entertainers share their story
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Holiday Five Different Ways This Year
- Great Gatsby Gala Planned Nov. 10
- America Green Solar Proud To Announce New Partnership with Eco Bru Toothbrushes
- ASA's Rising Stars Award— Winners Announced
- Tampa Bay Watch Commemorates 25 Years of Service to the Bay
- Waldorf School of the Peninsula educates children for the future in Silicon Valley–Screen Free
- Veovo Appoints New Senior Market Executive and Sales Manager to Drive Growth and North American Market Expansion
- Hindus worldwide appalled at vandalizing of Hindu temple in Sydney suburb
- WishYoo Launches With Mission To Change The Way We Celebrate Worldwide
- Food4Life Introduces Two New Chutney Products
Global Catholic Disaster Relief Organization Urges Families to Prepare Early for Highly Active Hurricane Season
With increasing water temperatures from El Niño and subsequent global impacts, analysts are predicting a highly active 2018 hurricane season, which officially begins June 1st and runs through November 30th. For families who are still picking up the pieces from last year's disasters, this year would promise to be as catastrophic to their livelihood should a major hurricane pummel devastated areas again.
Traditionally, the bulk of the hurricane activity occurs in mid-August, but Malteser International Americas – a disaster relief organization that last year provided over 20,000 hurricane survivors in the U.S. with bottled water, non-perishable food, kitchen/cleaning/hygiene items, and gas and food cards – urges families to begin their hurricane preparation today.
In advance of the impending season, the humanitarian organization of the Order of Malta is stressing preparation and education, and is providing families easy Hurricane Preparedness Tips, here. Spanish version is also available here.
More on eTradeWire News
- We review the best product dog supplies in the world!
- MusicWorks to Present Outdoor Tributes to Led Zeppelin and The Beatles at Old School Square
- Mounts Botanical Garden Invites Public to Four Amazing Events Including Opening of GARDEN OF LIGHTS
- KRAVIS CENTER Salutes Legendary Jazz Pianist Ramsey Lewis Who is Ceasing 70-Year Concert Career
- October 26, 2018 Baltimore Prodigy Anthony Michael Hobbs to Speak on 'Youth Speak' Panel
- The next generation of girls belong to the boardroom, Prof Imafidon says at UN girl child exhibition
- eWomenNetwork of Montgomery County Announces Holiday Extravaganza
"Last year, Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria touched down on U.S. soil causing destruction and irreparable damage for many people who were already marginalized in coastal Texas, Puerto Rico, the Florida Keys and the Caribbean. Everybody who lives in hurricane prone areas should know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane. Preparedness saves lives," said Matteo Cinquemani, Emergency Coordinator, Malteser International Americas.
While Malteser International Americas encourages families to review the Hurricane Preparedness Tips in full, three main protocols to follow before, during, and after a hurricane include:
EDUCATION: Know and monitor the early warning systems available (on radio, TV, internet, cell phone); Have knowledge of the closest government-designated shelter and of your evacuation routes.
EVACUATION: Ensure your vehicle is fueled-up and your evacuation carry-on emergency kit ready in case you need to leave (keep it light: ID, small valuables, cell-phone, radio, flashlight, spare batteries, maps, whistle, energy food & water, small first-aid kit, essential medicines, prescription glasses, adequate clothing and shoes).
HIBERNATION: Store food, water, medical supplies and other basic commodities before the hurricane (to last up to 3 days); Secure your possession/house against high winds: garden/patio tables & chairs and other outdoor furniture, motorbikes, bicycles, signs, fences, doors, gates, external lights; rain gutters, trim dead branches from nearby trees; If your house has no shutters, plan to tape or board your windows to prevent shattering, secure your doors against high winds.
More on eTradeWire News
- ASTPP Announced Successful Exhibition at GITEX 2018
- Holiday Five Different Ways This Year
- siberX CEHv10 Training- October 2018
- Moscow presented new opportunities for tourists from Singapore at ATB Asia 2018
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month Discussed in New Video
- Middle East Food Forum and ICCA to co-power the GulfHost Restaurant Development Conference
- DTR Inc. CEO Jay Goldberg's Radio Station, Rock on Neon Radio, Announces Tuesday Schedule
For more information on the humanitarian relief and development efforts of Malteser International Americas, visit www.orderofmaltarelief.org.
About Malteser International Americas:
Malteser International Americas is an affiliate of Malteser International, the global humanitarian relief organization of the Order of Malta. Malteser International Americas provides emergency relief and sustainable, community-based programs focused on health, nutrition, clean water, sanitation & hygiene, and disaster preparedness, to vulnerable people in North America, Latin America and the Caribbean. For over 60 years, the humanitarian organization's focus remains to empower people to live healthier, better, more resilient lives with dignity. Visit www.orderofmaltarelief.org to learn more.
- River City Exteriors Now Installing Energy Star Replacement Windows
- IAPEN, India launches an ambitious plan to train and place two lakh candidates in nutrition sector by 2021
- NJ Hypnotist to Share Fool Proof Answer to Managing Stress
- Award-Winning Short Thriller "Dylan" on Amazon and Amazon Prime
- SID Limited in support of United Nations´ international day for the eradication of poverty
- Chocolak's New Collection of Premium Chocolates is here - The Perfect Baby Shower Present
- Inmate Books Allow the Prisoners to Live a Better Life
- Anaadi TV – A Complete News Channel that Brings the most Happening News and Information
- Best Exchange House on Social Media, UAE 2018 - GCC Exchange
- Chat Lines Center, One place where people don't have to think much before making friends
- Reid Sanders Personal Injury Attorney from Hawk Law Group Helps to Claim Serious Injury Compensation
- What is Information Management?
- Springbank Mechanical Systems Proudly Brings Its Quality HVAC Services
- GameCloud Heading to Paris with Lucrative Offers for Deal Making Event, Game Connection Europe 2018
- Give Your Consumer Complaints an International Coverage with EurAsian Times
- Monevation Reloads With Qrazy Knowledge
- Infographic revealing 5 Ways to Boost Your Digital Marketing Efforts by Using Infographics
- Wooden Street To Spread Positive Vibes with Newly Launched Figurines
- "DJ Mark Battle" Brings Opulent Sounds to Eva Marcille & Michael Sterling's Extravagant Wedding
- BOLI Finds Substantial Evidence to Support Allegation of Discrimination by Springfield Employer