Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 577
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 215
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 203
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 187
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 187
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 177
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 176
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 134
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 124
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 118
Similar on eTradeWire
- AgeGuide Elects Amy Georgakopoulos to its Board of Directors
- AgeGuide Elects Gregory Barry to its Board of Directors
- "Autism's Got Talent" Crowns Inaugural Winner
- Bricks & Sticks Fishing Tournament raises over $16,000 for Lee BIA Builders Care
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- Awakening the Warrior Within and Giving Tools to Survive
- Molly Secours' New Book "White Privilege Pop Quiz" Drawing Early National Praise
- Rainbow Village "We Are Family" Benefit Gala Gets New Name and Venue for 2020
- Actress Marcia Cross Launches Non-Profit Organization After Successful Battle with Cancer
- SELA Collaborative Denounces Shortened Census Timeline and Expresses Appreciation for Regional Partnerships and Innovative Recruitment Strategies
GCI is known for its focus on developing countries, where cancer death rates are double those in the U.S. Its primary programs are:
- Global Tumor Boards which help physicians and oncologists in developing countries connect directly to U.S. physicians by videoconference to discuss challenging cancer cases and ask advice.
- Patient Navigation Programs intended to help ensure cancer patients have rapid access to treatment. Patient Navigators help patients find physicians, deal with insurance companies, book treatment appointments, and follow up to make sure patients get to appointments. This low-cost intervention is making a big impact: In a Mexico City pilot, the program reduced the median time from diagnosis to referral to a cancer center from two months to 11 days, boosting patient outcomes and survival rates.
- Cancer Databases to track and understand socio-demographics, treatment choices and outcomes in patients in developing countries, to bring attention to long-standing cancer control problems (such as the breast cancer epidemic in Mexico).
More on eTradeWire News
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Ideanomics Enters into US EV Manufacturing Market
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- Alexander Lumber Introduces Two New Window Lines
- I Stephen Byrd 10 years ago created 10 Minute Movies for Mobile Devices
Both Dr. Dizon and Dr. Park have led the GCI's Tumor Boards in gynecologic and breast oncology, respectively, and are familiar with GCI's programs. They are excited to expand their roles beyond the Tumor Boards in their respective areas of expertise, including international outreach and outcomes research and education.
Dr. Dizon, a Professor of Medicine at Brown University, is a medical oncologist specializing in the care of breast and pelvic cancers. He trained in Internal Medicine at Yale New-Haven Hospital and completed a fellowship in Medical Oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NYC. In addition to his role at GCI, Dr. Dizon serves as the Director of Women's Cancers and Director of Hematology-Oncology clinics at Lifespan Cancer Institute and Director of Medical Oncology at Rhode Island Hospital.
Dr. Park trained in Internal Medicine and Hematology/Oncology at The University of Pennsylvania prior to completing a post-doctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Bert Vogelstein at Johns Hopkins. Dr. Park then joined the faculty in the Breast Cancer Program at The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins prior to joining Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 2018. In addition to his role at GCI, he is currently the Donna S. Hall Chair in Breast Cancer, Professor of Medicine and Associate Director for Basic and Translational Research in the Division of Heme/Onc, Co-Leader of the Breast Cancer Research Program, Associate Director for Translational Research and Director of Precision Oncology at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
"We are very fortunate to have both Dr. Dizon and Dr. Park taking a more active role in driving GCI's international programs," said Dr. Paul Goss, Founder and Chairman of GCI. "The COVID-19 pandemic has widened the gap in access to cancer care in developing countries, making GCI's work more important than ever. As GCI's co-Chief Medical Officers, Drs. Dizon and Park will play key roles in ensuring access to quality care for the world's most disadvantaged."
More on eTradeWire News
- TVS Select Network to Fill Quibi Gap With Free Mobile Program Focus on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Flippo Construction Company, Inc Awarded Miss Utility 2019-2020 Dig Smart Award for Washington DC
- Characteristics of Effective Reinforcer Delivery with Children with an ASD
- Organimi Named G2 High Performer For Organizational Charts
- Diamond Packaging Wins Three Awards in 2020 Packaging Impressions Excellence Awards Competition
"I've been a longtime admirer of GCI's programs, and through the work I did with Dr. Goss when we were both at the MGH Cancer Center, I came to understand just how deep the efforts GCI is making to meet the urgent need for cancer care assistance in resource-limited countries," said Dr. Dizon. "It's an honor and a privilege to work alongside Dr. Goss and Dr. Park to help raise survival rates for these patients."
"Becoming involved in GCI really opened my eyes to the wide disparities in cancer care around the world," said Dr. Park. "Together, we can make a big difference in democratizing access to high standards of care. I'm thrilled to play a part in helping to bring U.S. knowledge and best practices to physicians and patients in developing countries – knowledge is power, and should be free for everyone with cancer."
About Global Cancer Institute
Global Cancer Institute (GCI) is focused on improving survival rates for underserved cancer patients worldwide. Today, cancer death rates in developing countries are double those in the U.S. – GCI is working to close that gap. GCI works directly with physicians in developing countries to propagate simple interventions and treatments that are common in the U.S today, and proven to accelerate diagnosis, access and treatment. Learn more about our programs at http://globalcancerinstitute.org/.
- Premium Epicor Partner Uses BPA Platform for ERP Integration Projects
- The Fastfit Centre moves into Merseyside's Biggest Tyre Bay
- Canadian Rap Star Unkle Adam's single I Am Stronger was released to 1.1 billion people in China
- Global Biosimilars Market Analysis, Share, Growth Drivers and Future Scope
- What is Google Help? How does it work?
- "Autism's Got Talent" Crowns Inaugural Winner
- iPOP Alum Matt Cornett's Hit Show Will Debut a Holiday Special this December
- iPOP Alum Karan Brar's Latest Film, Hubie Halloween Now on Netflix
- Dr. Richard Facko, DDS of Palos Pediatric Dentistry appears on Chicagoland Chats
- Can's Headphones Launches the Big Bad Can's Plan!
- KRAVIS CENTER: Public Ticket Sale for 20/21 Season Starts This Friday at 10 am Online Only
- Mounts Botanical Garden Announces 3 New Board Members
- Survey: B2B SaaS Execs Bullish on Sales Methodologies, See Value Engineering as Game Changing
- How To Find Auto Insurance After A DUI Charge
- Identity: The Podcast Seeing the Signs feat. Serenity Thyme
- Axiomtek's Robust, Low Power-Consumption Embedded PC with Customizable Features - eBOX626-311-FL
- Michael Masor Brings Safe Money Radio To Butte & Missoula
- BYD Delivers Battery-Electric Buses to Macon-Bibb County Transit Authority
- Waterside Productions Announces Susie Cox's New Book, "The Future of the United States"
- Only 8 homes remain at Heritage at Pennington