Popular on eTradeWire
- Pioneering a New Wave in UK Rap Music: BH.WAV - 2415
- Emmy nominated Composer Anthony Barfield Creates A Distinctive Sonic Fusion of Classical and Hip-Hop - 228
- Fairmint Achieves Milestone as Newly SEC-Registered Transfer Agent - 215
- Colonial Oil Industries and TICO Lead Sustainable Energy Transition in the Southeast - 188
- Celebrating Five Decades of Unapologetically Subversive Queer Fiction - 183
- Echoes of Elysium | New Works by Jennifer JL Jones - 163
- Healthcare Network names Dr. Salvatore Anzalone vice president of clinical business development - 161
- TAG Video Systems Joins the Streaming Video Technology Alliance - 160
- California Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Honor Iconic Americana Singer-Songwriter Gary Green - 145
- Inspires The Gift Of Love This Valentine's Day With A New Collection Of Williams Sonoma P - 145
Similar on eTradeWire
- Why Punish Tenured Professor Over Verifiable Statements?
- "SO Grateful for the Tint Academy and Adam's teachings"
- Bethesda Academy President Dr. Michael Hughes to Retire at End of the School Year
- The Old Schoolhouse® Aligning with New Homeschooling Trends and the Call for Personalized Education
- Demystifying California's Governmental Process
- Significant Growth in Homeschooling Observed in 2023 with Positive Projections for 2024
- Famer App: Transforming Youth Sports with 89% of Parents Reporting Skill Improvement
- Pikmykid Wraps Up 2023 Winning Awards from Gartner Digital Markets and Tech & Learning
- Multiple-Award-Winning Documentary 'Becoming Black Lawyers' Premieres This Week on the FOX SOUL TV Streaming Network
- LRP's National Institute Announces Twelve Featured Speakers for 2024 Event
Both students chose to attend the Women in Leadership course which included readings, assignments, independent study and discussions.
Teixeira learned how to speak to others in a professional and respectful way while getting across her point and being her authentic self. She also learned how culture relates to becoming a leader, how to read and retain important information and the impact that women in leadership roles have on others. She is interested in pursuing a career in animation and film. "This class helped give me the strength and confidence to move forward with making changes that happen slowly," said Teixeira.
More on eTradeWire News
- Auxo Medical Expands its Sterile Processing Equipment Maintenance and Repair Field Service into Ohio
- EvereTech Wins Records Management Contract Supporting Florida Ecological Services Office
- Canadian Insulin Takes Center Stage As Florida Pioneers FDA-Approved Drug Importation Program
- The International Lawyers Network Ranked as Band 1 Law Firm Network by Chambers and Partners
- Benchmark International Successfully Faciltd The Trans Bt RCC Flooring And Two Individual Investors
Nieto-Hernandez enjoyed the on campus experience and meeting new friends from around the world including Thailand and London. One of her assignments was to develop an action plan to help an underserved community. Her project addressed the high illiteracy rate in her native country of El Salvador. She said the program really opened her eyes to the many facets of women in leadership and learned that it is not about being perfect but about helping others to grow. She is considering a major in psychology to help other people.
"We congratulate Natalie and Rosa on taking on the challenge of this program," said Dr. Stephen Furtado, Executive Director of GLCPS. "Both students felt the program exceeded their expectations and introduced them to new ideas and experiences. Natalie and Rosa are thinking about their futures and how they can have an impact on the world. We are pleased to be able to offer these opportunities to our students."
GLCPS is a tuition-free public charter school serving 500 New Bedford students in Grades 5-12. Students are enrolled through a blind lottery. Additional information is available on the school's website, www.glcps.org. For more information, please contact the school at (508) 991-4105.
- Top Rated Micro Wedding Venue in Colorado Springs
- Tommy's Girl Hair Co. Opens First Couture Hair House in North Dallas
- StrategicEdge Unveils New Website, Solidifying Its Position as Premier Small and Medium Business
- Leading Trust and Estate Administrator Megan Warman Joins Midwest Trust
- Jump City Rentals now in Modesto, CA! Best Party Equipment rentals, Bounce House rentals & More
- The Pivotal Companies Announces Partnership with The Impact Agency
- Tactical Gear Company Releases Cobra Buckle Dog Collar for K9 Training
- Why Green Initiatives Require Brown Sources FREE Webinar
- Moss Celebrates Groundbreaking of Cipriani Residences Miami – Brickell's Tallest Tower
- Tone Commander Launches DOD-Certified, Push-to-Talk, Secure SIP Phones
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County names Kaliyah Stephens as 2024 Youth of the Year
- Human Immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) Antibody
- On the UNDRESSED podcast this week British Actor/Producer Scott Wright from UK's "Shameless" TV series
- Iconic Jewelry: Patricia Locke Trunk Show
- Garden Room Design Outdoor Modular Spaces Installation In As Little As 3 Weeks
- MacCase Announces New Line of "Hybrid" MacBook Cases
- Chicago Multifamily Property Expert Ronan Donahue
- Nutrihealth announces the global launch of nutri-brain™
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices FNR's Ann King named a RISMedia 2024 Real Estate Newsmaker
- Best Buy Metals Partners with United Way of the Ocoee Region to Empower Local Communities