Popular on eTradeWire
- New Non-Profit Launch - Humanbein - 138
- 3-Step Fitness Takes Fitness Training to the Next Level in St. Charles, IL - 117
- Ruby Tuesday Las Cruces Local Patio Naming Contest
- Glenna Gonzalez and JB Tyler Marketing & Consulting join GEW 2021
- Raw Dizzy releases new single, "I Ain't Lying"
- Amicus Brief Supports Britney Spears - As Predicted
- Lee & Associates- LA North/Ventura closes $5 million transaction for multi-use complex in LA
- TVS Boxing Network Adds Six Greatest Fights of the 20th Century to Summer Schedule on WatchYour.TV
- Outdoors Are Open and Atlanta Is The Place To Gather
- grocerocity.com bringing online grocery delivery to Greater Toronto Area: COO
Similar on eTradeWire
- Wilco Distributors announces national launch of new live traps and lures to control rodents in the home and garden targeting everyday use and Pros
- Ponsse North America Featured on Tomorrow's World Today
- August is Water Quality Month and We Want to Hear From You
- Play It Green gets six-figure investment from Amaris Group
- Nonprofit Receives Overwhelming Response And Awards For Rainbowland Documentary
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Packaging Supplier Davpack Make Huge Progress in its Efforts for Going Green
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida to hold 28th annual RedSnook Catch & Release Charity Tournament
- Growing Climate Solutions, community partners plant trees in Habitat for Humanity's Whitaker Woods
- Global Water Works & H2O Global News partner to connect the world with water experts, organisations
Girl Scouts earn patches for participating in events, activities and programs, and display their patches on the back of vests or sashes. To earn the climate change patch, which is specific to Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida, girls must complete three components:
- Discover: understand the science behind the carbon cycle and global warming, as well as their impacts.
- Connect: recognize how to measure and reduce an individual's carbon footprint through a series of discussions and activities.
- Take action: Address climate challenges by working together to develop and implement solutions.
"Climate change is one of the top issues concerning U.S. girls, particularly teens," said Mary Anne Servian, CEO of Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida. "As Girl Scouts, we pledge to use resources wisely and make the world a better place. We pride ourselves on taking action, and the climate change patch is an important tool for environmental education and positive change."
More on eTradeWire News
- Leading Housing Experts Give Back To The Community By Holding Free First Time Home Buyer Workshops
- Cobalt® Digital Takes its 9904-UDX Problem Solver Up Another Level
- Investments in Office Space Offer Strong Returns, According to Lee & Associates- LA North/Ventura
- Planitar Unveils New iGUIDE Radix
- Silver rules the roost in Neue Auctions' online-only Summer Estates auction held July 24th
Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida serves nearly 6,000 girls in 10 counties across Southwest Florida. The mission of Girl Scouts is to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.
Growing Climate Solutions: Path to Positive Southwest Florida formed in 2019 as a partnership between the Community Foundation of Collier County, Collaboratory (formerly the Southwest Florida Community Foundation, Florida Gulf Coast University and Conservancy of Southwest Florida. It has since expanded to include community leaders from the business, health, civic, faith and nonprofit sectors across the five-county region.
Girl Scouts and Growing Climate Solutions launched the climate change patch on June 3 during a virtual kickoff event, which featured four distinguished women who are excelling in science, education and business while advocating for the environment: Tiffany Troxler, a climate scientist and director of the Sea Level Solutions Center at Florida International University; Camille Coley, vice president of the American Natural History Museum; Mary Draves, chief sustainability officer and vice president of environmental health and safety at Dow; and Dawn Shirreffs, Florida director of the Environmental Defense Fund. Discussions focused on the science of climate change, carbon footprints, creating a more sustainable lifestyle, research and organizing campaigns to change laws and protect the planet.
More on eTradeWire News
- Chosen Inc. Selected to Receive Client Donations from International Monetary Systems
- Backpacks Shack: Carry Your Belongings In One Convenient Place With Quality Backpacks
- TruAmerica Multifamily Acquires Apartment Communities in NV, FL and UT for $209 Million
- Innovision Inc. Adds Virtual Keypad Support to Keypoint Interactive
- TRENDnet Introduces Hive, an Advanced Cloud Manager for Centralized and Remote Network Management
The idea to create a climate change patch emerged during Growing Climate Solutions' leadership kickoff meeting in March 2020. At the time, Girl Scouts joined Growing Climate Solutions because both organizations are focused on protecting the earth and its natural resources.
- Custom Mylar Bags - An Amazing Carrier for your Products
- Miami-Dade Bar Announces New Name, New President and Building Renovation
- Becton Dickinson, 3M, and Teleflex Encourage Growth into 2027 for Canada's Vascular Access Market
- MedWand Solutions, Inc. and AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc Partner to Enable Next Generation of Telehealth
- Paradise Garden Supplies: Get Your Garden Looking Its Absolute Best For The Summer Time
- Acoustical Modular Building Manufacturer MECART Establishing Operations in Greenville, SC
- The Yards Receives Renovation of the Year Honor from Golf Inc. Magazine
- Sababa is back! The Jewish Arts & Culture Festival for everyone!
- Arizona Author Larion Wills Promotes Her Romantic Suspense Novel - Deadly Precious
- Florida Skin Center Honors Melanoma Awareness Month
- Synergy 1 Radio Founder, Andre L. Carter to be inducted into the Spin Awards Hall of Fame
- Become a Certified Life or Health Coach by Training with The Mind Remapping Academy
- Garden City Realty recognizes, Drew Streett, its Top Listing and Selling Agent for July
- Find the Golden Ticket and Win a Peloton Bike
- Streaming Television Inc Chosen for Newchip's Seed-Stage Global Accelerator Program
- Burlington Has a New Parks and Recreation Facility
- TRACI.net to Stage Art Contest Featuring Old Way of Communicating with Proceeds Supporting Unicorn C
- Marketing Launch Team OÜ introduces GrowNections – an invitation only and AI-powered one-stop business-networking focused social media app
- Make the Best Homemade Hard Seltzer with Drinkmate Soda Water Makers
- Boost Marketing Efforts in Ann Arbor with Advice From Expert Printers