Popular on eTradeWire
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- Advice from cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mitchell G. Cohen - Five tips to look your best
- RUSHWORKS Introduces its PTX Model 1L at The Video Show
- Shipt Shopper home food delivery
Similar on eTradeWire
- California Olive Oil Council Kicks Off "Why California?" Campaign In 2019 Harvest Season
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Announces Christmas Treecycling Dropoff Locations
- North Florida Land Trust has conserved hundreds of acres surrounding Camp Blanding
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- North Florida Land Trust has acquired land that expands the Trail Ridge Preserve in Clay County
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Thought For Food and Food Lab Accelerator at Google (FLAG) Launch the Inaugural Circular Economy of Food Challenge
- Flow Ventures Goes Green - Becomes Founding Member of Ontario Clean Technology Industry Association
- Lambertville Environmental Commission Welcomes Author Mindy Mutterperl for Sustainability Lecture
- Third Major Green Apple Environment Award for Waste King
"Gina McCarthy is an impressive changemaker on environmental issues and we are pleased to present her with the Care2 Impact Award," said Marlin Miller, Chief Operating Officer of Care2. "By making climate change a public health issue, she is transcending political boundaries and making it real for current and future generations. Her positive attitude, tireless energy and willingness to engage people and organizations at all levels is an inspiration for us all."
"With the climate crisis upon us, we all need to double down and recommit ourselves to bringing more people to the table that will find solutions to protect and empower the most vulnerable among us," said McCarthy. "Thank you to the Women in Green Forum for this award and for shining a spotlight on women who have led and continue to lead this movement."
McCarthy has been a leading advocate for common sense strategies to protect public health and the environment for more than 30 years. She served under President Barack Obama as the 13th Administrator of the EPA from 2013–2017. Her tenure as EPA Administrator heralded a paradigm shift in national environmental policy, expressly linking it with global public health. She led EPA initiatives that cut air pollution, protected water resources, reduced greenhouse gases, and strengthened chemical safety to better protect more Americans, especially the most vulnerable, from negative health impacts. McCarthy signed the Clean Power Plan, which set the first-ever national standards for reducing carbon emissions from existing power plants, underscoring the country's commitment to domestic climate action and spurring international efforts that helped secure the Paris Climate Agreement.
More on eTradeWire News
- Bretman Rock Pledges Portion of What Do You Meme Sales to Daisy Xiong
- Market-Connections Resume Writing Service is now certified in both Personal and Business Branding
- Bloomsday at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Diamond Heating & Cooling Birmingham
- Algrim.co Unveils Top HR Market Condition Changes Job Seekers Should Know Going Into 2020
She is currently Professor of the Practice of Public Health in the Department of Environmental Health at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Director of the Center for Climate, Health, and the Global Environment (Harvard C-CHANGE). In this capacity, she leads the development of the School's strategy in climate science, health, and sustainability; strengthens the climate science and health curriculum; and liaises with climate science leaders across the University.
"We are honored to present the 2019 Trailblazer Award to Gina McCarthy for her lifelong dedication to climate action," said Jaime Nack, Founder of the Women In Green Forum. "She has proven to be one of the country's most effective environmental change agents, having led efforts to enact legislation to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions, combat pollution, and improve public health. Additionally, as one of only 53 women to have served in the U.S. cabinet, she is an inspirational example of women's leadership at the highest level."
The 10th Annual Women in Green Forum will explore the advances made in the environmental movement over the last decade and the innovations on the horizon for the coming decade. The program will feature innovators from across environmental field who are changing the way we think about our future - from what we'll eat to how we'll recycle to how we'll foster the next generation of environmental trailblazers.
About the Women In Green Forum
The Women In Green Forum, produced by Three Squares Inc., is the premier conference for professionals from all sectors of the environmental industry to discuss the latest sustainability innovations, develop powerful professional networks, and build upon each other's successes. The Forum is the largest international conference for women in environmental careers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Catastrophic Services for INSURERS Hail/Wind/Flood/Fire Dealer Buyouts
- Year of housing access inequality for seniors & disabled ends – and another about to start
- Couple's Unique Journey to Move and Save a Historic Home from Demolition
- More than just a REALTOR, Bri Peele's marketing innovates home sales in Brevard County!
- Finalists for the 14th Annual Beaufort International Film Festival Announced
For more information on the Women in Green Forum and to view a complete agenda, please visit http://www.womeningreenforum.com.
Care2 is a network of nearly 50 million people around the globe, dedicated to building a better world. People, nonprofits, and mission-based brands are making world-changing impact with Care2, helping individuals, animals, and the environment. A pioneer of online advocacy since 1998, Care2 is a social enterprise, using the power of business as a force for good.
For more information about Care2, please visit www.Care2.com.
- More bodies. No accountability
- Online retailer of urban streetwear for men introduces new collection
- Jamie Zahlaway Belsito Attended the North Shore Labor Council Women's Solidarity Breakfast
- Books To Go Now is proud to announce the release of The Christmas Town Calls
- Holiday Release! Matt Poll's The Christmas Bird Diary
- celebrity movie actor Horse ' El Caballo ' Wren strikes while the acting iron is Hot in auditions!!!
- A Holiday Party That Gives Back
- VR Wedding in Jamaica at Couples Sans Souci
- FINAL HOMES Now Selling at Lennar's Starr Pass Vistas in Tucson!
- Art Exhibition: Lightness Becomes
- New Partnership ALTO & Beyond Barriers Athletic Foundation provide scholarships to underserved youth
- What is a State Based Health Insurance Exchange?
- The Swingaroos Step to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Shield Republic Charities launches new 'Christmas to Give' program
- Prefab Ticket Booths Are A Fast and Affordable Solution for Fairs, Schools, Stadiums, And More
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Quantum Composers Lasers in Micro/Mini LED Manufacturing
- Dallas-Fort Worth Clinic Uses Ketamine Infusion Therapy to Treat Depression and PTSD
- Harlem's Lyn-Genet's Kitchen presents an evening of art, jazz and wine
- Open: Working at Heights Training Courses