Popular on eTradeWire
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- Advice from cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mitchell G. Cohen - Five tips to look your best
- RUSHWORKS Introduces its PTX Model 1L at The Video Show
- Shipt Shopper home food delivery
Similar on eTradeWire
- More bodies. No accountability
- Fennemore Craig Elects Cameron Johnson as a Firm Director
- McCorkle Litigation Services, Inc., Chicago to remain independent
- Stange Law Firm, PC Founding Partner Kirk C. Stange Present CLE for National Business Institute
- Garcia & Artigliere File Suit Against Manor Care of Fountain Valley for Alleged Abuse
- Private Advising Group PA (PAG) Named "2020 Best Law Firm" by BCG Attorney Search
- Stange Law Firm, PC Founding Partner Kirk Stange and Director of Administration Rebecca Terry Present CLE for myLawCLE
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
- Dickson J. Young, Esq., Named to Virginia Business Magazine's 2019 Legal Elite in the Category of Criminal Law
- Justice Tax, LLC is proud to partner with the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA)
Founded by its 12-year-old gamer CEO George Weiksner, PoQ developed Quarters in 2018 as the first token to allow online gamers to make purchases across multiple online games.
"By providing one currency for many games, we hope to make gaming simpler and more fun," said Weiksner.
"To make this innovative product a reality, we presented a focused legal argument and worked with the SEC to ensure that the sale of Quarters would not be subject to securities laws," said Lewis Cohen of DLx Law.
More on eTradeWire News
- The International Songwriters Day Song Contest Opens Dec. 19!
- Give your home and commercial premises the power of BSLBATT
- Bretman Rock Pledges Portion of What Do You Meme Sales to Daisy Xiong
- Market-Connections Resume Writing Service is now certified in both Personal and Business Branding
- Bloomsday at North Coast Repertory Theatre
The incoming request letter submitted by DLx Law to the SEC on behalf of PoQ addressed the Howey Test, which, based on the 1946 U.S. Supreme Court case SEC v. W.J. Howey Co., defines a security as an investment of money with profits gained solely by the efforts of others. DLx contended that gamers will purchase Quarters exclusively for use in games without a reasonable expectation of profit.
"By developing a strategic approach that defined the Quarters' usage," added Cohen, "We were able to attain the first-ever no-action letter that recognizes that an ERC-20 token can be sold as a consumer product not subject to the registration requirements of federal securities laws."
The SEC provided no-action relief based on these arguments.
"Though this letter is solely for PoQ and has specific requirements, it's a big step forward for the blockchain space," said Greg Strong of DLx Law. "It is a further recognition that not all tokens should be treated as securities and presents a path forward for developers of blockchain-based systems designed to provide a consumer good or service that involve tokens. We are hopeful this will open a lot of doors for further growth in this space."
More on eTradeWire News
- Diamond Heating & Cooling Birmingham
- Algrim.co Unveils Top HR Market Condition Changes Job Seekers Should Know Going Into 2020
- Catastrophic Services for INSURERS Hail/Wind/Flood/Fire Dealer Buyouts
- Year of housing access inequality for seniors & disabled ends – and another about to start
- Couple's Unique Journey to Move and Save a Historic Home from Demolition
About DLx Law
DLx is a new type of firm, for a new type of economy. We focus on sound lawyering and jurisprudence on behalf of the blockchain space. www.dlxlaw.com.
About Pocketful of Quarters
Pocketful of Quarters is the developer of the first cross-game token on the blockchain: Quarters. Quarters are the universal virtual currency for gaming, usable across different games and platforms. www.pocketfulofquarters.com.
- Andrew Jones' January 11th auction will feature fine art from the collection of Gerard L. Cafesjian
- Dr Claudio Cerullo - AWARDS and CITATIONS
- More bodies. No accountability
- Online retailer of urban streetwear for men introduces new collection
- Jamie Zahlaway Belsito Attended the North Shore Labor Council Women's Solidarity Breakfast
- Books To Go Now is proud to announce the release of The Christmas Town Calls
- Holiday Release! Matt Poll's The Christmas Bird Diary
- celebrity movie actor Horse ' El Caballo ' Wren strikes while the acting iron is Hot in auditions!!!
- A Holiday Party That Gives Back
- VR Wedding in Jamaica at Couples Sans Souci
- FINAL HOMES Now Selling at Lennar's Starr Pass Vistas in Tucson!
- Art Exhibition: Lightness Becomes
- New Partnership ALTO & Beyond Barriers Athletic Foundation provide scholarships to underserved youth
- What is a State Based Health Insurance Exchange?
- The Swingaroos Step to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Shield Republic Charities launches new 'Christmas to Give' program
- Prefab Ticket Booths Are A Fast and Affordable Solution for Fairs, Schools, Stadiums, And More
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Quantum Composers Lasers in Micro/Mini LED Manufacturing
- Dallas-Fort Worth Clinic Uses Ketamine Infusion Therapy to Treat Depression and PTSD