Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 133
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- Zone heating and cooling systems pay off in energy savings
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- StoreEase Virtual Management Adds Industry Veterans to Dynamic Leadership Team
- South Florida Doctors Did NOT Walk Out in Protest
- COE Distributing Makes 9th Appearance on Pittsburgh Business Times List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Kazakh electronic star Imanbek and rock-tinged genius LP release 'Fighter'
- Quarch Technology expands its Power Analysis range with new fixtures for HDDs, SSDs and Cable Harnesses
- Covid Acts of Kindness breaks the GUINNESS WORLD RECORD!
Similar on eTradeWire
- Sports World Television LIVE Worldwide "Pro Boxing Channel" Launching January 2022
- NLL Partners With Lax Sav As Official Equipment Partner
- Backstretch workers recognized by the first El Mejor Awards to be hosted by Past the Wire
- National Black Distance Running Hall of Fame to Induct Chicago's Rainbow Road Runners Club
- Citizens Sports Training LLC to create AI and VR-powered sports training systems
- 2xu Malibu Triathlon Presented By Bank Of America Benefits Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- The Inspiring Story of Tyce Treadway: How a High School Student is Changing the Sports World
- 227's™ BLACK & BLUE HIT ALERT! JL Chili' SKINNER Spicy' Hit! #Zero! BOISE STATE! #NIKE'Spicy' NBA!
- Rerouted Officially Releases Mobile App to Public
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' BOISE STATE vs OKLAHOMA STATE on FS1! College Football! #NIKE'Spicy' NBA!
GamePoint Elite (GPE) will begin in October with 30 players between ages 16 and 18, the company announced Monday. On top of their pay, GamePoint Elite players would receive "GamePoints" the GamePoint Governance Token built on Etherum's, decentralized, open-source blockchain with smart contract functionality, and additional revenue generated from outside sponsorships, subscriptions, Pay-per-view revenue share, and even the ability to go after shoe deals.
GamePoint founder David Ewing said in a statement that the company is providing these benefits, in part, because teenage players aren't paid when playing in high school and college. Talented players should be compensated regardless of age, he said.
"GPE offers the next generation of basketball talent what they have long deserved: a path that respects their value and honors their potential, as players and as people," Ewing said. "Paying basketball players isn't radical. What's radical is telling people who put in thousands of hours of work that they have to do it for free."
More on eTradeWire News
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Heidi McNeil Staudenmaier Appointed Chair of an ABA Committee
- SHSMD Connections and Digital Health
- Author pens second novel in critically acclaimed Myrtle Beach mystery series
- Search Engine Optimization Strategy Expert Chris Raulf of Boulder SEO Marketing to Speak at the SEO Square Two-Day Conference
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Englewood and Port Charlotte Residents!
GamePoint said its league will be special because players will train at professional athletic facilities. Players will also get one-on-one classes on financial literacy, media training, and social justice advocacy. The classes are designed to help teenagers "prepare for the pressures that come with stardom and the opportunities that come with being a role model," GamePoint said.
Entrepreneur David Ewing started GamePoint with the aim of creating the next generation of sports media. Most of GamePoint's video content lives on social media with a combined 99 million-plus followers.
GamePoint's video content reaches 1.7 billion views a month across YouTube, Snapchat, IGTV, Instagram and TikTok, the company said. Many of today's NBA superstars, got their first whiff of national exposure on GamePoint.
Ewing said in a statement Thursday that the one-on-one classes are particularly useful for teenagers because "many athletes aren't properly prepared for what it really means to go pro."
Visit >> https://itsgamepoint.com
GamePoint Technologies, Inc.
- Tutanota LLC Amends Tender Offer for up to 1,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of salesforce.com, inc
- METAvivor Announces the Virtual Conference: Overcoming Health Disparities In MBC
- American Momentum Bank assigns executives expanded Market President positions
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support
- Hertz Investment Group Sells Five Building Portfolio in Richmond
- Thiel College recognizes September Students of the Month
- Distroller World Releases First-Ever FlyNerlies Designed to Fly
- Thiel College climbs US News & World Report rankings, recognized for social mobility
- Kravis for the Performing Arts anuncia concierto del cantante de salsa ganador del Grammy® GILBERTO SANTA ROSA en West Palm Beach
- Holiday Gift Giving & Gatherings - the Best Natural, Organic, and Eco-friendly Products
- Former Chicago frontman, Jeff Coffey, makes his return to the stage to a packed house
- Turning Point Church to host community job and resources fair Oct. 14 in Bonita Springs
- PorchLight Real Estate Group Opens New DTC Office Location
- Go-Forth Pest Control Honored For Growth 4th Year In A Row
- The New Platform Changing the Way You Shop for Natural, Organic, and Eco-friendly Products
- Students Challenged To Name New Water Coaster At Quassy Amusement & Waterpark
- Drive-in Horror Movies & Live Monsters Return To Clark County Event Center This Halloween
- 227's YouTube Chili' KAREEM Chili' ABDUL-JABBAR COVID-19 Vaccine PSA! UCLA Lakers #NIKE'Spicy' NBA
- Homesnap names Aprile Osborne Fastest Growing Agent Award for the First Half of 2021
- Champion Film Salon International Film Festival Announces Panelist Line Up