Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 246
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 206
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 190
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 179
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 172
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 154
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 122
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry 108
- Presidential Candidate Dr. Valerie McCray Understands the Soul of America 101
- QURECA launches the first Quantum training & recruitment platform
Similar on eTradeWire
- AxessPointe Community Health Centers Providing Testing for COVID-19
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
- One Byte Data™ Introduces Software for COVID-19 Chest X-Ray Research and Imaging
- 'Eewee Production' Announces Improvements To Its Popular Beauty Meditation iPhone App
- 2020 C8 Corvette Anchors Chip Miller Amyloidosis Foundation Fundraising Efforts
- Functional Medicine Doctor Flips the Script on Anxiety
- Functional Medicine Doctor Flips Script on Anxiety
- Affordable Acupuncture Clinic Reopens
- 5 Ways to Prevent COVID-19 With Your Own Immune System
- Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
The free screenings begin Monday, Sept. 23, which is the first day of fall and Falls Prevention Awareness Day, which raises awareness of an issue impacting many older Americans. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in four Americans ages 65 and older will experience a fall each year, and falls are the leading cause of both fatal injury and nonfatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
At the fall-risk screenings, Fyzical's experienced team of physical therapists will help patients identify compromises in balance, flexibility and strength that could make them more susceptible to falls, and then outline steps to prevent future falls. Fyzical has a comprehensive balance therapy program that evaluates a patient's gait, or walking skills, to determine potential problems with strength, posture and other conditions. Hip and ankle weakness, as well as poor posture, often lead to balance problems.
More on eTradeWire News
- Boston College theologian Richard Lennan returns as speaker for 2020 Voice of the Faithful Conference
- Horizons Savannah Raises Over $90,000 of Support During 2020 Giving Day
- Commercial Auto Insurance vs. Personal Auto Insurance
- MEMEENO Wins 2020 Top Choice of the Year Award
- International open ideas competition receives 960 entries for an iconic landmark in Silicon Valley
"Falling is very common among older adults, but most falls are preventable," said Dr. Chris Mulvey, PT, DPT, CLT, president for company-owned operations at Fyzical. "Our physical therapists offer exercises to improve a patient's strength and flexibility, which can counteract many of their balance issues."
Falls Prevention Awareness Day is coordinated by the National Council on Aging (NCOA) as part of its Falls Free Initiative, which includes 43 states and 70 national organizations, professional associations and federal agencies working collaboratively to bring education, awareness and evidence-based solutions to local communities.
"Falls prevention is a team effort that takes a balance of education, intervention and community support," said Kathleen Cameron, Senior Director of NCOA's National Falls Prevention Resource Center. "This is an opportunity to empower and educate everyone about their roles in preventing falls."
Appointments are required for Fyzical's complimentary fall-risk screenings, which are available from Sept. 23 through Oct. 22 at Fyzical's Southwest Florida locations in Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, Naples, North Fort Myers, North Port, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda and Sanibel. Please visit Fyzical.com to search for the nearest location. www.Fyzical.com.
- Brick Scholars is an Inspiration
- Newest PYNKTALKS Guest is a Musician & "Unicorn Magic Professional"
- Makita Trusts Blades Direct & Bladesdirect.net as The Newest Distributor
- 2b Acting release their hard-hitting interactive video 'NO: The Line'
- Outdoor dining and additional businesses now open at The Collection
- R&B's Troy Tyler Drops His Latest Single, "Good Good"
- Battlestar Galactica, One Tree Hill, Star Trek Among New Wizard World Virtual Experiences This Week
- Devin Burrows' THE WRETCHED Score to be Released
- El Dorado Hills Fire Department Chooses RadioMobile For AVL Mobile Data Communications
- Sports Platform 'Fanfully' Officially Launches, Giving Real Sports Fans Their Own Social Network
- Daniel Krawisz the Emperor of Bitcoin Releases "Bitcoin: at Scale" Animated Short
- Protecting Remote Workers: Intellectmap Launches Remote Work Cybersecurity Solution
- 10th Annual St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Finals Will Be Broadcast by Nine PBS August 10
- Why You Need a Co-Habitation Agreement
- China's oil demand gradually recovers amidst deteriorating geopolitics
- Steve Muehler On The Corner Of Main Street And Wall Street Announces International Stock Exchange S
- TVS Game Show Network Launches on TVS TV Networks.Com Post Cable Network Service
- Georgia Edcamp Discusses Digital Learning and Much More
- Behind Changing the "Redskins" Racist Name
- Healthy Cookie Brittle Company, Brooklyn Bites, Now Available in Whole Foods Market