Popular on eTradeWire
- Pioneering a New Wave in UK Rap Music: BH.WAV - 2420
- Fairmint Achieves Milestone as Newly SEC-Registered Transfer Agent - 223
- Colonial Oil Industries and TICO Lead Sustainable Energy Transition in the Southeast - 194
- Echoes of Elysium | New Works by Jennifer JL Jones - 171
- California Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Honor Iconic Americana Singer-Songwriter Gary Green - 170
- Healthcare Network names Dr. Salvatore Anzalone vice president of clinical business development - 169
- TAG Video Systems Joins the Streaming Video Technology Alliance - 167
- Inspires The Gift Of Love This Valentine's Day With A New Collection Of Williams Sonoma P - 152
- ONLINE NOTARY SERVICE, All Coconut Creek, Parkland, Margate,Coral Springs,Pompano Beach & Boca Ratom - 128
- MotorEnvy Celebrates Successful First Event with Cars Under the Stars - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- Skyline Design Debuts Innovative Horizon Pergola Dining Collection at High Point Market's New Interhall IH304 Showroom
- Rustic Deco Launches NEW Wholesale Website
- Bent Danholm Reveals Essential 2024 Home Design Trends in New Report
- Max out in Max from Scandinavian Spaces
- Sustainable Home - Handmade and Ethically Made Solid Wood Furniture
- Lola Takes the Stage at Scandinavian Spaces
- COE Distributing's J.D. Ewing Honored with 2023 Smart 50 Award
Woodland Park, NJ – December 6, 2022 – When Covid shuttered the church to outsiders where Boy Scout Troop #22 of Clifton, NJ met, FSR (http://www.fsrinc.com/) stepped in to offer an alternative. The manufacturer of ProAV equipment located in Woodland Park, NJ has a long, rich history of giving back to the community and this time was no exception. When FSR employee, and Assistant Scout Master, John Macaluso jr. asked FSR president, Jan Sandri if the scouts could meet at FSR, Sandri not only agreed to providing a meeting room, she opened up a workshop in the factory where they could continue practicing their crafts.
Scouting is a long-term commitment for Macaluso, who believes it helps the kids become better citizens and more responsible adults. A scout since he was six years old, he's seen the positive effect of good role-models first-hand and is passionate about paying it forward.
More on eTradeWire News
- Capturing the Essence: A Tale of Two Portraiture Methods
- Spectrum Celebrates 40 Years Of Outstanding Leadership
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
- Progressive Legal Launches Intellectual Property Checklist to Support Small Businesses
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
"Scouting is about allowing kids to have experiences they might have otherwise missed," said Macaluso. "We teach them safety and responsibility, giving them the skills they need to become leaders and contribute to the community. When the pandemic hit, our usual meeting place, a church, couldn't allow outsiders in. We found ourselves in a desperate situation with no place to go, and these scouts depended on the community experience and leadership training that came with our weekly meetings."
Troop #22 out of Clifton, NJ is comprised of 9 boys ranging in age from 11 – 16. The weekly meetings were often the only opportunity they had to fraternize with others similar in age during the pandemic. The scouts adhered to safety protocols and continued to meet at FSR for about a year, when it was safe to return to their original location.
"Jan Sandri opened the doors and her heart to these kids. The Troop would have folded if it weren't for her generosity," added Macaluso.
FSR also supports the United Way of Passaic County's "Backpacks 4 Kids" school program with an annual donation of much-needed school supplies as local children return to their classrooms. In addition, Sandri has organized relief efforts for local disasters, such as Super Storm Sandy, and is on the Board of Kindness Shared Happiness Squared, a Florida based non-profit created to distribute happiness to kids and animals.
- Charles Gianelloni Elected President of University of Nevada, Las Vegas Lee Business School's Alum
- HIGH RIVIERA, The Graphic Novel: A Thrilling Tale of Romance, Intrigue, and Adventure
- Dr. David Traverzo Releases New Book on Liberating Conversion Following Jesus' Mission
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow
- One App Guarantee - FL Regional Director
- Altitude Sound Club Unveils Groundbreaking AI Album "Introducing Lion Aurora"
- The Center for Contemporary Art Offers Spring Art Classes for Adults, Teens & Children
- 7th Annual Baton Rouge Soul Food Festival
- Lord of Terror is live! - Zinequest solo dungeon delve
- Caffè Umbria's Grifo Blend Takes Center Stage at 2024 Coffee Fest Latte Art World Championship
- 2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Hypnosis Conference
- Ryan & Tyson Thacker Scheduled to Appear on Spotlight Television Hosted by Industry Legend Tom Hegna
- ImmuniWeb and Bammtech Form Strategic Partnership to Expand Market Reach
- Grand Opening of new Bonita Commons Goodwill
- Ben Allen Band to headline March 24 BBQ, Bands & Brew to benefit Lee BIA Builders Care
- Florida Events and Festivals Proudly Sponsors The Treasure Coast Seafood Festival
- Dr. Shruti Shah: Dual Board Certification in Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Management
- Do You Want to Start A Business But Don't Know What it Will Demand of You?
- ASA Webinar Explores Mid-Year Economic & Market Conditions, Impact on Valuations & Cost of Capital