Popular on eTradeWire News
- Bungalo Records Celebrates BET Awards 2018 with a Salute by Dolla Black 1388
- Rumored Potential Takeover Bid for SenesTech, Inc. (SNES) 828
- How To Rank In Google 3 Pack Service Launched This Week 301
- Safe Harbor Rolls Out National Cannabis Banking Education Program 184
- Digital Marketers India Announced to Offer Best SEO Services to B2B Enterprises 114
- Powerful Prior Authorization With The Prior Auth Online Advantage 107
- Gotelecare is a Pioneer Service Destination for Orthotics Billing
- PriorAuth Online Bridges the Medical Billing Gaps: Free Telemedicine Platform & Total RCM Support
- FiDonce Pro-Am set to re-energize Philly with Some Big Name NBA Players Onboard
- The Best Strategy For CLAT Exam Preparation 2019 - The Opus Way
Similar on eTradeWire News
- DarkRegions.com Shoppers Books of Horror, Fantasy & Sci-Fi Finding Valuable Collectibles in Orders!
- New novel created by Rhoda Fegan, author of Elizabeth's Journey
- Coming in October from All Due Respect: WELCOME TO HOLYHELL by Math Bird
- The August issue of Story Monsters Ink is now available!
- "Secret Memoirs of Mary Shelley: Frankenstein Diaries" Audiobook Released
- Nate Hendley launches book on Ron Moffatt
- Scott Stevens Announces On Ice Audio Book To Be Released This Friday!
- When You Learn, The World Learns!
- Children's Book, Elara: STEM Girl, Inspires New Generation of Girls
- HALF THE CHILD: Debut novel by William J. McGee explores custody, child abduction and parental alienation — from a devoted dad's perspective
Billed as an eco-thriller, published by Fantastic Books Publishing, the book gives a vivid portrayal of the idyllic world of a remote island set up to cater for dive tourists, but underlying this utopia is foreboding that grows to terror. Yet despite the spine-tingling unease that underlies it, early reviewers have applauded the author for transporting her readers to the heart of the Maldives.
The author is well placed to write about this part of the world, having been there many times with her award-winning ocean photographer husband when they were based in the Middle East. Now retired, and already an accomplished poet and dystopian short fiction writer, this is Sue's first full length novel.
The book was initially drafted whilst its author was sitting on the white sand of a remote beach in the Indian Ocean. Did she have feelings of disquiet at the time? 'I wouldn't say I had any misgivings,' she says. 'The tourist islands are very separate from the day to day life of the Maldives. My thoughts over the years were mainly about the increasing luxuries tourism requires, and how it weighs with these small isolated islands, so remote and set so low in the beautiful Indian Ocean.'
More on eTradeWire News
- L-Tron Attends 103rd Annual IAI Conference
- Review.Network is Changing the Market Research and Review Industries in a Big Way!
- AquaBlok Stops Leak in Pond Rehabilitation Project
- From Design to Delivery: MFG.com Launches their New RFQ Form for Buyers!
- Construction planned for assisted living and memory care community in Mesquite
- FreshDirect Opens State-Of-The-Art Facility in New York
- Syracuse Skilled Nursing Facility signs groundbreaking contract with 1199SEIU healthcare workers
'As well as her knack for bringing a setting to life, Sue has a real talent for painting that feeling of something nasty in the shadows,' says her publisher Dan Grubb of Fantastic Books Publishing. 'She did it beautifully in her debut novelette, Till They Dropped, and has perfectly translated that air of menace into her first full length novel. Be warned, you won't be able to put it down because you have to know what's round the next corner.'
About the book
Read more about Waiting for Gordo at https://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Gordo-Mrs-Sue-Knig...
About Fantastic Books Publishing
For more about Fantastic Books Publishing, see their website: www.FantasticBooksStore.com
Dan Grubb, CEO, Fantastic Books Publishing
Mr Dan Grubb, CEO
- Surf Coast Moms Attending the Gobi Desert Cup Raise Funds for Charity
- Operation Food Search Accepting Fall Applications for Afterschool Meal Program
- Fireflight Releases "Die Free" Single Aug. 3
- Dr. Cindy Gordon joins CATA TechNow Digital Video Channel as an AI Personality
- The Stars of Indian Solar Market Solar Products Poised to Shine in India
- Capital Allocation Partners Acquires Colter Gardens
- CRM Radio Welcomes Paul Petersen as Host
- Orange Blossom Trail Project Wins FPZA Outstanding Plan Award
- Perfect Body Laser & Aesthetics Takes It To The Next Level
- Gramercy Tech Acknowledged by ThinkMobiles as Among the Best Virtual Reality Companies in 2018
- Divorce Education and Financial Empowerment: One-Stop Shopping from the Nation's Leading Non-Profit Educators
- Find Something That Works, Then Trade It
- Unconscious bias in business is topic for Aug. 8 NAWBO Phoenix business meeting
- Powered by Owl Insights®, Inova Kellar Center Achieves Joint Commission Accreditation
- LS Muzik Group Releases Latest Single With Unusual Approach
- Text My Main Number Announced Launch of Emojis in Landline Texting
- Serial Entrepreneur & Champion for Nigerian Women's Rights, Aisha Oyebode, Is Featured in July/
- Second Wind Dreams Awarded $1 Million Grant
- MetPro Creates Action Plan to Battle Rising Paper Costs
- AGR & Pathfinder Direct Announce Strategic Partnership