Popular on eTradeWire News
- Rumors circulating of Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc considering AstraZeneca (AZN) bid 426
- New Artists Acquisition for Mack Drama & 1017 Brick Squad Mafia Records 286
- Netflix "Fastest Car" Series Taps Supercar Owner Bryan L. Salamone 271
- Anti-Parasite Formula ParasiFort Removes Parasites In Humans 190
- EmpowHer Institute Partners With B-STEM Project 154
- Local high school string quartet to join touring Beatles vs. Stones show on Charlotte stage 151
- Gucci Mane receives the 2018 Swisher Spark Award in LA 147
- Advanced Core Concepts Announces Partnership with Keystone Synergistic Enterprises 146
- Atlanta Filmmaker Sinatra 'Osm' Onyewuchi Shoots Award-Winning Faith-Based, Short Film for $240.00 132
- 68% Of Data Breaches Take Months Or Longer To Discover 117
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Author Nicholas A. Price Reveals "The Ace Stone Books" Are Based On A True Story
- The Adventures of Prissy and Missy™ by Karen Elise Wormack, MPA Captures the Heart of Children
- Gandhi: The Eternal Management by Dr.Pratik P. Surana
- Ed Protzel wins not one but TWO awards in the Missouri Writers Guild 2017 Fall Fiction Contest!
- Parkland school presentation marks launch of Tampa Bay author's North American Student Speaking Tour
- Prolific Press Publishes Counter Point by Laura Rodley, Love on the Whydah takes readers by storm!
- "Hey mom I'm a Vegetarian" — A Child's Vegetarian Cookbook by Leya Glazer
- Author Laura Daleo And Story Bound Publishing Release New Dark Vampire Fantasy The Vampire Within
- $10 From Each Sale Of Book To Help Victims Of Toronto Attack For Next 30 Days
- JUST RELEASED! - 100 Tips & Tools for Managing Chronic Illness
Billed as an eco-thriller, published by Fantastic Books Publishing, the book gives a vivid portrayal of the idyllic world of a remote island set up to cater for dive tourists, but underlying this utopia is foreboding that grows to terror. Yet despite the spine-tingling unease that underlies it, early reviewers have applauded the author for transporting her readers to the heart of the Maldives.
The author is well placed to write about this part of the world, having been there many times with her award-winning ocean photographer husband when they were based in the Middle East. Now retired, and already an accomplished poet and dystopian short fiction writer, this is Sue's first full length novel.
The book was initially drafted whilst its author was sitting on the white sand of a remote beach in the Indian Ocean. Did she have feelings of disquiet at the time? 'I wouldn't say I had any misgivings,' she says. 'The tourist islands are very separate from the day to day life of the Maldives. My thoughts over the years were mainly about the increasing luxuries tourism requires, and how it weighs with these small isolated islands, so remote and set so low in the beautiful Indian Ocean.'
More on eTradeWire News
- Webline-Services: Intelligent Knowledge Management and Support Chat Software
- New Line of Eco-Friendly Kitchen Accessories Comes to GreyDock.com
- Adelphi Business School Earns International Reaccreditation
- IT Works Recruitment Inc. WINS 2018 PACESETTER AWARD
- ATEN Eliminates Bulky Docking Stations with Plug and Play USB Mini Dock
- Renowned Caterer Opens Hecter's Kitchen Restaurant
- Kempinski Hotel Bahía is recognised as one of Europe's Leading Entertainment & Dining Resorts
'As well as her knack for bringing a setting to life, Sue has a real talent for painting that feeling of something nasty in the shadows,' says her publisher Dan Grubb of Fantastic Books Publishing. 'She did it beautifully in her debut novelette, Till They Dropped, and has perfectly translated that air of menace into her first full length novel. Be warned, you won't be able to put it down because you have to know what's round the next corner.'
About the book
Read more about Waiting for Gordo at https://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Gordo-Mrs-Sue-Knig...
About Fantastic Books Publishing
For more about Fantastic Books Publishing, see their website: www.FantasticBooksStore.com
Dan Grubb, CEO, Fantastic Books Publishing
Mr Dan Grubb, CEO
- Local Orthodontic Practice Promotes National Facial Protection Month
- How to Choose the Right Hardwood Top for Your Business Furniture
- HRO Today Announces HR Professionals to be Honored at 2018 CHRO of the Year Awards
- Canadian Startup Sponsors GTA Hiring Event
- Zenagen Releases New Candle Inspired By Signature Revolve Fragrance
- isovideo Announces New Stunning-Quality HDR/HLG/SDR HD/4K Conversion Self Service with Steep Cost & Time Savings & 100 Free Film Post-NAB Promotion
- How to Rent a Cleaned Porta Potty Unit?
- Girl Scouts of Gateway Council Announces Women Who Make a Difference 2018
- National Friendly launches new over 50s Guaranteed Life Assurance Plan
- Apple Awards For The Best Tutors
- TMG Consulting Announces New Executive Appointments
- Linux Kernel 4.x support for Perle Serial & Parallel Cards
- Workplace Safety Negligence Costs Two Construction Companies Millions
- 10 Important Steps in Online Marketing
- Oscar Nominee John Hawkes in Classic Movie at JDIFF
- Statement from Leading Horse Charity on UK Welfare Crisis
- Execulink Expands Fibre to the Home Services to Port Dover
- Why AWS Online Courses Being Popular Nowadays
- Mildren's Marathon Man does it again!
- Growing by a Robust 22% CAGR through to 2023, the Global Synthetic Biology Market to Touch $22 Bn