Popular on eTradeWire
- Gulf Coast Village's Jennifer Cason earns Healthcare Hero Award from Volunteers of America - 207
- 8th Annual Texas Black Business Economic Forecast - 2021 - 195
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed - 174
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020 - 141
- The Online Box Office Film Festival teams up with 3rd Fathom Films
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- Will Mark Zuckerberg have to change facebook name?
Similar on eTradeWire
- Snell & Wilmer Selected as a Finalist for SDBJ's 2020 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Awards
- Study: 1 in 4 States Don't Require Judge to Consider Child's Custody Preference
- Crypto Land Is Calling For A New Coin While Its Rates Skyrocket
- Kaufman & Kaufman, LLC. Will Help You Settle Your Case
- Shapiro Zwanetz & Associates Ranked In U.S. News And Best Lawyers 2021 "Best Law Firms" List
- SW Partner Steffi Hafen Selected as a Finalist for SDBJ's Business Women of the Year Awards 2020
- Hyperion Announces 2020 MarketViewTM Report for IP Management Systems for Corporations
- Katuri Kaye Awarded as LABJ's 2020, Leaders in Law Honoree Attorney of the Year, Labor & Employment
- Edentech adds Employment Background Screening capabilities to CareSafe&Secure Suite
- Pavese Law Firm attorney, Christopher L. Pope, earns Board Certification in Construction Law
"The 13th amendment abolished private slave ownership, but government entities are legally permitted to force people to work for profit. It goes against everything humane and civilly right and it's yet another stain on our justice system. We need to abolish slavery in Texas for all people, without exceptions." said Savannah Eldrige.
More on eTradeWire News
- All people and pathways to recovery matter at All Roads Recovery Community Center
- Iowa Department of Transportation to Sell Surplus Assets on GovDeals.com
- Resident Wellness Director Brings Extensive Nursing Experience to Candle Light Cove
- Burstcoin Joins BPSAA as New Alliance Member
- Blades Direct "bladesdirect reviews" partners up with Grabo
The event at Together We Stand Christian Church 1432 Texas Parkway, Missouri City, Texas 77489, will start at 2pm and end at 4pm. The event will bring real-life examples, and showcase formerly incarcerated activists, and a mock prison cell exhibit to help elevate awareness of this issue and why it is very important.
According to the Texas Observer, "Texas has one of the largest prison populations in the country, with more than 145,000 prisoners (https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/documents/Annual_Review_2017.pdf) in 2017. There are almost 900 people (https://www.prisonpolicy.org/global/2018.html) incarcerated for every 100,000, while the national average is 698 people incarcerated per 100,000 (and less than 100 people imprisoned per 100,000 in several European countries). Texas also has one of the most profitable (https://truthout.org/articles/unpaid-labor-in-t...) prison systems in the nation: Texas Correctional Industries (TCI), the state's prison labor program, made $84 million (https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/documents/Annual_Rev...) with the help of free labor in 2017."
More on eTradeWire News
- Twelve Vacant Lots Available for Purchase in Private Island Community in Pensacola, FL
- America's Last Little Italy: The Hill to have TV Premiere On PBS
- Levered Learning Launches Pilot with LEANLAB Education to Address Math Proficiency in Kansas City
- Thomas A. Burns, Jr. Announces the Release of Sniper!
- Are Precious Metals, Gems and Rare Coins the Perfect Gift this Year?
The October 25th event to advocate for change is open to the public, family members of prisoners, the formally incarcerated, human rights organizations, and anyone and everyone who want fair treatment and change. Change cannot wait any longer. With the help of community stakeholders, and the media, legislators must be educated and incited to address the need to repeal the 13th amendment, and liberate those enslaved in Texas, by putting an end to free, forced labor in the state penal system.
- NAL Player, Daveon Howard, Finds Thankfulness Despite Difficult Year for Sports
- Author Wins Two International Book Awards
- Black Diamond Client, Josef Gotsch, Dominates Vegas Doubles Tournament
- DePaul, Niagara, St. John's Expand Esports Engagement With First-Ever Vincentian ESports Cup
- Customer Resources - Used Mazda3 Inventory
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Ends Soon Advises Medicare Supplement Director
- netElastic Featured as One of 5 Top NFV Solutions
- Free Gift Concierge Service For Unique Gifts By Gifter World
- Grey 2015 Honda Accord Sedan For Sale in Toronto
- A mouth spray used in dentistry for over a decade, Proven effective against CoVid-19
- Paul Bruno's The Original Jeeps⸺The Race To Build America's First Jeeps Now In Kindle Format
- SimplyCast Aids Businesses with COVID-19 Contact Tracing with Contactless Check-in Solution
- Digital Defense, Inc. Discloses cPanel® & WHM® Vulnerability
- Electri-Flex Teams with Community for 1,000 Thanksgiving Meal Donations
- Century 22 Solutions Announces New Board of Advisors Member
- Dominique Jackson, Star of "Pose" on FX, Lends Her Celebrity to Support United We Rise
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Aliso Viejo Community Association Completes Extensive Improvements and Upgrades to Community Parks
- A Key Ingredient for Homeschooling Success
- Immaris – A New Frontier in the Fight Against Cold Water Disease