Popular on eTradeWire
- Love 2 The World Celebration Global Tv Mega Event Concert For The 1st Time At Niagara Falls Fr - 361
- Hoppr Taps Georges Laplanche to Develop Billion Dollar European Programmatic Advertising Market for Network Service Providers - 241
- Mexico Hosts the First Cancun International Boat Show - 227
- ProStrategix Chosen as Top Web Design Agency by DesignRush - 216
- ILoveInns.com Announces 2021 Top 10 Best Romantic Inns - 206
- TVS Light Network.Com Adds Faith and Family Programming to WatchYour.TV Platform Powered By Tulix - 202
- Missouri Author Debbie Baldwin Releases New Romantic Suspense - Illicit Intent - 198
- Patrick Mahomes strikes twice by winning overall 2020 Hickok Belt(R) Award and January 2021 monthly - 193
- Market-Connections Resume Writing Services Celebrates 10 Years in Business - 182
- Aruba Environmental Credentials Further Strengthened - 162
Similar on eTradeWire
- Identity Podcast The Importance of Black History
- Identity Podcast Celebrating Black History Month
- Blume TV launches on Roku in 12 countries across Latin America
- Bigger and Better Nominees Join The Latin Podcast Awards Festival 2021
- 5 Things All Young Democrats In The United States Should Know In 2021
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- Podcast Movement University Sponsors Latin Podcast Awards #latinpodcast
- The word is out, RM Philly of North Carolina is taking giant steps in the music industry and it's paying off
- Lowdly Provides Scholarship and Joins The Festival At The Latin Podcast Awards
- Interview Valet Sponsors The Latin Podcast Awards!
Lawyers Using Media to Spread Allegations Should Provide Some Backup
WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 21, 2020) - Tucker Carlson has come under severe criticism for asking attorney Sidney Powell for some evidence supporting her widely publicized claim that rigged voting software switched millions of votes from Trump to Biden.
Some critics of Carlson have argued that lawyers don't and should not hand over evidence to the media, and/or that the evidence should be revealed in court, and not in the media.
But public interest law professor, who is a well-known and very successful lawyer, says that's incorrect.
Attorneys who want to try their cases in court, and not present evidence outside that venue - the way many lawyers choose to proceed - are under no public duty or other obligation to disclose their evidence except though proper legal channels (e.g., in court or in court documents).
More on eTradeWire News
- Above Board Chamber "assisting" businesses to become more productive
- TKO Business Solutions Corp. Investigates COVID-19 Impact on Real Estate in Canada
- Why Is My Printer Printing Blank Pages?
- Fashion Designer Minika Ko and NYC Arts Empire Host a Event to Celebrate International Women's Day
- We Have This Fantastic Red 2018 Nissan Rogue for Sale at Our Toronto Dealership
But lawyers who voluntarily choose to publicize their claims in the media, and otherwise inform the public of them, should be prepared to make some kind of showing outside court if they want to be taken seriously, says Banzhaf.
Although I frequently disagree with Tucker on many legal and other issues, on this one he is correct, especially since he went out of the way to severely limit his criticism of Powell.
While we like to think that lawyers would not lie or make frivolous claims, they cannot always be believed, especially when speaking on behalf of a controversial client, so they must be prepared to present some evidence if they want any credence, argues Banzhaf.
Here there appears to be no legal logic or justification for attorney Powell not providing evidence of her claims which could affect the presidency, and where time is very much of the essence since the Electoral College will meet shortly.
In short, it is entirely proper for Carlson - who can hardly be credibly accused of being an opponent of the President - to request some evidence of Powell's claims, Banzhaf concludes.
- Southern California Black Chamber of Commerce - Long Beach Area Names Sharifah Hardie President
- Liz Simmons (of Low Lily) Announces Release Of New Solo Album, "Poets"
- Online Simulation Designed to Help Persuade Covid-19 Vaccine Skeptics
- We Have A 2016 Jetta for Sale At Our Toronto Dealership!
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction of Greentex Landscaping to Zodega Landscape Svcs
- Cobalt Digital's Dr. Ciro Noronha to Speak on Compressed HDR Transport Options at Virtual VidTrans
- Surety Systems Acquires JAGwire Group
- Same-Day Crowns & Affordable Dental Implants Available from Castle Dental
- Have You Noticed How Certain Things in Your Life Affect Your Skin?
- Carole Demas. Sarah Rice and Ian Herman Together Again
- Orthodontist in Harrisburg Accepting New Patients; Braces Only $3,995
- Identity Podcast The Importance of Black History
- Pandemic Compliance Services Provides Certified Pandemic Compliance Advisors And Covid-19 Compliance
- Watch Dastam Ra Raha Nakon for Free Today!
- Triller Fight Club Secures Teófimo López Against George Kambosos Jr. Bout
- NATP submits request to IRS Commissioner for tax filing extension
- Associates and Bruce L. Scheiner names Jacquelyn D. McMiller to Community Service position
- Meatless Farm Launches First Plant-Based Hot Dog That Tastes Like a Real Hot Dog
- What is Gingivitis and How Can I Get Rid of It?
- Sandline Global Fortifies World-Class Executive Team: Glenn Hopper Joins as Chief Financial Officer