Popular on eTradeWire
- Gulf Coast Village's Jennifer Cason earns Healthcare Hero Award from Volunteers of America - 205
- 8th Annual Texas Black Business Economic Forecast - 2021 - 194
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed - 174
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020 - 141
- The Online Box Office Film Festival teams up with 3rd Fathom Films
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- Will Mark Zuckerberg have to change facebook name?
Similar on eTradeWire
- San Antonio Express-News introduces 2021 Matching Marketing Fund Program
- We Partnering Up For aTOY DRIVE
- As Americans face censorship on social media, one media company has a solution
- Chat Sports 2020 NBA Draft Broadcast Watched Live By A Record 1.3 Million NBA Fans On YouTube
- Identity: The Podcast Think Good, Be Good Feat. Jew Crazy
- Identity: The Podcast On Religion Feat. Tommer & Yossi from Jew Crazy
- Simply the Best Digital Welcomes Ralph Garofano PGA Golfer as the Newest Addition to their Clientele
- Verneda Adele Selected for "Best of The Daily Beast" for "I Experienced Systemic Racism at One of America's Most Prestigious Magazines"
- SEO Agency of the Year revealed by Industry Experts
Lawyers Using Media to Spread Allegations Should Provide Some Backup
WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 21, 2020) - Tucker Carlson has come under severe criticism for asking attorney Sidney Powell for some evidence supporting her widely publicized claim that rigged voting software switched millions of votes from Trump to Biden.
Some critics of Carlson have argued that lawyers don't and should not hand over evidence to the media, and/or that the evidence should be revealed in court, and not in the media.
But public interest law professor, who is a well-known and very successful lawyer, says that's incorrect.
Attorneys who want to try their cases in court, and not present evidence outside that venue - the way many lawyers choose to proceed - are under no public duty or other obligation to disclose their evidence except though proper legal channels (e.g., in court or in court documents).
More on eTradeWire News
- PAI's Rare Posters Auction Nov. 15 totals $1.3 million; rarities and unique works spark avid bidding
- Valerie's House Elects Five New Board Members
- IFL Player, Joshua Hughes, Continues to be Thankful Through This Pandemic
- CIMdata Releases eBook: "Driving the Change for the Future of Automotive Development"
- West Texas Warbirds Player LaShaun Sanders Has Much to be Thankful For
But lawyers who voluntarily choose to publicize their claims in the media, and otherwise inform the public of them, should be prepared to make some kind of showing outside court if they want to be taken seriously, says Banzhaf.
Although I frequently disagree with Tucker on many legal and other issues, on this one he is correct, especially since he went out of the way to severely limit his criticism of Powell.
While we like to think that lawyers would not lie or make frivolous claims, they cannot always be believed, especially when speaking on behalf of a controversial client, so they must be prepared to present some evidence if they want any credence, argues Banzhaf.
Here there appears to be no legal logic or justification for attorney Powell not providing evidence of her claims which could affect the presidency, and where time is very much of the essence since the Electoral College will meet shortly.
In short, it is entirely proper for Carlson - who can hardly be credibly accused of being an opponent of the President - to request some evidence of Powell's claims, Banzhaf concludes.
- DePaul, Niagara, St. John's Expand Esports Engagement With First-Ever Vincentian ESports Cup
- Customer Resources - Used Mazda3 Inventory
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Ends Soon Advises Medicare Supplement Director
- netElastic Featured as One of 5 Top NFV Solutions
- Free Gift Concierge Service For Unique Gifts By Gifter World
- Grey 2015 Honda Accord Sedan For Sale in Toronto
- A mouth spray used in dentistry for over a decade, Proven effective against CoVid-19
- Paul Bruno's The Original Jeeps⸺The Race To Build America's First Jeeps Now In Kindle Format
- SimplyCast Aids Businesses with COVID-19 Contact Tracing with Contactless Check-in Solution
- Digital Defense, Inc. Discloses cPanel® & WHM® Vulnerability
- Electri-Flex Teams with Community for 1,000 Thanksgiving Meal Donations
- Century 22 Solutions Announces New Board of Advisors Member
- Dominique Jackson, Star of "Pose" on FX, Lends Her Celebrity to Support United We Rise
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Aliso Viejo Community Association Completes Extensive Improvements and Upgrades to Community Parks
- A Key Ingredient for Homeschooling Success
- Immaris – A New Frontier in the Fight Against Cold Water Disease
- Private Placement Markets "EquityLock Residential Value Protection Plans" will be available in
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Debut of the triumphant styles for all women wanting to win in their daily lives