Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5446
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 167
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 144
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 142
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 112
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
- Tim Sumer is Selected as New CEO of the Worldwide Agency
Similar on eTradeWire
- Breach Force: Leveraging Speed & Connectivity for Defense + Digital Guardrails for Safe Travel
- Silicon Valley AI Company Collaborates with Italian Universities and Academics
- NCSC, NBIB, Industry Insiders Interpret the Latest Policies & Impart Best Practices & Strategic Insights at ACI's 2nd National Summit on Classified
- Formula Cloud: Plug-In Satellites, "Smart" Traffic Solutions, Wind-Powered Datacenters + more
- AFCEA Recognizes Adam Rison with 40 Under 40 Award
- Point Source Audio Demos Dual Element Microphones for AV Pros at InfoComm 2019
- Dash Solutions Achieves AWS Healthcare Competency Status
- UrsaLeo Welcomes Tim Joyce as Head of Engineering and Opens UK Office
- dbForge DevOps Automation for SQL Server – A New Approach to Database Development
- Tech at the Edge: CIP-Powered Chatbots, The Market for AI Edge Software + Can We Safeguard IoT?
"The right foundations in any digital journey are a critical factor in the success of transformation initiatives" says Continuity Central dot com. "So building data protection within a robustly resilient IT infrastructure will be of paramount importance for businesses."
Over and above, IT resilience is critical for businesses to succeed day-to-day, but also to ensure complete transformation, modernization and cohesion.
Given that mission critical importance, we should be clear of the basic cloud storage options. Today we will look at the tools industry leader Amazon Web Services offers. Storage in the cloud hits a range of pricing points depending on your compute, storage, database, analytics, application and deployment requirements.
Prices are also subject to the type of hosting option you choose. Although not always the case, AWS is presumed to be the least expensive option available and remains the leader in the cloud computing market. But Microsoft Azure and Google are not far behind, and in recent years they have commanded innovation and market pricing reductions, thus closing gaps to bring them closer to AWS.
That been said, being the first in the market has given AWS a great advantage over the competition. They command a large scale of businesses and are able to offer lower prices than the competition. They are known for attracting businesses to cloud, and in turn, they invest their money back into the cloud by adding more servers to their data centers. Google is closing the gap on AWS as they were the first to cut prices in their pricing model to match AWS.
More on eTradeWire News
- NAAFA to Feature DJ Kelly J at 50th Anniversary Conference Fashion Show
- RadixEdge LLC now offering CISSP OneTouch Prep App
- Katie Receives Certified Military Residential Specialist Certification
- Flights To Dubai - An Overview Rumored Buzz On cheap flights
- Silva Construction Offers Soft Story Retrofit Services
Check out Today's Cloud Blast on YouTube (https://youtu.be/OkmzhyBWbHY)
Modern technology's influence over all aspects of business operations has thrust cloud computing into the spotlight. Cloud's goal (note that I said "goal" not "guarantee") is to optimize the productivity and scalability of a firm's resources.
Cloud storage is a critical component of cloud computing, holding the information used by applications. Big data analytics, data warehouses, Internet of Things, databases, and backup and archive applications all rely on some form of data storage architecture. Cloud storage is typically more reliable, scalable, and secure than traditional on-premises storage systems.
Within that universe, cloud storage is a foundational tool for enterprises of all sizes. AWS offers a complete range of cloud storage services to support both application and archival compliance requirements. Here's a quick blitz thru 6 of Amazon's main storage options:
1.) Simple Storage Service (or S3) is an object storage service that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
2.) Elastic Block Store (or EBS) provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS Cloud.
3.) Elastic File System (or EFS) provides a simple, scalable, elastic file system for Linux-based workloads for use with AWS Cloud services and on-premises resources.
4.) FSx for Lustre is a fully managed file system that is optimized for compute-intensive workloads, such as high performance computing, machine learning, and media data processing workflows.
5.) FSx for Windows File Server provides a fully managed native Microsoft Windows file system so you can easily move your Windows-based applications that require file storage to AWS.
6.) S3 Glacier is a secure, durable, and extremely low-cost storage service for data archiving and long-term backup.
More on eTradeWire News
- Phen375 Deemed a Highly Effective Fat Loss Formulation
- Shamans are Gathering by the River in Colorado
- Dio Candle Company, to honor Colorado First Responder Widows with "Hero" candle
- French artist Reead is preparing a new song
- A New Paddle Craft Officially Enters Market
Since the advent of the internet, the technology industry has been steadily moving away from local storage to remote, server-based storage and processing a.k.a. cloud.
It seems instinctive to ask: "Why is there extreme ballyhoo for storage options in the cloud?" In fact, you could store a blob of data almost anywhere, right? How is cloud different or unique?
If we could pick one word, it might be "elasticity". That is the process by which a cloud provider will provision resources to an enterprise based on its needs.
Cloud providers have systems in place to automatically deliver or remove storage in order to provide just the right amount for each project. In other words, you get just the right amount of space needed to store your data without wasting money.
Before cloud computing technology became available, businesses had to manage their IT resources on-site, with local servers, networking equipment, software and people, in a manner that was very capital- and time-intensive without a high degree of scalability.
Today, businesses can securely store info off-premise by using public cloud storage from the likes of AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google who manage hundreds of data storage centers. To make a long story short, you can also leverage the location of these data centers to get your storage geographically close to where you need it, also called edge computing.
"The continued decline of computing costs and improvements in network infrastructure have also given rise to edge computing, which still distributes IT services but pushes them closer to the end-user, on an edge-device, to minimize latency and reduce costs" says Seeking Alpha dot com. "Cloud computing has been successful in offering companies cost-effective, scalable solutions to the various needs of the IT estate, and thereby the overall business."
Every organization and IT Team is in their own competitive race to deliver to their customer, suppliers or shareholders. Choosing the proper cloud storage service or the right mix of purpose-build options can mean the difference between a successful implementation or one that breaks the bank.
Formula C is produced by RestonLogic, cloud wizards leveraging over 10 years experience helping companies automate, transform and build highly-secure and stable systems.
- Toll Brothers starts VIP list for its new community to be built at the Aurora Reservoir
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
- A Children's Book Where The Baby Farts Bubbles!
- New Release: Foundations of the Faith - Paperback edition
- Micro preemies give back to the NICU where life started as they approach graduation this weekend
- Jales De Mello, CEO of Aleph Group Inc. has been awarded the prestigious Presidential "E" Award
- Rotary Club of Flagler Beach Seeking….Surfers
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Las Vegas Division Expansion with North Vegas Soccer Demilio
- U/Z Adds to Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups with New Additions
- Stevens Construction completes Associates in Digestive Health
- Ceiling Outfitters to Exhibit at GlobalShop 2019
- Ephemeral Launches In Durham, NC
- New Fairview Heights Rec Center Showcases G&S Acoustical Panels
- AFEA Expands by Adding Chapter in Stafford, TX
- Wire Straightening: Back to Basics
- Summit Ed. Group, Austin Prep School to Speak at New England Assoc. for College Admission Counseling
- Ellis Insurance Agency Starts "Helping Hands For Jace"
- Brooklyn's Makes My Blood Dance Releases "Beaming Right Up" Music Video
- Beautifully updated home for sale in Hamilton Township Ohio
- Chris Evans, Josh Brolin, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Lee Pace & Taron Egerton Headline