Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 142
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 123
- "The Central Authority" Movie Wraps Principal Photography
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- Tony Gee, 3-Time Spin Awards host returns
- Special 1:1 NLP Master Practitioner Training now available worldwide - 3 'No charge' Skype Discovery Sessions
- 2020 Graduates look to Celebrate Online in Virtual Graduation Celebration site
- Bonnie Wright, Pamela Adlon & Scott Z. Burns to Highlight Hollywood Digital Climate Summit produced by Young Entertainment Activists & NYU Los Angeles
- COVID-19 Overwhelming Africa With Few Ventilators, But
- Private Placement Markets Introduces "equity Lock Residential"
Similar on eTradeWire
- Justice Tax, LLC Partners with Debt.com to Bring Taxpayers Free COVID-19 Tax Advice
- Attorneys J. Jeffrey Rice, John B. Cechman and Richard L. Purtz named 2020 Florida 'Super Lawyers'
- Expert on 'smart collaboration' advises lawyers how to add the most strategic value during crisis
- Association of Corporate Counsel of St. Louis Chapter Donates $2,500 to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- Attorney Rudolph Wm. Sohl Joins Murray Guari Trial Attorneys PL
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Attorney Dan Geherin Gives Advice Among Unrest
- Stange Law Firm, PC Hires Family Law Attorney Lee Hendershott in Clayton, MO
- Important Law Change for Essential Workers with Covid-19
- Find Evidence Launches Web App To Detect Employee Data Theft While Respecting Privacy
Behrens, with a 27-year teaching career including principal at SMHS from 2011 until 2018, was summarily demoted soon after an online threat incident involving SMHS students. Behrens' lawsuit alleges that school district Superintendent Cary Matsuoka used Behrens as a scapegoat for the district's mishandling of the incident and then spread false and misleading information about Behrens to the board and to the public.
More on eTradeWire News
- "There Are Plenty More Fish in the Sea" Is Very Misleading, Says National Seafood Seasonings Brand
- Three Colombian PODWAY Podcasts from & One U.S. Podcast Joins The U.S. A. Based Latin Podcast Awards
- June Art Calendar & Artists' Mingle @ Barebrush.com
- Prosper Playhouse Partners with UVClear
- Some Are Lovin' Summer Rubbin'!
"In deposition, Matsuoka admitted that strategic public statements he made about Ed were false," says Leila Noël, partner in the law firm Cappello & Noël, which is representing Behrens. "He also carefully controlled the information to the board and Ed about Ed's performance to lead the board to the predetermined result he wanted: Ed's removal from SMHS. We are pursuing this case to ensure justice is done."
Behrens was reassigned as a junior high school teacher. It came with a salary cut of over $50,000 per year. The school board approved the demotion during a March 13, 2018 school board meeting despite 300 community members coming out to support Behrens.
The complaint contends that by demoting Behrens, the district violated his rights under the Education Code and District regulations. In addition to being reinstated to his principal position, Behrens is seeking back pay as a result of the demotion and punitive damages.
Matsuoka recently announced that he would not seek to extend his contract with the district, which is scheduled to expire on June 30, 2021.
- Ronni Brown, DDS, MPH Announces the Release of A State of Decay - Your Dental Guide to Understanding
- Star Quality Private Investigations is Canadas Preferred Private Investigation & Surveillance Agency
- DojoApp enables schools to schedule classes!
- Stand Shoulder to Shoulder with Council Member Jawane Hilton of Carson Ca and local law enforcement
- 24e Design Company and F3EA Donate 28 Sets of Bunk Beds to Tybee Island's Fresh Air Home
- do it outdoors launches the first OOH/digital media click-through rate guarantee
- Statement of Support for our Black Community
- IT workforce development nonprofit will locate office in historic Arlington, Virginia neighborhood
- Neighborhood Sun and Soltage Team Up for First Community Solar Project in New Jersey
- SmartFinancial Wins Best Workplaces in Ohio
- Wizard Entertainment Takes The Lead In Streamed Interactive Programming With Virtual Experiences
- National Transportation Inc launches new web sites
- Used Vehicle Auction Prices Exceed Pre-Virus Expectations; Relationship Between Used Retail and Wholesale Prices Back to Normal
- HandyQuip.com improves online rentals of home medical equipment after COVID-19
- Andromeda Founder & CTO Martine Dowden to Speak at NDC Oslo
- Katlina Kliewer Social-Media Ban Thrusts KatIsBack.com Into Positive Momentum
- "Do No Harm" Documentary about Physician Suicide Epidemic Now Available on Vimeo on Demand
- Junior Achievement of the High Plains awarded $7,500 grant from Xcel Energy
- Dr. Dallas Stout Appointed to Faculty Council
- Tips for Creating a Custom Playroom in Your Home