Popular on eTradeWire
- Nike Releases "uprising" A Haitian Revolution Inspired Limited Edition Sneaker 441
- NeoMagic (R) Corporation eCommerce Division MercadoMagico.com Welcomes Prime 6
- Beacon People Solutions Releases HIDDEN TALENTS by Maryanne DiMarzo and Amy Acker
- Dr. Deborah Tannen to Keynote "Empowered Women, Empower Men & Women" on Dec. 5 in San Francisco
- WomanUP! Empowers the Next Generation of Real Estate Leaders
- Prince Crowe Signs With Tcb Records
- Anchorage Entrepreneur, Molly Bz, Selected as Forbes Top 150 Startups 2019, launches cookie business with worldwide distributor, Sysco Distributing
- Ty Cohen Net Worth and Review of Kindle Cash Flow - I am NOT an affiliate
- Tony Goldwyn, Maria Shriver, and more Named Honorees for 2019 Television Industry Advocacy Awards
- Diversity News Magazine Founded by Steven Escobar Has A New Home
Similar on eTradeWire
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- "International Political & Environmental Folly – Edition 7" by Daniel Tissington is published
- Histria Books Announces the Release of Lafayette: Courtier to Crown Fugitive, 1757-1777
- A Brilliant Demise: The Strange World of the Dansers—VIEW FINDER by Greg Jolley
- Rickards: Impeachment Will Boomerang on Democrats
- New Book Release! David Hawk's The Christmas Roast
- New Book Release- Frederic & Cassandra Book One The Sinister House
- John Saenger's "Viral Dreams" is a Heart-racing Science-Fiction Adventure
- New Book, Wings Not Strings, Empowers Parents To Let Go With Confidence
- Theresa Piasta Launches New Book for Pet Lovers
A Medic's Mind is a memoir by Matthew Heneghan that is released today, October 15, 2019. This first-person account chronicles Heneghan's life: from England to Canada, from boy to soldier, from soldier to paramedic and from mentally injured to seeing the possibility of purpose.
While serving in the Canadian Armed Forces, Heneghan was a pallbearer for the first Canadian medic to be killed in combat since the Korean War—Corporal Andrew Eykelenboom. After Heneghan's sorrowful and honourable duties, he and his team were addressed by General Rick Hillier.
More on eTradeWire News
- PearlFection Dentistry invests in state of the art Cone Beam CT scanner (3D imaging), Panoramic X-ray System, and Cephalometric X-ray system
- ADELPHI ORCHESTRA's Sixteen Annual Young Artist Competition
- The Listing released worldwide by SGL Entertainment
- Church of God In Christ Makes Dramatic & Historic Appointment - First Bishop of Israel
- Bob Holz to Release New Album with Rolling Stones Bassist Darryl Jones
Although never deployed with Eykelenboom or his other fallen comrades, Heneghan did suffer from the sinister symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and alcoholism. Great loss, sanctuary trauma, and survivor's guilt incubated his illness. After being honourably discharged, Heneghan entered the world of civilian paramedicine. This only served to layer on new and varied trauma onto his already injured psyche.
Heneghan masterfully tells his story of a tumultuous childhood, workplace trauma, loss of loved ones by suicide, suicide ideation and addiction. However, he was inspired to go even deeper into this incredibly personal story after Theo Fleury took notice of his blog through a Twitter post. Heneghan remarks, "I have always looked up to Theo. Not only was he a great hockey player, but I admire his courage for telling his story. He has inspired me to tell my own."
More on eTradeWire News
- Competitive Financial Solutions for Business Development
- 1031 Exchange Investors Embrace Monetized Residential Real Estate
- Uber VS Lyft Which Is Better for Drivers?
- Open Studios Day on Saturday, December 7th 2019 Angels Gate Cultural Center
- What does it mean to be a first-time homebuyer?
EMS Magazine posts, "Heneghan is a master of description, a sort of Picasso with words. He paints a picture that includes all the senses, allowing readers to experience life as if they were him." The Prairies Book Review states, "Heneghan writes with a disarming honestly . . . "
A Medic's Mind is being released in Canada on October 15, 2019 and will be available through Amazon, Indigo/Chapters/Coles and most independent bookstores. Heneghan's book launch will be at Chapters Vega in Mississauga, Ontario, on October 19.
To learn more about Matthew, please visit his site A Medic's Mind.
A Medic's Mind
by Matthew Heneghan
Heather Down, Wintertickle Press
- Conseal Carry Now: Functional & Convenient Concealed Carry Products
- Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains More Health Insurance Options May Be Coming to Nevada in 2020
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- inc.jet Holding, Inc. Announces Quarter End Financial Results
- York Solutions Honors Twin Cities IT Leaders at Third Annual Business of IT Awards Ceremony
- Panel Built Machine Enclosures Keep Facilities Safe
- York Solutions Honors Chicago IT Leaders at Second Annual Business of IT Awards Ceremony
- WestWin Farms Newest Aquisition for Owner Bryan Hawk
- Get bonus cards with City Barbeque gift card purchase this holiday season
- Third Coast Bakery Wins National Award From PETA
- Art Exhibition by JASA Opens November 22 At The Grand Bay Plaza Main Lobby, Coconut Grove
- Tarps Now® Expands Mesh Tarps Providing Wide Range of Exposure Levels and Applications
- No Power, No Access Doesn't Have to Mean No Business
- Q3 2019 | Austin Industrial | Research & Forecast Report
- Fishing and Accessories: High-Quality Fishing Gear for Success
- Trypsin Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Salient Process Announces Acquisition of Dosvak LLC's Interests
- PAPA to Participate in 2021 Global Excavation Safety Conference
- Connected Real Estate Summit Launched in Partnership with the #TechSuperShow 2020 in Florida
- Rising Films' Dark-Comedy "Aim High" Receives Award; Momentum Building For Next Feature Length Film