Popular on eTradeWire
- Award winner actor speaks about living with type 1 diabetes for almost 60 years - 337
- The Lashe® Customer Appreciation Month - 279
- 2nd Annual Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered By AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers This Thanksgiving Season - 197
- Aries Industries Celebrates Three Years of Successes Following Culture & Leadership Changeover - 192
- WFEAGL has released a ton of new Samsung bands for Christmas - 179
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 177
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 176
- Meet Texan Author Patty Scott at Book Signing - 155
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 149
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 147
Similar on eTradeWire
- Shirley Chisholm's Legacy and Birthday Honored
- Crypto Artist Pierre Gervois represented by Fort Gallery NFT at Art Basel Miami Beach
- Therapy Dog Creates NFTs For Holiday Gifts To Support Charity
- Historic Chieftaincy Conferment as Atobaase of Yorubaland is Celebrated and Recognized by US Representative Sheila Jackson Lee and the City of Houston
- In The Spirit Entertainment Announces Love And Sip 3 Holiday Event In Dallas Texas
- Funny Man LP Hopes Audiences Will Gobble-Up Hilarious Audio Track "American Thanksgiving In England"
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups
- Flexible Plan Investments named one of Michigan's top workplaces of 2021
- Destinations Inc. of Sheridan Wyoming Launches Vacation Sweepstakes - Enter and Win a Great Getaway to Orlando Florida
- Morven Museum & Garden hosts 2021 Festival of Trees
Households around each borough will feature on the Trick or Eat Trail map – they'll leave collection boxes outside – gathering tins of food and longlife milk for people experiencing hardship. Last year's Trick or Eat collected four lorries full of food (five tonnes) for Hackney Foodbank and it's hoped the event will catch on in other neighbourhoods.
Organiser Jenna Fansa of the Local Buyers Club added: "I love Halloween and our kids love getting dressed up but we wanted to do something to shift the focus so that, as well as having fun trick or treating, we teach our children to help people experiencing hardship.
"Sending children out to ask for sweets when so many people can't afford basic staple foods has always made me feel a bit uneasy, so this event aims to turn Halloween on its head. Food banks are having a horrific time – stocks are low and demand is rising so we hope we can once again come together as a community to help bolster supplies.
More on eTradeWire News
- North Hills Resident Earns Third Place for Best Speaking and Leadership Coach in Global Contest
- Ideal Flexibility Upgrades to a New Location
- Los Angeles Based Author and Speaker Earns Award on Celebrity Author Stage
- Biden Planning to Quarantine US Citizens Returning From Abroad
- Dicture NFT Launch in Miami During Art Basel!
Food collected via Trick or Eat will go to Hackney Food Bank and PL84U AL-SUFFA food bank in Walthamstow. With food and fuel prices rising, furlough coming to an end, evictions happening again and Universal Credit being reduced, food bank workers say things are looking bleak.
Tanya Whitfield, Operations and General Manager of Hackney Food Bank, said: "We are feeding around 1,000 people a week. Last year when we saw just how much food had been donated through Trick or Eat it made me cry – the Local Buyers Club team works so hard to make it happen. It was just amazing and we're delighted it's happening again this year.
"As the evenings start to get colder and darker a lot of parents are struggling – it's a choice between giving the kids a bath, putting the heating on or giving them food and that's not ok.
"No-one should have to queue for food – everyone should be able to go and choose what to eat and drink. We are feeding as many people now as we were a year ago and it's looking bleak."
Find out more about Trick or Eat or follow the Trail at www.trickoreat.co.uk
Local Buyers Club
- Texas Photographer Aaric Eisenstein Releases New Book: The Avian Rebbe Takes Flight, Jewish Wisdom Through the Beauty of Birds
- Back the Blue: 'Thin Blue Line' Appeals to Police & Supporters
- eCommerce Payment Processing Solutions
- Ponos Industries Announces Expiration of its Offer for up to 1,000,000 American Depositary Shares of Alibaba Without Satisfaction of Tender Conditions
- Up To Par Management Announces New Head Golf Professional At Sparrows Point Country Club
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Guides Students And Workers Shifting To Hybrid Work
- GrandPad releases tips for picking the perfect tech gift for seniors
- InterconnectDATA, the Business Information and Data for Market Research
- Empower For Your In-House Development Team To Achieve Accessibility For Your Website
- Shoeless Joe's to offer Christmas Day dinner special
- Brand New Magazine Caters To Growing Number Of Rvers On The Road
- Robotic Programming Made Easy with Yaskawa's Smart Pattern Extension
- The Spa at Shangri-La Springs reopens
- Unicorn Children's Foundation Announces 2022 Gala Starring Josh Blue
- Global Market Overview of team extension services
- Armour Law Group Opens New Office in Titusville, FL
- Gulf Coast Village welcomes Xavier Duclos as executive chef
- The Big Savannah Toy Drive to Collect Holiday Gifts for Coastal Children's Advocacy Center
- Classic Theatre of Maryland presents the Christmas Cabaret!
- Mizner Country Club's Play For P.I.N.K. Committee Raises $30,000