Popular on eTradeWire
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 229
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 226
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 211
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 193
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups - 192
- Author Pierre G. Porter Hosts Book Signing/Reading of His Romance Novel, "49 So Fine" in Philly - 162
- Are Rental and Sales Prices Contracting Or Will Demand Keep Prices Skyrocketing? - 134
- Teen Sensations Glam Squad Releases "Drippin'" feat. King Harris - 128
- The UK Clothing Brand That Is Growing Out Of Of Lock Down - 123
- Washing Machine Hoses: Water damage restoration may Happen - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- Christmas Musical tribute for 'La Virgen de Guadalupe' Dec.12th at RudysLA!
- Carlitos Avilas Christmas Party!
- "This Is The Life" New single by- Joanna Thorn out December 3rd 2021
- Agreement reached for ProPics Canada Media to Acquire Charter Bus Company in British Columbia
- Avengers, Captain America Star Anthony Mackie Soars Into Fan Expo New Orleans, January 9, 2022
- Russian National Ballet Cancels March 22 Performance;
- Madden Talent to Represent Thriving & Exemplary Entrepreneur Sana Kibz, Leading the Way in New Media
- Producer 9-0 Announces The Release Of His Greatest Collaboration Album Titled "Nine Oh and Them
- Clerks Director Kevin Smith, Star Jason Mewes Open For Business At FAN EXPO New Orleans, Jan. 7-9
- Nola Blue Records signs The Love Light Orchestra
The Saguenay location will operate as an extension of the Montréal facility, allowing the company to continue to take advantage of the strong growth in demand for visual effects in Québec. Sébastien Bergeron, co-founder and president of Folks VFX, aims to create 60 to 70 skilled jobs with this expansion, which will bring the total employees in the FuseFX family of brands to nearly 1,000 skilled artists and professionals worldwide.
"I was born and raised in Alma, Canada, and studied media art and technology at Cégep de Jonquière, so it's a dream to see Folks VFX open a studio in Saguenay," explained Bergeron. "This new location allows us to offer workers in our industry the opportunity to evolve in the universe of visual effects at our office while enjoying the great outdoors, the legendary beauty of the region, and its lifestyle."
The company's recruitment strategy aims to attract visual effects artists to the region and create new quality jobs in the visual effects sector, which does not currently exist in the region.
More on eTradeWire News
- Make an online Donation to Help Victims of the British Columbia Floods
- It is time for Respected Roots Twelve Days of Christmas Tour!
- The Team Integrity Knowledge Center Mentorship has successfully ended!
- 4 Top Ecommerce SEO KPIs to Track Your Way to Success
- A Unique Gift for the Person that Has Everything – A Soul Song Composed Just for Them
"The arrival of Folks VFX is a source of pride for the city and the region because it demonstrates once again that we have the potential and the assets necessary to succeed in a globally competitive sector. The signal is clear: Saguenay is a city of choice for all technology companies wishing to offer their employees an exceptional quality of life," said outgoing mayor Josée Néron, who is also the president of Promotion Saguenay.
Patrick Bérubé, general manager of Promotion Saguenay added, "The diversification of our economic activity is a constant goal. Therefore, it is a great pleasure to welcome a new industry, the rapidly growing sector of visual effects, to the region."
About Folks VFX:
Folks VFX was founded in 2012 by Sébastien Bergeron, Philippe Thibault, and Matt Belbin and is a full-service visual effects studio based in Montréal with additional locations in Toronto and Bogotá and employs approximately 300 full-time people. Folks VFX is part of the FuseFX group of studios, including FuseFX and Rising Sun Pictures, comprising ten locations worldwide. With a strong track record of delivering photo-real CG and Compositing for film and episodic content, Folks is recognized for consistently and professionally delivering the highest quality in VFX. Folks has provided work on such notable projects as The Umbrella Academy, See, The Mysterious Benedict Society, Shadowhunters, Arrival, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Zombieland: Double Tap, Beauty and the Beast, Motherland, Fargo, Mrs. America, Goon: Last of the Enforcers, Legion, and 12 Monkeys.
More on eTradeWire News
- Sylvia Runyon of RP Studios Spotlighted by Jacksonville Scene Magazine NC
- American Bottle Auctions will offer Part 1 of the Mel Hammer collection, online-only, December 10-19
- SleepLab Anti-Snore: 50% Off black friday deal
- "A Roach Called Wensum" by Tom Baird is published
- The Godfather of Fitness, Jack LaLanne's Legacy Continues in New Book
FuseFX was founded in 2006 in Los Angeles by David Altenau and co-founders Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter. Establishing itself as an award-winning studio, FuseFX provides full-service visual effects for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual productions, and VR. The Company has ten studio locations, including its flagship studio in Los Angeles and offices in New York, Atlanta, and Vancouver. In addition, the Company's studios in Montréal, Toronto, Bogotá, and Saguenay are serviced by Folks VFX, which joined the FuseFX group in 2020. Rising Sun Pictures, which joined in 2021, services the Adelaide, Australia studio. FuseFX is a portfolio company of EagleTree Capital.
About Promotion Saguenay:
Promotion Saguenay is the economic development society in Saguenay. This self-governing corporation with 55 employees is supported by a board of directors composed of men and women in business from various branches of economic activity. Promotion Saguenay began in September 2002, during the fusion of various companies in economic development from the former municipalities, which are now part of the extensive City of Saguenay.
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Patricia Lee Refo Awarded Medal of Honor From the World Jurist Association
- NAC Applauds Federal Bank Regulators for Updating & Clarifying BSA/AML Examination Manual Section on Banking of Independent ATM Companies
- Janover Ventures welcomes Kyle Okimoto to its Advisory Board
- 2024 President Candidate Alander Pulliam and his thoughts about Racism and Government
- SilkWeb Wins Bronze in 11th annual Best in Biz Awards
- Biden administration weak approach on the Iran Nuclear Agreement
- Fashion Icon Jahna Sebastian Slays London Fashion Week
- Tom Alexander's Long Awaited CINEMUSIQUE Album Releases Friday, December 10
- Special Gourmet Cooking Event!
- ReliaQuest Valued at More Than One Billion Dollars Following Growth Round Led By KKR
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cyril Grayson, My Cause My Cleats Campaign to Benefit Hope For The Warriors
- 2014 BMW 3 Series W/ Sunroof ON SALE in Toronto!
- Pepenella named President of the New Jersey Tourism Industry Association
- Holding Parents Liable For Shootings Not New, But Also Schools?
- Video Doorbell Installation in Toronto, Thornhill & GTA
- Motor Ninja Premium Car Rentals by Wash Ninja® Automotive Company Coming
- Colorado Cleantech Industries Association Award Celebration Winners
- Cartier Pasha minute repeater men's watch hits CA$64,900 in Miller & Miller's Watches & Jewels sale
- Donations needed for Guadalupe Center's Holiday Gift Shop
- Mask mandates far from harmless, point out campaigners