Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 187
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 179
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 163
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 153
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 153
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 124
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 124
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 105
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020 105
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- Keeper Goals Adds New Sales Team Member Sara Hans
- Hard bridge sleeves from MECA provide imprint flexibility
- World's Largest Disposable Glove Manufacturer Accused of Labor Rights Abuse
- Next Generation Fusing Technology Forges New Partnerships With Aftermarket Toner Remanufactures
- Food industry relies on material handling equipment fabrication
- PetStar has achieved IDCON World Class Certificate
- Printed tools and components available in a dash
- Congratulations to the latest companies earning MVP status
- StarWind is included in 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for its Hyperconverged Infrastructure solutions
- 2019 Automate Launch Pad Startup Competition Opens; Deadline 1/31
For example, technical back-up is crucial for food manufacturers as they will measure downtime due to an equipment breakdown in thousands of pounds per hour and potential lost stock – having support available quickly is essential, particularly for operations around the clock.
Of course, the big players will probably have their own engineers on site, which is why it's important that service plans strike the right balance and are tailored to a customer's specific production requirements, as Protek Managing Director, Eamonn Talbot, explained.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy reminds No RX required for PT in Illinois
- Rotary Club of Flagler Beach to Host Race of the Runway for Rotary Fundraiser Feb. 2nd
- UK Singer/Songwriter Rob Palladino Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Album "Spirit Trail"
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Tucson Moving and Storage Leader
- Maria Raquel Thomas Named Featured Slimer at Largest DC Slime Expo
- Federal Government Employees Without Pay Get Free Jumps At Sky Zone Joliet
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy announces their Fourth Anniversary
He said: "Food manufacturers tend to work around the clock – they could require a 24/7 call out service – while customers in product assembly such as woodworking doing regular day shifts may only need a service every 12 months. Sometimes issues can be resolved with telephone advice but knowing someone is ready to assist at all times provides reassurance."
Boasting a team of leading packaging specialists and hot melt equipment technicians with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, Protek provides 24-hour support nationwide for not only its own machinery but competitors' too, a flexibility that can nip problems in the bud.
Regular maintenance regimes, even just involving a clean and filter change, will keep hot glue melting systems running smoothly and eliminate 80% of problems that could interrupt production, even in factories where the charring process (dust and particles becoming burnt and gumming up the works) is a potential hazard.
Affecting certain manufacturing sectors, materials such as sawdust, flour and sugar particles get airborne and find a way into pumps, valves and nozzles, accelerating the charring process. Factors like these need to be taken into account when deciding what would be a reasonable service interval.
More on eTradeWire News
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Thryv as a Trustee Member
- Monsieur Job Mixes Electronic-Infused Latin Rhythms with "Melancholic Happy" ft. Clindistino
- Federal government shutdown postpones World Children's Festival on The National Mall
- Siebert Cisneros Shank Leaps to Second Nationally in Co-Managed Muni Bond Issues
- Life Changing Autism Treatment by Genesis Medical Center is Giving Hope to Parents
- Fiber Artists Thread Work With Technology, Politics, and Pop Culture
- Pervis Taylor III, M.A. Gets Us In Surthrival Mode
Mr Talbot commented: "Charring basically causes maintenance issues. We recommend cleaning and a filter change on a regular basis. It depends on a company's shift pattern, but it's usually every six months. By removing that contamination, downtime issues are greatly reduced."
Manufacturers do not want to pay more for servicing than it has to, but keeping equipment in good condition is vital to avoid unnecessary downtime. Protek stocks key spare parts and has in-house expertise on glue application systems at its Warrington facility as well as having engineers available to come out on site.
Protek was founded in 2004 on the back of supplying spares and services for all makes and models of gluing systems available in the UK. This is still the case even though the company has come a long way since then and has since teamed up with PREO to become the Italian manufacturer's sole UK distributor of adhesive equipment. For more information visit www.protek-adhesive-systems.co.uk.
- Learn to Trade Forex and Cryptocurrencies
- Montclair Art Museum Offers Free Admission To Federal Employees During Government Shutdown
- Tax Expert & Advisor Barry Fowler, EA Talks About How Partial Government Shutdown Affects Taxpayers
- Former opponents inside the UFC cage unite for an event aimed at empowering women
- Desert Storm veteran releases military-based time travel novel
- Kim Santino Brings Over 20 Years of Sales and Training Experience to Harbor Point at Centerville
- QIRT Experts Appear as Panelists for 2019 NAHC PDGM Roadshow
- New Single MAIDENS From Singer-Songwriter Stephen Winston Hits The Airwaves
- Announcing Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Support
- AllSight Named Second Generation Master Data Management Vendor by Forrester Research
- Hybrid Studios to Host Annual Artist Relations' Pre-NAMM Event for Third Consecutive Year
- IBT of Miami explores infrastructure construction in Costa Rica
- A&A Global Imports Data Security Breach Class Action Investigation
- Spring Mobile Acquired by Prime Communications
- Martin Williams Releases New Music Video for Simple Things Are Best
- Fuyao North America launching new processing center in Greenville County, South Carolina
- New Jersey Hospital Selects Mobile Solutions from GD & Sonim for Acute Care Team Communications
- New Sermon Podcast from the Rev. Jay Lawlor
- Southern Ocean Made Accredited Business Gets Grant Funding
- Genesis of Tulsa, First Dealership with the G70 in Oklahoma