Popular on eTradeWire
- Nike Releases "uprising" A Haitian Revolution Inspired Limited Edition Sneaker 418
- Anonymous Email Address-Uncovering Gems of Wisdom 237
- Zuckerbergs' Facebook Unfolding Second Act, Doc Olivia P. Friedman Weighs In
- NeoMagic (R) Corporation eCommerce Division MercadoMagico.com Welcomes Prime 6
- Kalos Therapeutics Stengthens Executive Team
- Mo Knows Launches as Platform for Pet Parents to Learn About Pet Nutrition
- Beacon People Solutions Releases HIDDEN TALENTS by Maryanne DiMarzo and Amy Acker
- Dr. Deborah Tannen to Keynote "Empowered Women, Empower Men & Women" on Dec. 5 in San Francisco
- RTCritical introduces a new blog on their website
- WomanUP! Empowers the Next Generation of Real Estate Leaders
Similar on eTradeWire
- Refereum Partners With DLive, enabling millions of more players to earn on-chain rewards from watching and streaming games
- 3 Player Blackjack Gaming System is a sure bet for fun
- Pixodust Games Announces The Release of Their Latest Mobile Game: Rocket Star Idle Tycoon
- Educational software company launches free math fact computer game
- Take Part This National Breast Cancer Awareness Month to Take Down the Ultimate Opponent
- Widget Satchel brings ferret mischief to the Nintendo Switch and PC later this year
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- FantasyEsports.gg and Razer Announce Global Partnership to Deliver Innovative and Rewarding Fantasy Esports Platform
- TKC Games Ltd. Celebrate the Launch of their Digital Game Development Project
- The WipFly Project - Kickstarter
"This kind of open-ended creativity had never been done before," said Gridopolis creator Dave Schultze. "We are especially proud about how our expandable system has been so enthusiastically received by reviewers, educators, and gamers."
Gridopolis was developed when Schultze noticed that most board games were flat and rigid in their gameplay. So he set out to develop a multiplayer 3D strategy game where players could not only move and jump in three dimensions, but could also dynamically modify their 3D playing space — even while in the middle of a game.
More on eTradeWire News
- Top aircraft interior architect Michael Reichenecker takes a lead role at mobility focused new Berlin- based venture MOVATION
- Eco-friendly Road Safety: Caris Company to introduce its durable and cost-efficient PVC guardrails on FOX Business
- An Atlantean World of Vampires, Shapeshifters, and Romance Awaits in CHANGED by Jean Booth
- UK's Leading Heatsink Supplier - GD Rectifiers
- Pave your career path with vocational education at Skills Australia Institute
"Gridopolis is the result of three years of design, development, and testing," Schultze said. "During this time, the game was thoroughly evaluated by many people, including the Toy Design students where I teach at OTIS College of Art and Design. We were able to see what worked ─ and didn't work ─ and then refined it even more."
Gridopolis incorporates rules from games you probably already know, such as checkers, chess and even tic-tac-toe. Gridopolis is for ages 8 and up, and even younger kids who can play chess or checkers. As a multiplayer game, Gridopolis is also great for families — children, parents, and grandparents can all play together. Among many glowing reviews, Gridopolis has been dubbed "... a modular 3D game that can be understood in seconds and studied for a lifetime."
The crowdfunding campaign follows a successful first-edition production run of 500 game boxes. "We wanted to be absolutely sure this was a great idea before launching it on Kickstarter," Schultze said. "After receiving dozens of rave reviews from avid gamers, families and STEM educators, we are enthusiastic and optimistic for a successful Kickstarter campaign."
More on eTradeWire News
- What is Air Italy Reservations Process
- GOWIN Semiconductor Releases the First FPGA with Integrated Bluetooth Radio
- San Francisco Filmmakers Honor Vietnam Fallen Heroes in Film @ Jacksonville Film Festival
- A Harmony Nail Spa Reveals One of Kind Healing Therapies
- Actress Nina Ameri returns for her 3rd season on Netflix's series "Atypical"
Gridopolis has won two gold awards in the International Design Awards (Board Game and Educational Game categories) and a Mom's Choice Gold Award for family-friendly products. Gridopolis also is a STEM.org Authorized Product. On July 9, Gridopolis won two silver awards in the European Product Design Awards (Construction Toy and Educational Toy categories).
Beyond being a fun and innovative game, Gridopolis is also a learning tool with every checkbox for STEM, plus the social component. This 'STEM without screens' approach highlights the importance of learning STEM in a screen-free and social environment. As a result, Gridopolis is a great fit in any classroom, homeschool or library setting. If you want to learn more about the educational benefits of Gridopolis, please check out our free lesson plan.
Early-bird discounts will be available throughout the 30-day crowdfunding campaign, which will be viewable on the Gridopolis website and social media accounts on the day of the campaign launch.
More info at https://www.gridopolis.games.
- Big Trees Inc. Helped a Seattle Company Transplant Large Trees
- New Partnership for Faster, More Productive Clinical Trials
- A Teenage Girl Discovers Faith in Unexpected Ways
- Wildeck, Inc. to Showcase Suite of Access Products at MODEX 2020
- Drug testing clinic introduces one-stop mobile testing, background checks delivered onsite
- Two Experienced Business Leaders Bring Home Helpers to Valley Stream Region
- Walmart Names Beaumont Products as Veteran-Owned Supplier of the Year
- Kelley Kronenberg Adds Attorney Greg Jordan in Orlando
- Eltropy Delivers Quick & Impactful Results for ICCU
- Tucker Company Worldwide Reaches 89.6% Digital, GPS-Based Visibility, Up From 16.4% Last Year
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Your Used Mazda3 Awaits You!!✨
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Back Aloft Miami Doral as a Platinum Member
- Anthology Woods Launches New Website to Showcase Reclaimed Wood Products
- Reach for the Stars ~ Rocket Competition National Winners Honored by AIAA, NAR and NSS
- Community Medical Clinic aims to reach more local students in School-Based Health C
- Dionne Warwick Announces Holiday Fundraiser For Educational Institute
- Fusion Technology Solutions Provides Aid and Support in Kincade Fire Recovery
- The Dealership With Quality Used 2016 Jetta Sales in Toronto
- Medical Legal Experts Welcomes Dr. Samir Sharma, MD, QME