Popular on eTradeWire
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 128
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- DMS Releases Q1 2019 Purchase Mortgage Consumer Profile Report
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
- Holocaust Denier Encouraged to Connect with Survivors
- Palm Beach Dramaworks Sounds of Summer Series to Present JILL & RICH In Concert
- Tecsew Has Passed Goldman Sachs 10KSB with Flying Colours!
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
Similar on eTradeWire
- Refereum announces launch of security program with HackerOne
- Karting Miami at Dezerland Park Opens; First Indoor, Air Conditioned, Electric Go Kart Track in South Florida
- Small Monsters Games unveils game expansions for SDCC 2019
- CryptoFish Launches Instant Cryptocurrency Exchange service with 140+ coins
- Gold Club 1 Multi Game by Trestle – Dual Screen is 5-in-1 fun
- Refereum announces partnership with Xangle
- KSports Lab announces the launch of its Blockchain game platform with a first football (soccer) game "KS Football"
- 100% Trustworthy Fortnite Save the World Items Seller
- Refereum announces partnership with Microsoft's Undead Labs
"This kind of open-ended creativity had never been done before," said Gridopolis creator Dave Schultze. "We are especially proud about how our expandable system has been so enthusiastically received by reviewers, educators, and gamers."
Gridopolis was developed when Schultze noticed that most board games were flat and rigid in their gameplay. So he set out to develop a multiplayer 3D strategy game where players could not only move and jump in three dimensions, but could also dynamically modify their 3D playing space — even while in the middle of a game.
More on eTradeWire News
- Plasmin Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- The Voice Actor Blog - for Voiceover Artists & Voice Talent
- "La Vida Baseball" Announces Partnerships With '47 Brand And Topps Amidst Continued Record Platform Growth
- A splendid use for used camping gear
- Community help needed for housing solution
"Gridopolis is the result of three years of design, development, and testing," Schultze said. "During this time, the game was thoroughly evaluated by many people, including the Toy Design students where I teach at OTIS College of Art and Design. We were able to see what worked ─ and didn't work ─ and then refined it even more."
Gridopolis incorporates rules from games you probably already know, such as checkers, chess and even tic-tac-toe. Gridopolis is for ages 8 and up, and even younger kids who can play chess or checkers. As a multiplayer game, Gridopolis is also great for families — children, parents, and grandparents can all play together. Among many glowing reviews, Gridopolis has been dubbed "... a modular 3D game that can be understood in seconds and studied for a lifetime."
The crowdfunding campaign follows a successful first-edition production run of 500 game boxes. "We wanted to be absolutely sure this was a great idea before launching it on Kickstarter," Schultze said. "After receiving dozens of rave reviews from avid gamers, families and STEM educators, we are enthusiastic and optimistic for a successful Kickstarter campaign."
More on eTradeWire News
- Senior Master of the Arts Bob White Seminar Supports Royal Family Kids Program
- Lennar Grand Opens Two New Communities at Fieldstone in Elk Grove on Saturday, July 27
- Cecily Releases New EP, "Awakening Pt. 1"
- Marktech Optoelectronics Awarded Veteran-Owned Small Business Certification
- Versasec Expands APAC Presence
Gridopolis has won two gold awards in the International Design Awards (Board Game and Educational Game categories) and a Mom's Choice Gold Award for family-friendly products. Gridopolis also is a STEM.org Authorized Product. On July 9, Gridopolis won two silver awards in the European Product Design Awards (Construction Toy and Educational Toy categories).
Beyond being a fun and innovative game, Gridopolis is also a learning tool with every checkbox for STEM, plus the social component. This 'STEM without screens' approach highlights the importance of learning STEM in a screen-free and social environment. As a result, Gridopolis is a great fit in any classroom, homeschool or library setting. If you want to learn more about the educational benefits of Gridopolis, please check out our free lesson plan.
Early-bird discounts will be available throughout the 30-day crowdfunding campaign, which will be viewable on the Gridopolis website and social media accounts on the day of the campaign launch.
More info at https://www.gridopolis.games.
- Valerie Stone Hawthorne Joins the Board of Community Council
- Fullerton Arboretum Prepares For August 17, Return Of Popular Brews & Blues With 14 Craft Brewers
- FDA Shuts Down a Seafood Producer Operations in Texas
- McCarthy Completes Piedmont Newton Emergency Room
- Aspire Institute Hosts New Workshop to Protect Residential GCs From The Inevitable Economic Downturn
- Philadelphia's Changing Real Estate Market North of Fishtown
- Momentum Autism Therapy Announces Multidisciplinary Services to Jackson, MI families
- New Blockchain Domains Investing Secrets Book Expands Bitcoin
- Startup Scoop: OpenAI Guns for "Socially Beneficial" Artificial General Intelligence
- New Product: Mini Survival Kits Fit In Your Pocket & Can Save Your Life
- The Self-Pour Taproom & Pizzeria Mountain Pizza & Taproom Opens Its Second Location in South Fork
- Beyond Fish: How Canadians are Adopting Vegan Alternatives in order to Protect our Oceans
- SocketLabs To Exhibit At Philadelphia Digital Summit
- Want Better Sleep? Science Proves A Bath 1-2 Hours Before Bed Will Improve Your Sleep
- Appeals Court Slams ACS and Reverses Judge Milsap of the Bronx
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes work on $3 million renovation project at YWCA of SE Mass
- Built Like a TANK! Aertight Systems, Inc. Releases a Revolutionary New WallMount, Rugged, Modular, Microsoft Windows Server That Replaces Rack and Tow
- The Evolve Brazilian Jiu Jitsu School Gives FREE Jiu Jitsu Classes in Fort Worth
- LOOKING INTO THE SUN by Todd Tavolazzi on Audible, Narrated by Mike Eberhardt
- Gangbangers and A Scorned Woman Seek Justice In "Hair Club Burning (An Inter-Racial Comedy)"