Popular on eTradeWire
- Vegan travel has changed forever! 212
- Local Travel Professional Becomes Cunard Voyage Expert by Earning Top Rank in Cunard Academy 188
- VIP Vacations receives the first induction into Chairman's Royal Club Diamond Elite 170
- My Shop Luggage: Premium Luggage, Travel Bags, & Accessories 162
- Rented.com and MyVR Announce Revenue Management Partnership 146
- Trondent Launches Another Travel Industry First: Pre-Trip Authorization with Artificial Intelligence 144
- Grand Canyon April 2020 UM GeoTour 142
- WildBlue Aircraft Sales announces the "Select" Aircraft Brokerage Program 141
- Expatfinancial.com Unveils its Revamped Website 133
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup' 130
Similar on eTradeWire
- Cultural Vistas Awarded Grant to Administer German Portion of Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
- St. Charles Community College named best 'Return on Investment' in Missouri among two-year colleges
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- FMCSA Clearinghouse guidelines cover reporting and querying
- Complete Inventory Tracking for the US Military
- Mildred Muhammad, Ex-Spouse of DC Sniper, To Be Honored In Proclamation Ceremony
- US Presidential Candidate Sheriff Chance Trahan Talks His Life–Changing Decision Of Becoming Vegan
- CFL Reaffirms Commitment to Help Improve California Infrastructure's Eco-footprint
- N'COBRA Will Participate in Bloody Sunday Jubilee
- Plano Police Association Endorses Incumbent Judge Ben Smith for 380th District Court
Achieving the operational level required for national accreditation is challenging and demands focus and attention. Boone County Sheriff Department's support and commitment to operating their facility within compliance requirements of the NIJO Missouri Legal Based Jail Guidelines has enhanced the facilities operation, increased professionalism and proactively served to protect against liability and other risk management issues.
Boone County Sheriff Dwayne Carey stated "I am extremely proud of what our detention branch has accomplished, as the accreditation process required the wiliness to recognize there is always room to be better. With that came a lot of additional work and ultimately the acceptance of new policies. The accreditation award is recognition of not only the work they did to reach this goal, but the work they do each and every day."
More on eTradeWire News
- Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center Announces Two Promotions
- Exciting New Book "DANCE WITH A TWO HEADED SNAKE" is FREE this Sunday, Feb 23rd on Amazon!
- Cannabis Consumers Report "Vaporizer Review Buyers Guide" 1/2 OFF this Sunday, Feb 23rd on Amazon Kindle
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful
- The Best Easter Kids Party NYC
While conducting the accreditation, NIJO inspectors found that the Boone County Sheriff's Department accreditation team initiated steps to bring their processes in the review at a higher level. Those steps included attaching proofs over and above the requirements in the pre-inspection process such as attaching training outlines and not just rosters. The training material was reviewed and found to be in compliance to the guidelines and clearly documented what the training covered.
"During the accreditation process, the Boone County Jail learned that we were doing a lot of things right, but we also learned that we could improve in some areas to decrease the liability to staff, the Sheriff's Department, and the taxpayers of Boone County. We now have very sound policies that are backed by standards derived from case laws pertaining to the operation of a jail." stated Keith Hoskins, Director of the Boone County Jail.
Historical statistics show counties that actively participate with the NIJO Legal-Based Jail Guidelines accompanied with the inspection or accreditation program account for 28% - 33% of jail liability losses, compared to the national average of 71%, a significant decrease and savings for those participating counties.
More on eTradeWire News
- Packaging Bee has Introduced Robust Product Boxes
- Capo Diablo Released Two Single Snippets on One Music Video
- Rap Artist Jung Coasta is on the rise
- World-First Smart 'ChillOUT Hubs' Designed and Built in Australia
- iPOP Alumni Jacob Batalon and Addison Riecke Feature gets U.S. Release Date
"To stay ahead of the curve, we need to know and comply with current laws governing our jails, proactively finding and resolving potential problems instead of reacting to incidents and litigation as they are filed" stated Tate McCotter, NIJO Executive Director. "Accreditation benefits the jail staff, the inmates and the entire public. For most counties, the jail is the largest liability in county government and the process itself becomes a significant risk management and liability defense."
McCotter explained the recognition reflects far more than a plaque on the wall for Boone County Jail. "It represents a lot of sustained effort, dedication and consistency by their administration and staff to run a constitutionally safe facility. Boone County should be very proud."
National Institute for Jail Operations
- Zarza33 Podcast Nominated to the Latin Podcast Awards
- PatientCare Acquires MedFleet Ambulance, Expanding its Presence in Western and Central Florida
- Refreshing Lemon-Powered Beverage Lemon Perfect Expands Retail Distribution at Whole Foods Market
- The Toyota Way takes center stage at upcoming Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association event
- Ground Broken At LINDAL's $25m Facility In Brazil
- Advanced Analytics for Acumatica by DataSelf Announces Self-Service BI Solution
- ESI Alaska Is Leading Arctic Manufacturing Innovation From Fairbanks
- D.R. Horton, Express Homes for sale in Brightwater
- Now open: Minnesota Health Action Group Annual Employer Benefits Survey
- Grace Church in Fishers Celebrates the Launch of New Fishers Preschool
- Revolutionizing Gaming: Fight to Fame Signs Deal with E-Keia
- Woodall Creative Group Taps Jim Balke as Creative Director
- Cognira to Showcase its AI Enabled Grocery Solutions at the National Grocers Association Show
- St. Vincent and Sarah Fisher Center goes to the movies for annual "Celebrate the Center" event
- New Partnership Announcement, OrthAzone and BracketEars
- Morrison Medical Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- 2020 Oxnard Salsa Festival Accepting Applications for Community Stage
- Easy and Delish Releases a Gargantuan Online Roundup of 5-Ingredient Recipes
- Eliminate damage to Wedge Anchors during installation
- Transaction Announcement - Property Management Business