Popular on eTradeWire
- HAIT Releases "I Wish I Could Hate You" Official Video
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- Orchard Audio Introduces Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
- DivcoWest completes purchase of 325 Hudson Street
- App & Website Aggregating Over $154 Million In Nationwide Vaccine Incentives, From BME Nonprofit
- Black Wall Street Anniversary inspires Dewayne Bryant & Candra Bryant to Build 40 home subdivision
- Modular Wall Systems Offer a Fast and Flexible Solution for Interiors
- SOLMIMI Releases New Audio Adapter Headphone Splitter In 2021
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Show for May 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- New M/M Romance - A Young Man's Fancy from Boroughs Publishing Group
Similar on eTradeWire
- Scallop Software is now a GSA MULTIPLE SCHEDULE approved vendor. Congratulations from Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team
- Rwandan Courts Move to Sentence the Wrong Paul
- Ald. Pat Dowell Calls for Personal Dashboard for the Illinois Secretary of State's Office
- The Peoples Party of Canada Announces New Candidate
- Cold War Combatants Challenge Coins
- New Epson LabelWorks 2-inch Bulk Label Printers Now Available at DuraFast Label Company
- The Flagler County Clerk's Office Issues Notice
- WDTC provides access to drug testing centers nationwide
- San Mateo County Health partners with Insignia Health to reduce high-cost utilization
- EclecticIQ Joins Health-ISAC Navigator™ Program
The family is updating their filing with the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture after more information on the circumstances of Rusesabagina's captivity have come to light. Rusesabagina's international human rights lawyers Kate Gibson, Peter Choharis and Philippe Larochelle will provide insight on their filing and the ramifications of the torture Paul has endured.
Unfortunately, Rusesabagina has still been provided with no contact with his international legal team, and very limited contact with the two lawyers representing him in Rwanda. The conditions of his detention and solitary confinement for his first 260 days in captivity also add to the evidence of torture. Solitary confinement for more than 15 days is an explicit violation of the internationally accepted Nelson Mandela Rules, which are the internationally accepted standard minimum rules for the detainment of prisoners. According to that definition, this type of confinement in and of itself is torture.
More on eTradeWire News
- Can economic emancipation emerge from the political emancipation?
- Acorn Experts delve into the importance of employee satisfaction
- Minneapolis Criminal Lawyer Lynne Torgerson successfully avoids criminal sexual conduct charges
- STABLZ Tap to Adapt Technology Featured on FOX & Friends
- Sir Frost Says He's Now Fully Active!
The situation for Rusesabagina continues to deteriorate, with even harassment and threats against his lawyers increasing significantly in recent weeks. Even his Rwandan lawyers are now effectively blocked from representing their client.
In late August, the international human rights icon whose story of saving 1,268 people during the Rwandan Genocide was told in the film Hotel Rwanda, was kidnapped and flown against his will from Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Kigali, Rwanda.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: May 18, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Rusesabagina Family Press Conference
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The press conference can also be viewed on the #FreeRusesabagina Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FreePaulRusesabagina
More on eTradeWire News
- TVS Vintage Network TVS Classic Movies Network Add Jack Lemmon Collection on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Facebook Advertising Alternatives - Alternatives to Facebook for Small Business
- Claro anuncia nueva cobertura en poblaciones rurales del Ecuador
- My Unconditional Love For The Fatherless (My Brother & Me) On Father's Day
- Do the impossible. Forge it to I'm possible
Twitter: @freethehero (https://twitter.com/freethehero)
Facebook: @FreePaulRusesabagina (https://www.facebook.com/FreePaulRusesabagina)
Instagram: #FreeRusesabagina (https://www.instagram.com/freerusesabagina/?hl=en)
TikTok: #FreeRusesabagina (https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJyXmy5k/)
- The Tracy Piper's "Worthy" Book Signing & Release Party
- UNice Hair App Is On The Rise And Expected To Thrive
- Diversity Empowerment Virtual Workshop!
- Nelson Leasing Earns Prestigious Presidential Award
- Hazard Powder Explodes Once Again
- Catilicious: A New Online Store for Premium Cat Supplies for Your Pet
- Grumpy's Lighting: A New Online Store for Practical and Stylish Lighting
- Outdoor Cooking Products: A New Online Store Focusing on Outdoor Cooking Supplies
- Cooks' Needs: The Launch of a New Online Shop Focusing on Quality Kitchenware for Home Cooks
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
- Female artists Janet Scudder and Emily Mason headline Shannon's online fine art auction, June 24th
- How We Advertised Multiple Concerts at the Iceland vs. Mexico Soccer Match Using LED Digital Trucks
- Announcing the launch of Where's Indy in the Middle East, an AI-powered VR escape room
- New Music from Miss Kristin and Big Fuss Records Coming August 2021
- Summit Sotheby's International Realty Recognized in 2021 "The Thousand" and "America's Best"
- Black Complex Louisville hosts a Juneteenth Festival featuring over 30 Black owned businesses
- Mary's Center and Briya PCS Celebrate Three Awards from 2021 Top Workplaces
- The 8 Greatest Race Tracks in the World and Why They Are So Great
- "No Mas" - Latin Podcast Awards Shuts Down
- CJV Real Estate Has a New 5 Bedroom Listing in Denver, CO 80207