Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 545
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 452
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 253
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 224
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 204
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 172
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 138
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 137
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 136
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 125
Similar on eTradeWire
- Collagen and the Conscious Diet: A Collision Between Two Fast Growing Trends
- 'Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts' Announces Rebranding to 'Aesthetic Mentor'
- Millennials Have the Least Body Confidence in 2020
- Shower Mistakes You Need to Know
- Oxygen Facial ( Red Carpet Facial) in Richmond Hill
- Jurllyshe Announce The Latest Money-saving Strategies of Clothing and Human Hair
- The Best Way To Clean and Sanitize Your Makeup Brushes
- Maskne – face mask skin problem
- Miami's Best Hair Salon Now Open
- How to Make Your Liquid Lipstick Last and Stay Smudge-Free
"Inherent in my message has always been to respect and support each other. Now, more than ever, please let us extend that respect and support to the black community. We recognize that there's racial bias in our industry, and we're looking at our practices to ensure we continue to become more inclusive," says Villa.
"I've always made it a point to highlight incredible artists on my platforms and am honored to join Sam in celebrating these incredible stylists and moving the needle forward within the beauty industry," explains Shorter.
Goals of The Fabric of Change Event:
1. Change the perception that hair texture is directly linked to the race of the hairdresser - all hairdressers should embrace and be skilled in all hair textures.
More on eTradeWire News
- Pyramid Technology CEO and Owner Tony Mavusi nominated for EY's National Entrepreneur of the Year
- New Solutions With Professional Auto Repair Servicing Atlanta Georgia & Surrounding Counties & More!
- Push Money Entertainment Released the New Music Video, "RNS (Pack It Up) ft Jadakiss" by Capo Diablo
- PPGJLI Administrative Director Jacklyn Milton Honored as a Literary Leader
- PPGJLI Children's Book Takes Top Award in Minnesota Author Project Contest
2. Change the way education is provided to be more inclusive - black hairdressers and educators have been under-represented on stage and online.
Each artist will have a 30 minute segment live-streamed simultaneously on both Facebook: @SamVillaPros and YouTube: @SamVillaHair starting at 10:00EST until 7:00pmEST on Sunday, June 28th. ALL are welcome to hit the donation button benefitting the National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) to help support equality and end racism. Prizes from Pivot Point, Sam Villa, and others will also be awarded throughout the event!
Please join to listen, learn and promote lasting change within the industry.
The Sam Villa brand supports Campaign Zero, Color of Change and NBJC.
· Campaign Zero – Identifies solutions, provides research and data to organizers and policymakers, and advocates to end police violence nationwide.
· Color of Change – Designs campaigns powerful enough to end practices that unfairly hold black people back, as well as champion solutions.
· NBJC – Works to end racism, homophobia and LGBTQ/SGL bias and stigma.
More on eTradeWire News
- A new research paper explores the various philosophical arguments against slavery
- Silicon Review Nominates Brio Benefits to its 30 Fastest Growing Private Companies to Watch List
- HemogloBind™ Cited in Pesticide Toxicology Study of Post-Mortem Changes in Blood
- Stimulus Real Estate Identifies Income Avenues For Real Estate Agents
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' Michigan $1 Billion Lotto Winner Was Shopping for CHILI?! #NIKE'Spicy' NBA!
Sam Villa is co-founder of Sam Villa® (Allvus, LLC), the educational world of this 2020 International Hairdressing Awards International Hair Influencer of the Year, 2017 NAHA Lifetime Achievement Award Victor, Intercoiffure America/Canada Member, Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007), Favorite Overall Educator of the Year (2015) and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, can be experienced on samvilla.com (http://www.samvilla.com/pro). Stylists and salon owners have access to FREE digital education on hot tips and techniques, as well as insight into LIVE educational events and ergonomic cutting and styling tools (brushes, combs, thermal tools, shears and accessories). The company also designs professional tools for consumers so they can achieve salon-quality results at home with minimum effort. Aspire for MORE! Facebook: @SamVillaPros (http://www.facebook.com/samvillapros) ;YouTube: @SamVillaHair (http://www.youtube.com/samvillahair); Twitter: @SamVillaPro (http://www.twitter.com/samvillapro); Instagram: @SamVillaHair (http://www.instagram.com/samvillahair); Pinterest: @SamVillaHair (http://www.pinterest.com/samvillahair).
- CEDC Awards Students with Fernandez Leadership Fund Scholarships
- Children's Dysgraphia Book Free for National Handwriting Day
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida receives donation to expand solar power to its campus
- Applied Clinical Research Post Graduate Diploma
- Frank J. Gorshin, CLU, Brings Safe Money Radio To Myrtle Beach & Charleston
- Furin Inhibitor Screening Kit (Fluorometric)
- Detroit Based Startup MARUX™Accepted By Technology Accelerator Investment Platform
- Columbus Woman Beats COVID: Encourages Families To Touch
- Custom Aerospace Platforms from Panel Built Offer Long-Lasting, Convenient Maintenance Solutions
- Aldrick Williams the Photographer
- Air Fry Plus: Enjoy Convenience And Style With Premium Kitchen Supplies
- United Wholesale Mortgage Went Public Today
- Texas nut company brings healthy nut mixes, candies to the health conscious
- Shannon's online fine art auction, Jan. 28, features American and European art, drawings, sculptures
- Looking to Buy the Home of your Dreams in NJ? Real Estate Agent Eileen Campos Can Make it a Reality
- MahoganyBooks one of 12 bookstores nationwide tapped to participate in an evening with Cicely Tyson and Whoopi Goldberg
- Novo Precision is a Premier Spring Detangling Solution Provider in the US
- Fresno Furnished Apartment Leader Key Housing Announces Featured Apartment Community
- CARB One-Stop Truck Event Features DPFTRAC Exhibit - DPF Cleaning, DPF Tracking, Compliance Reports
- Bay River College Enters Into Partnership with the Punjab Higher Education Commission