Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 523
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 477
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 469
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 409
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 395
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 373
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 310
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 310
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 306
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 277
Similar on eTradeWire
- Pyruvate Carboxylase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Streptavidin Magnetic Beads (High Specificity)
- Carboxylated Magnetic Beads (5% solid)
- Histidine Decarboxylase Activity Assay Kit (F)
- Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase Inhibitor Screening Kit II (F)
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- Mouse Granzyme B (Recombinant)
- Human GRO alpha/CXCL1 (Recombinant)
- Cellulase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
New investors in ExpressCells include the MIT Alumni Angels of Northern California, the Orange County Chapter of Tech Coast Angels, and the Berkeley Angel Network. Existing investors who also invested in this round include the Rowan Innovation Venture Fund, the Central Texas Angel Network, Robin Hood Ventures, and Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania.
ExpressCells is using the $590,500 raised in this round to expand its operational infrastructure to support the increasing demand for its knock-in cell lines. The company also will increase promotion to the biological research community.
"This funding allows ExpressCells to meet the rapidly-growing demand from both industry and academic customers. We are thankful to the new investors who have joined our Series A," said Matt Handel, co-founder and CEO of ExpressCells. "We also appreciate the additional funding from our existing investors."
More on eTradeWire News
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE - October 29
- Human Resilience Organization Helping Youth Plant Their Dreams
- Prominent Orange County, N.Y. estates to cross the block at EstateOfMind's 2-session auction, May 15
- Remote Work From Home Without Upfront Fees
- High-Tech Health Company Celebrates One-Year Anniversary of Its CBD Product Line
Interest in this round of financing was driven, in part, by recent news events for ExpressCells. Pepperdine Graziadio Business School named ExpressCells to its 2020 Most Fundable Companies® List and ExpressCells was one of top three startups—and the top life sciences company—in the Pismo Venture's National Venture Plan Competition.
ExpressCells uses its proprietary genome editing technology, in combination with CRISPR/Cas9, to create advanced, knock-in cell lines to enhance drug discovery and other types of biological research. The speed of the process allows ExpressCells to insert one to three genes into the same cell line months faster than other technologies. The company currently has 17 customers and expects that number to grow.
ExpressCells sells both custom and catalog cell lines. For more information, visit xpresscells.com (http://www.xpresscells.com/).
- AUA College of Medicine, Carson-Newman University Pen Admissions Agreement
- QuillBot's new grammar checker uses cutting-edge AI to perfect your writing
- Local Delaware Valley Radio Station Introduces Nostalgic Weekend Programing
- South Shore Chamber awarded state pilot grant to support regional recovery efforts
- Disney Star Devan Leos Is Using Social Media to Support Charities
- Perfect Living Spaces Decor: Give Your Home A Brand New Look
- Two white girls, tender love is in the air
- Outdoor Apparatus: Enjoy Convenience And Style With Premium Backyard Decor
- Martine Dowden Speaking at Columbus JS
- Jeff Dietz Honored With Respected Invitation
- DCOTA Names Jennifer L. Moran as Vice President, Leasing
- SKB Releases 5 New R Series Sizes, STAC Cases Optimized for Palletized Shipping
- Jaguar Security and Investigations: One Company, Total Protection
- Who Should Own the Covid-19 Vaccine
- Rick Maraj Honored With Distinguished Invitation
- Is your bedding causing your allergies?
- Repeater Communications/InSite Wireless Group Alum Announce the Formation of RCG Tower Group, LLC
- ProStrategix Proud To Announce Being Chosen Again as a Top Web Design Agency by DesignRush
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Helps To Bolster Student Wellbeing
- Physicians' Primary Care of Southwest Florida Hires Internal Medicine Physician