Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
Similar on eTradeWire
- Research Article Cites HemoVoid™ in Biomarker Study for Parkinson's Disease
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Interview with Christiane Niederlaender, at AMBR Consulting, released ahead of SMi's RNA Therapeu
- NADH Oxidase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- OrgFrontier™ Peroxisome Isolation Kit
- ExpressCells appoints Dr. Sajad S. Bilgrami to Board of Directors
- HealthCodes DNA launches genetic testing products in 31 new stores
- Re-Stem Biotech Receives GMP Certification of its Upgraded Cleanrooms in Suzhou
- Homocysteine Lyase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- SciTech to Present at Biotech Showcase 2020 in San Francisco
Europe's leading Ophthalmic Drugs conference will explore new discoveries in the treatment of ocular rare disease, innovations in gene therapy, the challenges in drug delivery through a complex barrier, patient comfort and regulatory compliance which make up such core components within the Ophthalmic Drug sphere.
In the run up to the conference, SMi Group caught up with Mike Burr, Vice President of Product Development at iVeena, to discuss his upcoming presentation and his thoughts on the current challenges and opportunities in Ophthalmic Drug development.
A snapshot of Mike Burr's interview:
Q. The ophthalmic novel drug delivery market has matured greatly over recent years, what are the key significant developments you have noticed over the past year?
A. "For decades now there has been research in both academia and industry into longer term (beyond one day) sustained delivery technologies for direct ocular applications with minimal translation into commercial products. Regulatory approvals by the FDA in the last year in the post-cataract space for treatments intended to replace daily anti-inflammatory eye drops is very exciting. There is also a robust pipeline of sustained delivery glaucoma therapies which could provide chronic IOP lowering capabilities in the near term."
More on eTradeWire News
- Warning! This Book Can Alter Reality As You Know It As Well As Who And What You Think You Are
- Otcwagon Initiates Coverage On Ethema Health Corporation (GRST)
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate $25,000 Out of Their Own Paychecks to Local San Die
- Change Your Story in the New Year
- North Carolina "We Buy Houses Cash" Company Reveals 30 Ways to Find Heavily Discounted, Off-Market Properties, Even in a Strong Market Like Today's
Q. What do you personally see as the greatest challenge to overcome in ophthalmic drug delivery at the moment?
A. "Now that we are seeing the commercialisation of small molecule sustained release products, with hopefully more to come in the near term, the next frontier is in biologics. Large molecule stability for controlled release applications is a tough one."
The full speaker interview and more content including the latest brochure and past attendees can be found in the DOWNLOADS section on the website https://www.smi-online.co.uk/pharmaceuticals/uk/Opthalmic-Drugs
EXPERIMENTICA | ProMed Pharma
Sponsorship, exhibition and branding packages: Alia Malick +44 (0)20 7827 6168 /
Media enquiries contact Neill Howard +44 (0) 207 827 6164
- Books To Go Now is proud to announce the release of The Christmas Town Calls
- Holiday Release! Matt Poll's The Christmas Bird Diary
- celebrity movie actor Horse ' El Caballo ' Wren strikes while the acting iron is Hot in auditions!!!
- A Holiday Party That Gives Back
- VR Wedding in Jamaica at Couples Sans Souci
- FINAL HOMES Now Selling at Lennar's Starr Pass Vistas in Tucson!
- Art Exhibition: Lightness Becomes
- New Partnership ALTO & Beyond Barriers Athletic Foundation provide scholarships to underserved youth
- What is a State Based Health Insurance Exchange?
- The Swingaroos Step to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Shield Republic Charities launches new 'Christmas to Give' program
- Prefab Ticket Booths Are A Fast and Affordable Solution for Fairs, Schools, Stadiums, And More
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Quantum Composers Lasers in Micro/Mini LED Manufacturing
- Dallas-Fort Worth Clinic Uses Ketamine Infusion Therapy to Treat Depression and PTSD
- Harlem's Lyn-Genet's Kitchen presents an evening of art, jazz and wine
- Open: Working at Heights Training Courses
- Brandon Honda hires Elie Eid as Executive Manager
- Tiny Startup Takes on Facebook and Craigslist
- Dwight Threeperson Named Chair of Apprenticeship Committee for Newark CTE Network