Popular on eTradeWire News
- Aramsco Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition of Sun-Belt USA 717
- Beverly Hills PR Firm Signs 'Deeper Than Music Radio' Now Streaming on iHeartRadio 673
- Mobile game Maze: Shadow of Light Pre-registration begins on iOS and Android 334
- Crossover Film Festival is Live 225
- SOPHI Kickstarts Operations in Cebu 224
- Recording Artist Alisonus from Swansea UK signed Major Worldwide Global Distribution Deal! 206
- Reach Higher, Collegewise partner to make college counseling resources available to all students 203
- Compare Bear Announces New Free Resource to Help Customers Save Even More Money 196
- Area Leaders Impressed with Knovva Academy Students as they Visit Argentina for Y20 Activities 190
- LSUS Dean & Professor Violate Students' 1st Amendment Rights Nationwide 180
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Solar FlexRack Will Feature First Solar Series 6 Racking Solutions at Solar Power International
- America Green Solar has partnered with Clean Air NY
- Why Ammeris Blockchain Foundation goes PoW for main-net
- Berkshire East Plumbing & Heating Expands Commercial Side Of Business
- Ammeris Blockchain Foundation and Ammeris Group appoint Ian Gilmour as Head of Advisory
- California solar solutions provider, Sun Light & Power, becomes 100% employee owned
- PicoCell and PicoBlender product lines achieve UL 61800-5-1 certification
- NH Research to Showcase Advanced Testing Solutions at Automotive Testing Expo 2018 in Novi, MI
- Pacific Petroleum Announces its Participation in Capricorn's Gala Dinner and Trade Show
- No Fear, RenewSys' Dr. PV is here!
What is DCP 161?
Under DCP comes the introduction of excess capacity penalties for entities that exceed their agreed capacity level. As soon as an organisation exceeds capacity level, they will be charged an out of contract rate - this could be up to three times higher than the current rate!
Why the change?
Under current legislation, organisations that exceed available capacity are not charged any penalties, only for the excess energy used. This means that, until now, users have never been incentivised to actively review their allocated capacity, putting strain on the system.
By charging customers for excess capacity levels, the DNOs (Distribution Network Operators) are able to recover the costs incurred when customers exceed their available capacity. Implementing these excess capacity charges will also help DNOs to better balance the usage of their networks.
More on eTradeWire News
- Anand Mahurkar of Findability Sciences accepted into Forbes Technology Council
- Vovance Announced to Offer Cloud Computing Services to Global Clients
- Swiss International School Dubai Announces New Leadership and Developments for The New Academic Year
- "SAE" Students Win International Awards During their Participation in Four Film Festivals
- 90210 Cosmetic Dentist or Cosmetic Dentistry in Beverly Hills?
- Install MS office 365 and Best for your Business
- Beyond the Viewing Experience: How Samsung's QLED TV Incorporates Style with Function
What are the proposed excess capacity charges in the UK?
The excess capacity charge rates will vary by voltage and region - in areas with higher demands for capacity the costs are expected to be higher. There is a significant variance in excess capacity charges from region to region - with industry estimates between 49% - 177% for low voltage customers, and 13% - 165% for high voltage sites.
What about my electricity meter?
Companies with high energy consumption are now required to use smart meters (provided by energy suppliers) that provide a half-hourly (HH) measurement. The HH measurement is used to calculate excess capacity charge. Electricity meters that have been or are due to be converted to HH will be settled on the HH market in time for the introduction of DCP 161.
What can businesses do to avoid excess capacity charges in the UK?
• Take energy savings measures to reduce your maximum energy demand
• If your contract is up for renewal before April 2018, negotiate capacity charges now
More on eTradeWire News
- The Taming of the Drone-UAV - Faceless Airborne Terror
- ZooZwear Apparel Website Debut with The Top 25 Dog Breeds & The Top 10 Cat Breeds
- Vindaloo VoIP Announced to Offer Call shop Solution Development Service
- How to Reduce School Suspension With Students of Color
- Educator and Youth Advocate Addresses Middle School Bullying in her Latest Read The Misfits!
- Share the love, enjoy quality time with your loved ones in nature
- Tenfold Protocol Breaks DApp Scalability Wall with Top 10 Game HyperDragons
• Check that your agreed capacity level is set at an accurate level
• Understand what your available capacity is, and what your maximum energy demand looks like
• If you have a site which has only become half-hourly settled through the P272 process recently, take the time to ensure that the available capacity was set at a suitable level
• If you can't reduce your current demand, you need to apply to the DNO for a capacity increase
The Smarter Business solution for excess capacity charges
At Smarter Business, we work with our clients to ensure that their energy capacity is set at an accurate level. We can help you manage your usage and energy budget, as well as negotiate with suppliers on your behalf for tariffs and plans that best suit your business. https://smarterbusiness.co.uk/
- Veteran-led Team Rubicon Supporting Response and Recovery Efforts in the Wake of Hurricane Florence
- Florida's Trusted Homebuyer "David Buys Houses Florida" Introduces New Website
- RE/MAX DFW Associates Welcomes Nora Dodds
- NYT Report Outrages Trump - Yes, He Can Fire Mueller Himself
- How to Examine Keyword Competition with Google?
- Nicholas Alahverdian Endorses PoliticalTalkNow
- Nepal Tour Package | Book Now Tour Packages of Nepal
- How Indoor Positioning and Navigation Technologies can Improve Convention Center Operations
- Logix Blossom County Dream Project sector 137 Noida
- Nimble launches a safe driving mobile app
- The Rap Flow in the Song 'T.U.T.T' by D1 is Insanely Amazing
- Global 3D Printed Drugs Market Research and Forecast 2018-2027
- Are You Traveling To Nepal? Please know These Before Traveling
- Senior Care Organizations Honored by City Beat News with Spectrum Customer Satisfaction Awards
- Disney Blog Re imagined - WDW Travels
- Halloween Fun Lasts All Month Long at the Station
- A Guide to Finding Cheap Auto Insurance with No Credit Check
- Dr. Li Natural Wellness Beta Program to Be Launched to Connect Healthcare Professionals & Patients
- Artificial Intelligence Reveals Best Tasting Whey Powder
- The Lizard War Is Over Now What? Find Out In "Devil's Moon (Legends Of The Lost Tribes Book 3)