Popular on eTradeWire News
- My Size, Inc. has potential takeover from Alibaba Group 1669
- Seasoned Music Executive Mike Neely Bridges the Gap Between Music & Education 399
- ATEN to Offer HDBaseT Certification Training During Almo 2018 E4 AV Tour 182
- Michael W. Smith Leads "Just As I Am" During Rev. Billy Graham Capitol Service Today 117
- United Premier Soccer League Announces OKC 1889 as New Central Conference Expansion Team 112
- Indie Rapper Hot Dizzy Continues to Spread Energetic Vibes in Music Zone 102
- UP Board exams 2018: Class 10 Science paper and Class 12 Physics paper cancelled due to paper leak
- 2017 Bram Stoker Awards® Winners
- Harbor Associates Expands Suburban Office Portfolio with Thousand Oaks and Valencia Buys for $56 MM
- Jonas Caino Obodoefuna Becomes a Nigerian Igbo Life Peer in the Ancient "Nze na Ozo" Institution
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Global Size Energy Management Systems (EMS) Market Share,Trends, Application and Forecast 2018-2026
- India Solar Power Products Market Analysis & Forecast 2012 - 2022
- Exact Solar's Mark Bortman Invited to Share Solar Knowledge in Malaysia
- Mini Grids Deployment in Sub-Saharan Africa to be Boosted at Nairobi Summit
- Global Solar Power Bank Industry Market - Forecasts from 2018 to 2023
- Shermco's Jim White to Present Electrical Safety Tutorial
- Ecotagious selected as a top cleantech company positioned for revenue growth in the coming year
- Global Analysis Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) Market- Size,Growth,Trends and Forecast 2018-2026
- Biomass Industry's Number One Event in Tokyo Focuses on North Asia's Gigantic Biomass Power Market
- How to Switch Gas and Electricity Suppliers
What is DCP 161?
Under DCP comes the introduction of excess capacity penalties for entities that exceed their agreed capacity level. As soon as an organisation exceeds capacity level, they will be charged an out of contract rate - this could be up to three times higher than the current rate!
Why the change?
Under current legislation, organisations that exceed available capacity are not charged any penalties, only for the excess energy used. This means that, until now, users have never been incentivised to actively review their allocated capacity, putting strain on the system.
By charging customers for excess capacity levels, the DNOs (Distribution Network Operators) are able to recover the costs incurred when customers exceed their available capacity. Implementing these excess capacity charges will also help DNOs to better balance the usage of their networks.
More on eTradeWire News
- And The Winner Is.... Altima VS Maxima
- L.A. Wolves FC Announces Felipe Bernal as New Head Coach for 2018 Season
- Gold Award Winner - DUNECRAFT - Sparkly Slime
- PERFORMA Launches Extended WWE Shaker Bottle Line
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire Celebrates 5 Years with Ribbon Cutting at New Riversid
- Summer Dyslexia Camp in Santa Barbara
- Navy Corpsman US Navy Challenge Coin Released Today!
What are the proposed excess capacity charges in the UK?
The excess capacity charge rates will vary by voltage and region - in areas with higher demands for capacity the costs are expected to be higher. There is a significant variance in excess capacity charges from region to region - with industry estimates between 49% - 177% for low voltage customers, and 13% - 165% for high voltage sites.
What about my electricity meter?
Companies with high energy consumption are now required to use smart meters (provided by energy suppliers) that provide a half-hourly (HH) measurement. The HH measurement is used to calculate excess capacity charge. Electricity meters that have been or are due to be converted to HH will be settled on the HH market in time for the introduction of DCP 161.
What can businesses do to avoid excess capacity charges in the UK?
• Take energy savings measures to reduce your maximum energy demand
• If your contract is up for renewal before April 2018, negotiate capacity charges now
More on eTradeWire News
- Keith Barrows of 360 Studios and Aaron Heimes of e360tv Partner in innovative eTV production
- Marshall Barnes Returns To Radio To Speak On Stephen Hawking & His Technologies Of Infinity Start-Up
- Local high school string quartet to help settle an old score
- Garrison Collection will be attending the HD Expo
- McCarthy Building Companies promotes Antonya Williams to Vice President
- Klickly To Join Girls' Lounge State of Retail Industry Panel w/ Criteo, Unilever During Shoptalk
- Chokshi Filippone Law, LLC in the Community
• Check that your agreed capacity level is set at an accurate level
• Understand what your available capacity is, and what your maximum energy demand looks like
• If you have a site which has only become half-hourly settled through the P272 process recently, take the time to ensure that the available capacity was set at a suitable level
• If you can't reduce your current demand, you need to apply to the DNO for a capacity increase
The Smarter Business solution for excess capacity charges
At Smarter Business, we work with our clients to ensure that their energy capacity is set at an accurate level. We can help you manage your usage and energy budget, as well as negotiate with suppliers on your behalf for tariffs and plans that best suit your business. https://smarterbusiness.co.uk/
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Phil Schwartz
- Military Widows Come to Charles City for Healing, Connecting, and fun
- Pupco Brands Inc. Launching New Products at Global Pet Expo Booth #6352
- Colorado Cleantech Industries Association Announces 2018 Mining Cleantech Challenge Presenters
- Guadalupe Center President Dawn Montecalvo honored at Florida Community Leaders Dinner
- Cushman & Wakefield Ranking Rises in List of NJ Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Firms
- New Release: The Crystilleries of Echoland, a Children's Fantasy with 82 Illustrations
- Owen-Ames-Kimball completes construction of Creative World School in Gateway community of Fort Myers
- Strategic Plan Focus Group to Conduct Last Planning Session on March 26
- STEM Learning Ecosystems Accepting Applications to Improve Community-based STEM Education
- Targetti targets innovation at Light+Building with dynamic beam shaping from LensVector
- Antop's New Dual Omni HDTV UFO Antenna Offers Twice The Coverage, Delivers Free O-T-A TV
- Local HVAC Company Air & Aero Heating And Cooling Launches New Website
- CGI Addresses Shift in Renter Trends With Debut of Furnished Hotel-Style Apartments in Los Angeles
- Toolkite is the Rosetta Stone of E-Commerce Data
- Exclusive Big Boy Entertainment album stream from Buc$ for Web, Android, & IOS
- Gen7 Pets™ Carry-Me Sleeper™ is a Must-Have For June 22nd's Take Your Dog To Work Day!
- Debt Free Retirement Achieved With Bridging Loan
- Formosa Group's Supervising Music Editor, Alex Gibson, Wins Academy Award For Best Sound Editing
- Leadership Southeast Georgia Continues 2018 Classes with Session Two in Liberty and Bryan Counties