Popular on eTradeWire
- Actress & Musician Linda Collins Uses Diverse Entertainment Background to Bring Unique Edge to Roles 1283
- Chelsea Village Selects Corner Property Management for Upscale Residences in Bridgewater Township NJ 1089
- Jason McIntosh--Apartment Association of Metro Denver Executive of the Year Finalist 1022
- ASA Appraisal Courses at Massachusetts College of Art and Design 341
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 330
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 296
- Answers to the top 5 questions about concrete fasteners 216
- Seaside Art Gallery Announces "INspired by the Masters" with Artist Debra Keirce 207
- Speakeasy Art Gallery presents: ezerd - robots! robots! robots! 198
- In BLOOD OF THE FAE by Tom Mohan, Sometimes the Past Is Better Left Unknown… 197
Similar on eTradeWire
- ACES' Generation Operations Go Live
- Qubitekk selected as Winner for CONNECT's 2018 Most Innovative New Product Awards
- Healthy Home Heating and Cooling focuses on top-quality brands
- HES Pursues Feedback on Wellness Program Pilot
- Conti Solar Donates $40k Worth of Goods to Habitat for Humanity's ReStore
- Industries Welcomes Mike Thawley to Its Team Shermco
- OPDEnergy will build 500 MW in solar photovoltaic plants located in Spain, Chile and Mexico
- Don't miss the latest Smart Grid Today podcast with LiveData Utilities President Brad Harkavy
- Save up to 80% on Heating Bill with Heatese Boilers
- Boland Industrial Brings the "Green" to Blue and Brown Water at the International Work Boat Show
What is DCP 161?
Under DCP comes the introduction of excess capacity penalties for entities that exceed their agreed capacity level. As soon as an organisation exceeds capacity level, they will be charged an out of contract rate - this could be up to three times higher than the current rate!
Why the change?
Under current legislation, organisations that exceed available capacity are not charged any penalties, only for the excess energy used. This means that, until now, users have never been incentivised to actively review their allocated capacity, putting strain on the system.
By charging customers for excess capacity levels, the DNOs (Distribution Network Operators) are able to recover the costs incurred when customers exceed their available capacity. Implementing these excess capacity charges will also help DNOs to better balance the usage of their networks.
More on eTradeWire News
- Farmington High School String Quartet to join the pros
- The State of Sundance Realty and the Oregon Market: November 2018
- Anderson Trade on Dealing with Hazardous Dusts with H-Class Vacuum Cleaners
- Resolutions 2019 on View at the Hillsborough Gallery of Arts
- Project Boon Partners with Inland Valley Recovery Services (IVRS) to Boost Community Outreach
- Attracting & Retaining People – Myths, Magic or Mayhem (Part 2)
- New Original Christmas Music from Renowned Producer
What are the proposed excess capacity charges in the UK?
The excess capacity charge rates will vary by voltage and region - in areas with higher demands for capacity the costs are expected to be higher. There is a significant variance in excess capacity charges from region to region - with industry estimates between 49% - 177% for low voltage customers, and 13% - 165% for high voltage sites.
What about my electricity meter?
Companies with high energy consumption are now required to use smart meters (provided by energy suppliers) that provide a half-hourly (HH) measurement. The HH measurement is used to calculate excess capacity charge. Electricity meters that have been or are due to be converted to HH will be settled on the HH market in time for the introduction of DCP 161.
What can businesses do to avoid excess capacity charges in the UK?
• Take energy savings measures to reduce your maximum energy demand
• If your contract is up for renewal before April 2018, negotiate capacity charges now
More on eTradeWire News
- Andrew Brown's Classic Parade is Adding More Supercars to Growing Fleet in 2019
- Brick Scholar Founder Invited to Meet Finnish General Consul in NYC
- Dave Cox DUI Seminar Gets Wonderful Reviews From Louisiana DUI Attorneys
- Tanjo Selected As "cool Vendor" By Gartner
- Totally Nutz® Franchise Ownership - No Territory Restrictions
- Los Angeles Film Festival Expands Internationally
- Stand 4 Success: Take Control of Your Health
• Check that your agreed capacity level is set at an accurate level
• Understand what your available capacity is, and what your maximum energy demand looks like
• If you have a site which has only become half-hourly settled through the P272 process recently, take the time to ensure that the available capacity was set at a suitable level
• If you can't reduce your current demand, you need to apply to the DNO for a capacity increase
The Smarter Business solution for excess capacity charges
At Smarter Business, we work with our clients to ensure that their energy capacity is set at an accurate level. We can help you manage your usage and energy budget, as well as negotiate with suppliers on your behalf for tariffs and plans that best suit your business. https://smarterbusiness.co.uk/
- Norman Love Confections presents 2019 Valentine's Day Collection, Forgotten Love
- New franchisees join fast-growing Bonita Springs-based company
- Orbex and University of Alabama Leverage SoftInWay's Newly Launched AxSTREAM Space™ Bundle
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate Over $21,000 to Local San Diego Charities
- Ronald McDonald House Recognizes Cecilia Russo Turner with Community Impact Award
- SCF Communications and Marketing Department Wins Seven State Awards
- Local leaders celebrate groundbreaking of new all-inclusive resort-style retirement community
- Internationally-acclaimed pianist is artist-in-residence with Scottsdale Philharmonic
- Heritage Hunt Announced as a Winner of The Knot Best of Weddings 2019
- New model home showcases enticing opportunities at Rails End
- Are Owners Ready for a Seismic Wealth Transfer?
- Central Parts Warehouse "Pink Plow Parts" Catalog Supporting Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Filmmakers Compete for Fame, Glory (and Cash) at the streaming IndieBoom Festival
- Dec. 17 public hearing will address proposed change to Lee County's limerock policy
- Lennar Grand Opens The Elements at Sterling Meadows Saturday, December 15
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive Foundation awards more than $90,000 in grants to 12 Indiana nonprofits
- "The Sugar Merchant" by James Hutson-Wiley is published
- Port Arthur talent Faith Johnson to star in The Color Purple - The Musical About Love
- "Animaniacs in Concert!" Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen Heads to Luther Burbank Middle School
- Architectural design and pre-construction planning