Popular on eTradeWire
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 261
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 247
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 192
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 168
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 163
- 5 Steps To Turn Your Ideas Into Actions from Your Marketing Superheroes 158
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 152
- Reader Views Literary Awards Announces Addition Of Two Cash Awards For Grand Prize Winners In Fiction And Non-fiction 149
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 137
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 124
Similar on eTradeWire
- Music Vocabulary to Build Lesson Plans for Early Childhood and Elementary School Students
- Animal Welfare Executive Authors a New Children's Book
- Southern California Native Stephen DesBrisay Prepares for New Book Release, 'THE PRINCESS Guardian of the Secret'
- Butterflies and Demons Book Confronts Racial Discrimination
- Encourage Reading with a Book Stash for Young Readers
- Introducing Grace's Musical Haiku Adventures
- President of SeminarInformation.com publishes her first novel
- New Book Series by Bat Maxwell
- New Book Release, Overachieving AF: Overachieving Failures and The Lessons It Teaches
It was one-thirty a.m. when all hell broke loose.
The security alarm shrieked, its panicked cries high and deafening, and nearly catapulted Dr. Rhett "Jack" Jackson off of his comfortable couch where he'd been sprawled in an exhausted, impromptu slumber. Jack let out a startled yip of surprise and leapt to his feet on impulse, blinking hard to clear the sleep from his brown eyes. He winced as the screaming alarm jabbed at his eardrums and hurried over to the alarm pad against the wall not far from the front door. He punched in a code and the alarm fell into blessed silence. He sighed in relief and then swiped to another screen to see what had caused the disturbance.
The security alarm, unfortunately, was a bit overdramatic. Over the past year, Jack had gotten used to it crying wolf every so often due to the system's oversensitivity. Once, it had gone off when his daughter Naila had slapped both palms against the downstairs window facing the backyard. Another time when their German shepherd Brunhilde had been teaching herself to open the sliding door. Its first two weeks of installation had been a nightmare as well, since it often went off and its occupants couldn't even identify the source of the problem. By now, Jack had a lot of reservations about it, and had been considering switching to a new system.
More on eTradeWire News
- Curated Collections of Fall Bulbs, Plants and More to Benefit Morven Museum & Garden
- 1st International online Gastronomic Summit in Spanish is born due to COVID-19
- Noted Artist and Philanthropist Giacobbe Mazone's New Project - Artistmazone.com
- Best Mattress Buys Moves to New Location in Bunnell, Florida
- e7 Health now offers at-home COVID-19 saliva test kits
He rubbed his eyes with his palms before he read the alert aloud in a gravelly, sleep-deprived voice. "Upstairs master bedroom. My ass, it's the bedroom window. Unless it's the damn Easter Bunny, I'm going back to sleep."
Jack took two steps towards the couch and then heard his daughter's distressed wails, wincing. "Oh, right. The munchkin."
He instead turned and headed for the stairs, yawning and scratching his messy brown hair, calling out, "Hang on, chubby monkey, Daddy's coming."
Jack reached the top of the stairs.
And stopped dead.
There was a dragon standing in the darkened hallway.
140 Decatur St.
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Allen Ellison, CD-17 Democratic Nominee hosts Honorable Judge Arthur Burnett Sr
- Dr. Holly Durning Announces the Opening of Holistic Medical Practice
- Outstanding collection of American Brilliant Cut Glass will be sold by Woody Auction September 11-12
- Professional Interactive Webinar Series: California High Speed Rail Station Planning
- New fundraiser will support family of Texas police officer killed in crash
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Selected to Operate the New Home2 Suites by Hilton-Chicago/O'Hare International Airport
- Bring the Big Top Under Your Rooftop this Fall!
- Living Waters Inc To Host Virtual "2020 Mental Health Summit"
- San Francisco Moves To Stop Profiting Off of The Incarcerated: "Phone Calls from Jails Now Free"
- Author Helen Harper Releases Urban Fantasy - Brimstone Bound
- Grand Opening Announcement for The Grout Doctor® of Prince George's County, MD
- 'NekozTek' Helps Esports Industry Gain Massive Engagement and Sales by Leveraging TikTok
- Edexcel adopts poet Yogesh Patel's free poetry anthology of poems UNSEEN for National Curriculum
- South Shore Conservatory announces The Big Reveal
- CONRIC PR & Marketing names Chelsea Castoria Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Bold Gemini CCTV Software Update
- Former Partners Go Toe to Toe With a Familiar Foe
- New, Affordable SEO for Small Businesses
- Alarming Rate of Teacher Turnover in the District Inspires Local Educator to Launch Wellness Program
- Market Research Leader Shirley Felix, Joins Prominent Consumer Insights Agency, 360 Market Reach, As