Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 529
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 435
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 386
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 372
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 365
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 249
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 194
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 192
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 177
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 174
Similar on eTradeWire
- Tampa Bay's Annual Macaroni & Cheese Fall Festival!
- Bloomex is a Reward and Prize Partner in 2019Monopoly® Coast to Coast Game at McDonald's®
- Lambertville to Hold Annual Halloween Parade
- Phoenix: The Most Autism-Friendly City In The World
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Goddard School Kicks Off 12th Annual Preschooler-approved Toy Test
- Work It, Mama: Gugu Guru, KIDBOX and Working Mother Launch "Back to Work" Baby Registry
- Cake4Kids celebrates nine years in Santa Clara County delivering smiles to local children
- After 3 Lonely Birthdays - Community Comes together to celebrate!
- The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard Celebrates Recovery Month
DECATUR, GA, May 21, 2019: Victoria L. Collier, founder of The Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm, has posted a new blog on her law firm's website entitled "Protect Aging Parents From Scams," In which Ms. Collier poses her opinion that aging parents need to be protected from becoming victims of scammers.
Collier writes, "We live in a digital world and a world of technologically advanced scam artists who are always at the ready to take advantage of the naïve and unsuspecting. Among these victims," she says, "are our aging parents who very often are lonely and bored." She continues, "Even if caring for your aging parent(s) is a top priority, unless you live nearby, which many adult children do not, it is easy for aging seniors to become bored. When they do, they often are lured into the excitement of playing lotteries, enrolling in sweepstakes and talking to scammers who call on the phone."
Collier shares statistics, writing, "According to the U.S. Postal Inspectors (https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/tips-prevention/older-americans/), more than 1,000 suspects are arrested each year for fraud conducted vial the mail." She continues, "They also state that, "Although people 60 and older account for 26 percent of all telemarketing fraud victims, 60 percent of people in that age group are victims of prize or sweepstakes fraud."
More on eTradeWire News
- Olympic Medalist Monica Aksamit Sets Out on 2020 Olympic Quest
- Chief Internet Marketer CEO launches Radio Show
- Wayra Uk: Black Is The New Black
- Hbma Announces Election Of New Board Members
- First Forensic Criminal Tagging System Installed in Florida
According to Collier, "It's important to make sure our aging parents have more than one source of social interaction." She adds, "Of course, parents prefer the company and attention of their children."
The entire blog can be read at https://www.elderlawgeorgia.com/blog/protect-aging-parents-from-scams/
About Victoria Collier
Victoria L. Collier, CELA founded The Elder & Disability Law Firm of Victoria L. Collier, P.C. to serve the legal needs of seniors when their health care needs increase. Victoria is also Co-Founder of Collier Scott Financial Solutions, LLC. At both firms WE BELIEVE that people should not have to lose everything they've worked a lifetime to earn and that every person is an individual who deserves respect and the highest quality of life possible, regardless of age or ability.
Victoria enlisted in the U.S. Air Force during Desert Storm, 1989-1995, and also served in the U.S. Army Reserves, 1Lt. 2001-2004, JAG Corps. Victoria is a national expert on the VA Wartime Pension for veterans and their widows who need additional assistance with activities of daily living and helping them qualify for and receive tax-free income from the VA to pay for it. Victoria graduated from Valdosta State University with a B.A. in Psychology and then University of Nebraska, College of Law. In 2014, Victoria was awarded with the Alumni Master Award from the University of Nebraska.
More on eTradeWire News
- The MN Christmas Market at Nicollet Island Pavilion is a Charity Marketplace Featuring MN Brands
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
- OFAC, Global Affairs Canada to speak at Canadian Forum on Global Economic Sanctions in Toronto in TWO WEEKS
- The Art Of Untangling Celebrates 2nd Year Publishing Anniversary
- Braces in Exton Available for All-Inclusive Price of $3,995
Victoria is a Certified Elder Law Attorney through The National Elder Law Foundation and has been named as the only attorney in Georgia as "Fellow" of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). Victoria was appointed by Governor Perdue to the Georgia Council on Aging, 2010 - 2016 and was awarded Dekalb County Veteran of the Year, 2013. She is the author of 47 Secret Veterans Benefits for Seniors; Paying for Long Term Care – Financial Help for Wartime Veterans: The VA Aid & Attendance Benefit. Victoria has co-authored several books: Blooper Episodes in Estate Planning, Don't Go Broke in a Nursing Home, and Protect Your IRA: Avoid the 5 Common Mistakes. Most notably, Victoria co-authored the National Best Seller, The Road to Success, with Jack Canfield, author of Chicken Soup for the Soul series.
About The Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm
The Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm was established to serve the legal needs of retiring citizens. The Firm focuses its entire practice on providing strategies to protect independence, privacy, assets and taxes from the government. Victoria Collier has grown her law practice and financial services practice by providing excellent customer satisfaction with personalized wealth protection plans.
- Re-Stem Biotech Research Collaboration Featured on Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures' Website
- NHR Presents at the Automotive Testing Expo 2019 in Novi, Michigan
- The New York Stock Exchange edition of the Digital Innovators show features Starcave Global's revolutionary Color Code Security System
- Trump Loving Latino's New Book Encourages Transparent, Well Intentioned Discussion To Bring Americans Closer
- GeoLang Partners with Northdoor plc to deliver award-winning data security solutions
- 'Lost' Guggenheim Portrait Discovered After 93 Years
- LyvEdit, A Unique Real-Time Video Editing App, Launches On iOS
- Create an instant retail pop-up store with WaveLine Merchandiser display kits available at Best Tradeshow Display
- Never Ending Summer is more then just a tour, its a rock album
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Doosan Machine Tools Selects MachBase Time-Series Database for Enhanced Edge Computing Capabilities
- Michael Szymanski Earns NAR Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource® Certification
- Otter Learning Expands Childcare Presence in Orlando
- International Grief Institute Advisory Board Member Announced
- The Survival Sign Publishes New Facebook Business Page
- Ben Byron Davis of Red Dead Redemption II joins The Grindhouse Radio
- Jared Goff to Donate $1,000 per Touchdown to Support California Strong
- Steeves and Associates Invited to Attend Microsoft Identity-Driven Security Airlift Event
- Children's Services Foundation of SWFL makes first grants to help fill service gaps
- CGI Franchise Launches a New Website