Popular on eTradeWire
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 215
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 208
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 193
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 139
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 138
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 132
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 129
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Ventura College Foundation Announces Recipients of First Allied Health Scholarships
- Lil Cory Becomes Legally Blind
Similar on eTradeWire
- Breach Force: CyberSec Teams Look to Advanced Tools and Capabilities to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- PayPerHead.com Finds Significant Increase of Americans Placing Bets on European Soccer Leagues
- Formula Cloud: Become Data Resilient... Jump Start Your Mission with AWS Storage Options
- New Video Explores DANGERS OF BUI
- The New Green Deal for dynaCERT Inc.'s Carbon Emission Reduction Technology
- Pro Wrestling Legends' Match to be Featured in Upcoming Movie
- FusionInvoice Version 2019-1 Released
- Donation by Televergence Solutions Sets in Motion Far-Reaching Ripple Effect Benefitting Women in Tech
- Feedonomics Hires Gary Kerr as Director of Business Development
- Outsourced CIO LLC Pivots to Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) to Leverage Rapid Growth
"Throughout the past year, eSports has been a new sport that has been supported on our online bookie software," explained Nate Johnson, Product Manager of PayPerHead.com. "This is the first DreamHack that is being hosted in Brazil, one of the primary hubs for eSports in South America."
Last year, it is estimated that a total of 1.4 million people watched Dreamhack Masters Marseille last year. PayPerHead.com estimates that viewership for this year's Dreamhack will have a significant increase versus previous Dreamhack events.
More on eTradeWire News
- Prolific Press Has Published Final Arrangements by Mickey Corrigan
- Prolific Press Has Published The Impressionist Painter by Alan Humason
- Inspiring Florida Musical Artist announces First World Tour; Listen to Album on iTunes
- How Mass Shootings Affected my Work as a Filmmaker
- Comments to the Reserve Bank of India on Blockchain, Crypto
"Esports events are experiencing an ever-climbing viewership count. Some of these events are even eclipsing major sporting events from the NBA, MLB, and NFL. As the viewership continues to grow and break records each year, many of our agents are including eSports lines in their books. We're expecting millions of dollars in bets industry-wide" explained Johnson.
Traditionally, watching sports coverage required a cable subscription. However, esports is largely broadcasted live across several free streaming services. Viewers can access content anywhere in the world for free from their computer or mobile devices.
Twitch.tv, an online video game streaming platform, has been the longtime industry leader when it comes to viewing esports events. However, many third-party services are beginning to broadcast these games on their own platforms. Platforms like Youtube, Facebook, Periscope and others are beginning to broadcast the event to their users, which is one of the key factors contributing to viewership growth.
"With an increased ability to access live eSport content, there's a clear demand and opportunity to give fans an option to bet on their favorite teams or games. We've determined a clear relationship between eSports viewership and PayPerHead.com site traffic. As Dreamhack Rio draws closer, we expect more requests for eSports supported books and an increase of new agents."
More on eTradeWire News
- Simple Steps to Control Your Child's Asthma – advice from pediatrician Kenneth Pomar Rebong, MD
- Giving Back To Our Veterans and Military Through Song at The 2019 Josie Music Awards Event!
- iHarvest™-The Future of Gardening is Indoors
- Grammy Winner Headlines Vegas Jazz Eclectic Concert Series
- Reality TV show breaks new ground in Pittsburgh
PayPerHead (http://payperhead.com), founded in 1997, is the industry's leading per head online bookie software, providing user-friendly tools and unmatched customer service. PayPerHead.com's agents reach unprecedented profits through its sportsbook software and unmatched list of supported sports. To date, PayPerHead.com has provided service for over 13,000 users with professional and discrete data processing services around the globe. For more information visit http://www.payperhead.com.
For more information, please contact:
- OneAZ Credit Union celebrates Earth Day with special Tesla financing options and Radio Flyer Tesla Model S giveaway
- LMS50 Adds Additional Online Safety Training Titles
- Holocaust survivor's granddaughter pens memoir about what happens when corrupt leaders in charge
- Naacp Memphis Branch, The New Tri-state Defender & Kroger Delta Division Announce Grant Winners
- Drummer Bob Holz in Modern Drummer Magazine
- National Association of Black Journalists to Host Regional Conference in Cincinnati
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Kroger Health Partners With FoodNiche To Drive Conversation On Healthier Future of Food
- Milk Hall of Fame Announces USA and International 2020 Spokesmodel Video and Photographic Auditions Have Begun - in Your Own Language
- Kintsugi / Kintsukuroi Art - How it is Made, Where to Buy Pottery with Gold Repair? Available in The USA
- "I Like To Eat Children" by Author Reagan Rothe Now Available in Audiobook Format Worldwide
- 651vinyl.com Adds Siser Brick 600 to Product Line
- Celebrate Easter with Exciting Offers on Kids Accessories by ShopEnglish. Visit us today!
- Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company Opens New Location in York, PA
- Another Home Run Murder Mystery Now Showing
- Blac Chyna Negotiations with Warner Bros. Move Forward
- MFASCO awarded a GSA with the assistance of Mr. Brian Charles with Government Marketplace LLC
- Arctic Encounter Presents 6th Annual Flagship Symposium
- Saf-Gard/Vulcan Safety Shoe Company Opens Location in Charleston, SC
- SVN Storage Realty's Team Sells $7,000,000 Facility in Saratoga County, NY