Popular on eTradeWire
- PSA - January 2nd - 20th Anniversary of National Motivation & Inspiration Day® - 383
- TVS Select Network Showcases Undercover Jetsetter Marathon in 2022 on WatchYour.TV Platform - 340
- Nicc LaRue's virtual concert "The Hood Never Folds" streaming now - 307
- Southern Oregon biracial couple offers effective racial equity training - 263
- Agile World Announces 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status as Philanthropic Public Charity - 232
- Sage Names Alta Vista Technology a "Sage Intacct Growth Partner of the Year" - 199
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io and Multiverse Gaming Hub Original Gamer Life Ink Partnership with Investment Firm Ghost Capital - 192
- Ryan Lawn & Tree merges with CM's Outdoor Solutions Group of Omaha, NE - 150
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 35th Tribute to Mayors - 126
- Chicagoland Celebrity DJ P1 Rap Returns To The Crossing Bar & Grill as Managing DJ on Friday and Saturday Nights in Worth, IL - 126
Similar on eTradeWire
- NAMEC Announces 2022 Board of Directors
- When minutes count and there is no doctor around, you need The Home Doctor on hand (new edition)
- Kibali Medical Spa Offers State-Of-The-Art Facial Treatments in Boca Raton, Florida
- Real Leaders®️ Unveils Its 200 Top Impact Companies List of 2022
- New speakers from Abbvie, GSK, Scripps Research and Engitix Therapeutics join 3D Cell Culture
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Rocco Serrao, MD
- Buffalo Dental Releases Innovative Autoclavable Knife #12A
- Countless Lives Saved Through Identifying PAD: The Silent Killer
- NYC Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. Pasquale Tolomeo Launches a New Website
Celtro GmbH was founded in Dresden, Germany in 2019 with the aim of supplying autonomous medical products from such "cell power plants". Building on its portfolio of intellectual property rights in the field of nanowatt electronics, Celtro GmbH has started developing such medical products. Electrical energy harvesting replaces the battery as an energy storage, in view to supply medical applications such as patient monitoring and pace-makers.
The basic idea is that living cells in an organism resemble biological batteries that constantly generate electrical energy. If it becomes possible to use a small part of this energy, implantable medical devices would become energy-self-sufficient. Even patients with previously incurable diseases, such as paraplegia, could be helped permanently in the future.
More on eTradeWire News
- Brian Peterson assisted BioMetric Signature ID with obtaining a GSA Multiple Award Schedule
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Advertisement Strategies for Event Promotion
- ISO 20022 Standards 2022 Implementation Adds Significance to Compliant Cryptocurencies
- How do a traveller opt Virgin America booking at low fare to hometown
- It's National DJ Day perfect for Chicago's Celebrity Traveling DjP1 Rap Making A Half-A-Million Headline News Milestones
"Moore's Law is our friend," says Dr.-Ing. Gerd Teepe, Founder and CEO of Celtro GmbH. "Today's semiconductor technologies are astonigishly powerful. 1000 billion (1012) computing operations per second can be performed with less than 1 watt of energy consumption. However, biological processes are much slower. This allows us to reduce the energy consumption down to several nanowatts. This is sufficient for biological functions and low enough to be generated by the tissue itself. Self-sufficient implantable systems become possible.
Co-Founder, Dr.-med. Judith Piorkowski, cardiologist and electrophysiologist, explains this in more detail: "A cell absorbs sugar as an energy source and converts it into electrical and mechanical energy. There are billions of cells in a heart. Only a small fraction of the energy converted there is needed for the operation of self-sufficient implants, such as pacemakers."
Celtro GmbH successfully completed its first financing round in December 2021. Private investors come from Germany and the USA. The state of Saxony is also supporting the development project financially in the context of its technology support program and facilitated an early operational start.
More on eTradeWire News
- Wear2Conquer launches innovative new adaptive apparel for chemotherapy and dialysis
- Lola's Fine Hot Sauce and Casey's Welcome 2022 with Spicy Snack Collaboration
- League of Women Voters PBC to Host Two Free Zoom Events in February
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Announces Town Hall Talk on AI & Health, February 2
- KRAVIS CENTER to Present CATS, February 8-13 / Tickets On Sale Now
The current focus is on semiconductor development in cooperation with partners in Saxony. For 2022, an expansion of the staff in Dresden with experts from the fields of semiconductor development, system development and cell biology is planned. With the conclusion of the Seed financing round, the first phase of the "NanoPower-BioChip" development program is secured. It will lay the foundation for cellular energy harvesting and demonstrate its feasibility. *)
"We are very pleased that both private investors and the state of Saxony support our breakthrough vision of energy-self-sufficient medical devices. The possibility of combining advanced semiconductor, cell biology and medicine research is a unique advantage of the location in Dresden and perfectly supports the mission of our company," says Jarek Budny, Co-Founder of Celtro GmbH.
about Celtro GmbH, please refer to http://www.celtro.de
*) The NanoPower-BioChip project is co-financed with tax revenues based on the budget adopted by the Saxon State Parliament.
Dr. Gerd Teepe, Bischofsweg 106, 01099 Dresden, Germany
- Dark River Publishing Announces: The release "To Taste You Again" by Cahira O'Donnell
- Co-Founder of The Millennium Alliance Joins Young Presidents' Organization (YPO)
- Yunishigawa Onsen's Kamakura Festival Features the Unique Northern Japan Winter Tradition: Kamakura or Snow Huts
- A New Social Network Based on Gratitude and Positivity
- 57th STREET - new blog from award-winning writer Joanna Paxinou about growing up in New York City
- Aurora Roofing Contractor Offers Free Roof Inspection Estimates
- Prairie Represents Staff Electric Co., Inc. in its Sale to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida honors Lynne and Chip Shotwell as 2022 Eagle Award recipients
- Eric Byrd Trio: Brother Ray Band Bring Ray Charles Tribute to the Weinberg Center
- Cobalt Digital Opens Doors to Representative Office in China
- The NEW way to acquire customers. How Direct Contact Marketing cracked the code for lead generation
- At the Movies with Joanna's latest feature: Friends for Life - Fred Astaire and Irving Berlin
- Used White 2017 Honda Accord for Sale At Our Dealership!
- #1 New Release Museum Industry Amazon
- Alten Construction completes modernization of Castro Valley High School
- Doggy Dynamics: Keep Your Pooch Feeling Loved And Cared For With Premium Dog Products
- Harrisburg Teens Have Choice Between Braces or Invisalign from Exeter Orthodontics
- Springfield Dentist Offering Affordable, Custom-Made Crowns
- Everything Blankets: Stay Warm At All Times With The Most Comfortable Selection Of Blankets
- Gabriella Albert Named 2021 South Florida PGA Jr. Tour Player Of The Year