Popular on eTradeWire
- Quality Improvement Program Expanded to Florida to Prevent Blindness Caused by Diabetes 420
- Chicago Design-Build Company Launches New Website 349
- Grey Flannel's Jan. 22 auction includes ultimate Babe Ruth-signed baseball, Tom Brady rookie jersey 343
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Back Novecento 900 Doral LLC. as a Platinum Member 335
- New Visiongain Published Report: Military Smart Weapons Market Report 2020-2030 252
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 218
- Wanderful Launches Wanderful Women Wednesdays Around The World 189
- Tenon Tours Welcomes New Director of Sales Ernesto Santero 184
- NomadRez Releases Housekeeping Portal 180
- Travelers Haven Announces Promotion of Carlos Abisambra to President and CEO 179
Similar on eTradeWire
- Mark Langan Appointed President at SCA Architecture
- GDOT Design Expands Into Pittsburgh, Opens Lawrenceville Showroom
- Arati Rangaswamy Promoted to Director of Operations at SCA Architecture
- Jump-start a collaborative culture
- Is Level 4 drywall finish the best?
- DCOTA Financial Settlement Announced by Cohen Brothers Realty Corporation
- Able City Announces Economic Development Services and Products after Founding Principal Graduates from University of Oklahoma EDI
- Milos Makaric Promoted to Director of Design at SCA Architecture
- CENTRIA® Enhances Versawall® Product Line with New Non-Embossed Finish
- Premier Developer Great Gulf's La Clara Luxury Residences Ride Wave of West Palm Beach Popularity
To ensure continuous, all-weather resident access to an outdoor terrace, the design team at Perkins Eastman incorporated an En-Fold® stadium-grade retractable awing system across the space, providing vital shade from the sun and rain shelter for residents to delight in a secure outdoor respite.
"Our goal for this area of the phased campus expansion was to provide new residential 'neighborhoods' and amenities for existing and future residents who moved in and needed specialized Memory Support care," says Johnathan Morris, Senior Associate, Perkins Eastman. "The En-Fold system provided flexibility to adjust conditions on the enclosed outdoor terrace for the occupants."
More on eTradeWire News
- My Shop Luggage: Premium Luggage, Travel Bags, & Accessories
- CSC Motorcycles Announces 2020 RX4 Adventure Motorcycle - Your Adventure Within Reach!
- A Story 115 Years In The Making
- The Artists of the Hillsborough Gallery of Arts are Creating Green Artwork
- Exploding on the construction logistics industry, MoveIT is Here!
Manufactured by Uni-Systems, LLC, the globally-recognized leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, and installation of large-scale kinetic architectural systems, the installed En-Fold system was 48' wide, with four drive beams.
"We wanted the spaces to feel homelike but maintain the safety and security for both visitors and residents alike," says Morris. "In this area, the En-Fold system can easily remain open when weather permitted or extended to help with protection from rain or direct summer sun," says Morris.
Architectural-grade ePTFE fabric panels were specified for this En-Fold system. The fabric permits 40% light transmission — suitable for focusing on tabletop activities while still blocking more than 85% of ambient UV rays.
Gardenside at Ingleside Farm was completed in 2019. Perkins Eastman were responsible for architectural design services. The general contractor was Whiting Turner, the fabricator was Lightweight Mfg, and installation was completed by Carroll Awning.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Tennessee Werewolves at Whisky A Go Go, February 22
- Live Smart Brings Customized Housing To Medical Professionals of Central Connecticut
- Mind Gear Studios Founder starts new company Shrimpboot Games
- Transition from Working for Others to Franchise Ownership with Totally Nutz®
- Grand Canyon April 2020 UM GeoTour
For more information about En-Fold systems, visit: www.en-fold.com.
Uni-Systems is recognized as the leading designer and advocate of kinetic architecture, creating transformative, mechanized structures that change with climate, need or purpose. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Uni-Systems earned its reputation as a world-class leader in motion technology by profitably completing more than 120 projects for the military, aircraft, and entertainment industries over the last fifty years. For more information, visit: www.uni-systems.com
Miriam Lamey, Senior Content Specialist
- FMCSA Clearinghouse effective date is January 6, 2020
- WildBlue Aircraft Sales announces the "Select" Aircraft Brokerage Program
- Nude Envie's New Cheek Collection
- Employees have chance to win new car based on perfect attendance
- Keyfactor Announces DevOps Integrations to Address Identity and Access Management Security Risk
- Save time and money with a NESCO slow cooker
- JourneyPure Bowling Green Designated a Blue Distinction® Center for Substance Use Treatment
- Amazing Spaces® Storage Centers Named a 2019 Top Operator in Mini-Storage Messenger Top 100 Operators List
- Quality data leads to optimal design of heat transfer rolls
- Volunteers Needed to Help Students at Apache Junction Unfied School District
- Rick Cottrell Delivers Dynamic Presentation at TTI Success Insights Conference in Phoenix
- Jeri Janowsky, Executive Director of Saturday Academy to Retire. Board Announces Executive Search
- Machine Vibration Monitoring Analyzes Equipment for Condition and Fault Diagnosis
- Siborg Systems New LCR-Reader-MPA Pro with NIST Traceable Calibration
- Justice Tax, LLC donates to Wolfson Children's Hospital
- The Couture Bow Tie® is Here to Keep You Fresh This Award Season
- Carol Dinardo named chair of 2020 Magic Under the Mangroves gala
- Rented.com and MyVR Announce Revenue Management Partnership
- Brandon Honda honors top 22 employees for 2019
- Electri-Flex Company Promotions: National Sales Manager, Distribution Manager, Mgr Strategic Accts