Popular on eTradeWire
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 248
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 238
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 186
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 160
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 154
- 5 Steps To Turn Your Ideas Into Actions from Your Marketing Superheroes 147
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 147
- Reader Views Literary Awards Announces Addition Of Two Cash Awards For Grand Prize Winners In Fiction And Non-fiction 139
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 133
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 119
Similar on eTradeWire
- Durante Rentals Appoints Liam J. Harrington as President
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Defies Pandemic Headwind to Raise Expansion Capital
- Fishman & Associates Helping to Build the First Two Buc-ee's Travel Centers in Florida
- Green Stream Holdings, Inc. Announces New Website Toward Enhanced Shareholder Accessibility
- Professional Interactive Webinar Series: Regional Planning & Retrofitting Suburbia
- WeCutFoam Now Offering Foam Crown Moldings Fabrication to Construction Companies
- Filmmaker Kevin Stirling's New Doc "MARCH TO THE MOON" Soars in Houston; Wins GOLD NASA REMI Award at 53rd Worldfest Film Festival
- DSP (Interiors) Ltd complete state-of-the-art production facility for SureScreen Diagnostics
- New Student Servery at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg
- Fort Wayne Rescue Mission City on a Hill Celebrates Completion
To ensure continuous, all-weather resident access to an outdoor terrace, the design team at Perkins Eastman incorporated an En-Fold® stadium-grade retractable awing system across the space, providing vital shade from the sun and rain shelter for residents to delight in a secure outdoor respite.
"Our goal for this area of the phased campus expansion was to provide new residential 'neighborhoods' and amenities for existing and future residents who moved in and needed specialized Memory Support care," says Johnathan Morris, Senior Associate, Perkins Eastman. "The En-Fold system provided flexibility to adjust conditions on the enclosed outdoor terrace for the occupants."
More on eTradeWire News
- Spunky Mobile Startup Expands Student Success Service
- Auto Dealer Retention Services Firm Hires Auto Industry Executive Stan Sher
- Time Party announces new Leader
- Onlive Server Announced Europe based Germany VPS Server Hosting Services with KVM Hypervisor Cloud Panel
- Campaign Reform Needed For Elections
Manufactured by Uni-Systems, LLC, the globally-recognized leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, and installation of large-scale kinetic architectural systems, the installed En-Fold system was 48' wide, with four drive beams.
"We wanted the spaces to feel homelike but maintain the safety and security for both visitors and residents alike," says Morris. "In this area, the En-Fold system can easily remain open when weather permitted or extended to help with protection from rain or direct summer sun," says Morris.
Architectural-grade ePTFE fabric panels were specified for this En-Fold system. The fabric permits 40% light transmission — suitable for focusing on tabletop activities while still blocking more than 85% of ambient UV rays.
Gardenside at Ingleside Farm was completed in 2019. Perkins Eastman were responsible for architectural design services. The general contractor was Whiting Turner, the fabricator was Lightweight Mfg, and installation was completed by Carroll Awning.
More on eTradeWire News
- Angels of the Road Ride for Veterans
- Platinum Educational Group Announces Sponsorship of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Techn
- Calculating Minds Connects Knoxville Students with Math Help
- Kids' Minds Matter hosts back-to-school sessions for on Facebook Live beginning Monday, Aug. 10
- Solvefory.org Introduces the SOLVE FOR WHY t-shirt campaign
For more information about En-Fold systems, visit: www.en-fold.com.
Uni-Systems is recognized as the leading designer and advocate of kinetic architecture, creating transformative, mechanized structures that change with climate, need or purpose. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Uni-Systems earned its reputation as a world-class leader in motion technology by profitably completing more than 120 projects for the military, aircraft, and entertainment industries over the last fifty years. For more information, visit: www.uni-systems.com
Miriam Lamey, Senior Content Specialist
- Why We Need More Black Executives in Hip Hop? by Eric B
- Mask Wholesaler Sponsors Alzheimer's Event
- Hip Hop Trio Cuzzinz Applies Pressure with the 2 Pressure Challenge - Back To School Laptop Giveaway
- Pure Executive Promoted To President, Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Covid-19 & Unemployment Crisis 2020
- Careington and Smile Brands Announce Successful New Membership Program in Washington
- Local Travel Agent Continuing to Find Creative Ways to Serve Clients In the Era of COVID-19
- Nothing New in Guidelines from Canada
- Pre Teen's 'SUNCards' Help Kids Manage Their Anxiety
- Three Experienced Business Owners Join to Bring Home Helpers Home Care to the Central Valley
- Charlotte: Let's Talk Politics!
- Second Multi-Million Dollar Commercial Closing During COVID-19 for NSD Partners
- Daniel Vaswani of Red Metric Law posts a video about the ongoing spread of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Canadian Dermatologists Condemn Racism
- The Only Beginner's Photography Class You'll Ever Need
- Forthcoming new book of poetry by Deborah Cummins from Deerbrook Editions
- Amazon Invests $30 Billion in Third-Party Sellers Over the Past 2 Years
- Astoria Knights FC Returns to UPSL Training for First Time Since of COVID-19 National Pande
- Legislative advocate releases new book about son's prescription addiction and overdose death
- Bloomfield, CT Police Union Sounds Alarm About Deteriorating Quality of Life & Safety Issues