Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 180
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 164
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 115
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 109
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 103
- What to do when someone dies in your family? - 103
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
Similar on eTradeWire
- Two Attorneys from Ward Law Group Recognized as Super Lawyers
- Attorney John Tolley Obtains Another Full Plaintiff's Verdict!
- Removal of travel restrictions and exemptions for international students
- Sunbeam Liable for $1.1 Million to Texas Woman Burned by Defective Space Heater
- Snell & Wilmer Welcomes Real Estate Partner Don Martin to Las Vegas Office
- Chaudhri takes deep dive into the looming mass lay-off of thousands of City of Toronto Employees
- Neubert, Pepe & Monteith, P.C. Attorneys Recognized by Connecticut Super Lawyers 2021
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Denise Dragoo Elected to S.J. Quinney College of Law Board of Trustees
- PAG Law recognized as Best Boutique of the Year by 2021 M&A Today Awards. Partner Juan Pablo Cappello also recognized as Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer
- TRU Staffing Partners to Present at IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk. 2021 Conference
Pursuant to guidance issued by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on May 28, 2021, there is no federal law which prevents an employer from requiring employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Exceptions to these rules do exist but require an analysis of federal law involving the cost and hardship on the employer for granting such accommodations as well as workplace safety concerns.
More on eTradeWire News
- Stayed Prayed Up LP Release Now Available
- Pazusoft Announces the launch of Apple Music Converter for Windows
- LSI Welcomes James Clark As Lead Controls Engineer
- 64% of Learners Say Accessing Training from a Mobile Device is Essential
- Dr. Joe Dispenza - Is Dr. Joe Dispenza the Kwisatz Haderach?
Governor Kemp signed an Executive Order on May 25, 2021 which provides that no state agency can require proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment by the state, conducting business with the state or enjoying other rights provided by the state. Accordingly, Georgia law does not prevent private employers from mandating vaccines.
There has also been confusion regarding an employer's right to inquire about an employee's vaccination status. An employer may ask without running afoul of the ADA's prohibition on disability-related inquiries. However, additional questions as to their motivations or beliefs could be a violation of federal law. Thus, while employers are free to ask employees whether or not they have been vaccinated, they need to be careful about asking more probing questions or storing this information.
An employer rewarding employees who show proof of vaccination from a third party does not run afoul of federal law. However, if an employer is offering an incentive to employees for receiving a vaccination administered by the employer, additional analysis is required. In this instance, the incentive is only permitted if it is not "so substantial as to be coercive".
More on eTradeWire News
- Summer Water Safety for Children with Blue Haven Pools
- CHBO Announces the development process to build the first smart-Sustainable city in Canada & the US
- Best Life For Dogs: Give Your Pup the Best Life With Premium Dog Products
- Binge Eating Disorder-Discover Ways to Heal with Dr. Gia Marson
- Vehicle Owners across the Country Save $$ By Reducing Pollution - ECOFuelMax
There are a variety of legal and practical factors that must be addressed when an employer decides to implement a workplace vaccine mandate. While there is a level of uncertainty in the legal landscape surrounding mandates, that is unfortunately unlikely to change any time soon. To avoid running afoul of the law, employers would be wise to consult an attorney to successfully implement its vaccine mandate.
Bryan A. Schivera is a partner in the Tax and Corporate department of Oliver Maner. For more information, contact Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was published by Savannah Morning News at https://bit.ly/3Afd3DR.
- Crypto-Miners are Turning to the OUS Power Generation Platform for Electric Supply
- Information Asset Names Sanjeev Varma as Chief Executive Officer
- Kathryn Williams Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code Vol 2"
- Ford Honors Preh at 23rd Annual World Excellence Awards
- Self-employed taxpayers can use estimated tax payments to help with annual tax debt
- Muse Beauty Pro Holiday Promotion
- HelpSystems Acquires PhishLabs to Continue Expansion of Cybersecurity Portfolio
- Two Steps from Nada: A Complex Transition
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Promotes Steve Jobs' Key Skills For Enhanced Career Success
- Free Webinar on How to Prepare for the Next Disruptive Technology
- World Auction Gallery's Important Estate Auction, November 7, has 700 lots in an array of categories
- Anduin To Sponsor 2021 Winning Ways Conference
- THINKWARE Announces Halloween Day Dash Cam Discounts
- Meditation Teacher Kadeem One Discusses the Importance of Wellness in the Workplace
- All-In-One Versatility Makes NESCO Smart Canner & Cooker the Ultimate Kitchen Appliance
- New Partnership Seeks to End Teen Roadway Fatalities
- "Charlotte's Story" Introduces Modern Insights to Nineteenth Century Literature
- Fathom will Change the Way Children Read, Learn, and Collaborate
- Tips to Help Struggling Learners
- Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A. collects toys for Toys for Tots