Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 117
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
- Lyn Ross of Institut' Dermed Prize Winner in the 2019 Skin Games Compassionate Category
Similar on eTradeWire
- When a Landmark Restaurant Needs to Update its Decor, Elegant Ceilings & Walls Can Help
- French NeoClassical Town House owned by Les Wexner, Jeffrey Epstein renovated by Onestoneworld
- New Showroom Squared platform removes risk and inefficiencies from custom furnishing orders
- Marshall Engineering Corporation (MEC) recently launched New Information Rich Website
- Fabricoil® Ceiling Systems Enhance CASBAR Lounge
- TURF Refines Collection of Carved Wall Tiles
- Talking about new trends in education furniture
- Added features to consider prior to commercial tenant construction
- GSB Architects Building an Impressive Roster of New Projects
- Pittsburgh Mixed-Use Building Enhanced with CENTRIA Formawall®
The Shed, which has become the iconic portion of the larger structure known as The Bloomberg Building, is a cultural and performing arts center located in Hudson Yards, Manhattan, New York City.
The West 30th Street main vestibule entrance of The Shed, designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro and developed by facade specialist CS Facades, is located under the High Line park and features six pairs of Ellison custom balanced doors that give entrance to the main building lobby space. Ellison also has two additional entries with sidelights that lead to The McCourt and other event spaces within the building's upper levels.
"The Shed project was years of planning with some of New York's most prominent developers, cultural representatives, and philanthropic socialites," says Joe Dai, President of Mackenzie Door Company, the team responsible for installing the doors. "Ellison balanced doors are the only door on the market that could meet the high expectations of this modern architectural marvel."
More on eTradeWire News
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
The main entrance vestibule slopes at a negative angle inward from the exterior, with the final termination point over the interior Ellison doors. This challenge of the exterior entryways being taller than those of the interior was overcome through meticulous coordination and engineering between CS Facades, Ellison, and Mackenzie to ensure proper clearances were achieved.
The Shed's notable retractable shell is constructed of steel and lightweight ETFE plastic "bubbles" that offer the benefits of traditional insulating glass without the weight. The shell opens and closes on eight metal wheels similar to that of a train—a nod to the Hudson Rail Yards over which The Shed is built.
The big and bold Ellison balanced doors are ideal for high-profile projects like The Shed. Not only do they complement impressive architectural designs, but their innovative construction and effortless operation suit high-traffic spaces better than any other commercial entryway.
The Shed officially opened on April 5, 2019. In addition to Ellison Bronze, the project team included door installer Mackenzie Door Company; facade subcontractor CS Facades; lead architect Diller Scofidio + Renfro; and collaborating architect Rockwell Group.
More on eTradeWire News
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
About Ellison: Ellison Bronze, Inc., located in Falconer, NY, invented the balanced door in 1927. Today, Ellison leads the industry by providing custom marquee doors to the world's most famous addresses. Made with the highest quality materials and unparalleled craftsmanship, Ellison doors are the standard to which all other commercial entry doors are compared the world over. Visit www.ellisonbronze.com.
- Pearson Edexcel bags The Word Masala Champion of the Diaspora Poetry Award
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Space-saving ARM® Cortex®-M0 (MCU) NVM for Extreme Rad
- Don Barnhart's Hypnomania Residency Gets Extended
- Tour Lennar's 10 Model Homes at Glen Loma Ranch Now Open Daily
- Two Ways Home, starring Tanna Frederick and Tom Bower an official Women Texas Film Festival selection will be screening on Saturday, August 17th
- AccuSource, Inc. Ranks on the 2019 Inc. 5000 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 92 Percent
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Executive Director Search Announced
- Skyscanner for Dummies: 3 Ways to book your next Skyscanner Tickets
- Car Title Loans Can Take Off the Pressure When Sudden Lay Offs Sting, says Car Cash Loans
- Brandon Honda promotes Tim Jamil to General Sales Manager
- Global Artist with Roots in Fashion
- Promoting Accountability for Personal Conduct at Tech Conferences
- Vesta Property Services Expands Its Community Management Division in South Florida
- Vesta Property Services Expands Its North Central Region with Acquisition of Action Management
- EMI Filters for PWM-Driven Motors Prevent Bearing Damage and Reduce EMI in Equipment
- Can we wrap, letter and decal your entire fleet of trucks, no matter how big or small? YES, WE CAN!
- New Graphic Design Service Offers Unbeatable Prices
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Learn about the Opportunity Zone in Flagler County Aug. 20