Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 131
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- Zone heating and cooling systems pay off in energy savings
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- COE Distributing Makes 9th Appearance on Pittsburgh Business Times List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- South Florida Doctors Did NOT Walk Out in Protest
- StoreEase Virtual Management Adds Industry Veterans to Dynamic Leadership Team
- West Lane Partners, LLC Invests in Simply Organic Beauty
- Kazakh electronic star Imanbek and rock-tinged genius LP release 'Fighter'
- Quarch Technology expands its Power Analysis range with new fixtures for HDDs, SSDs and Cable Harnesses
Similar on eTradeWire
- Keep a Bit of Summer in Your Winter Meals
- MacCase Integrates Apple Air Tags into Premium Leather Messenger Bag
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Medtrics & SEI partnership : Bringing telemedicine service to Android TV
- FirstRec – The First Voice Recorder with Color OLED Display & Simplified Menu, Specially Designed for Children and Seniors, Launches on Kicksta
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. Introduces M1200 large image Pad Printing Machine
- The AutoVent Kickstarter Launching soon - new product provides automatic humidity venting
- Move-in Ready: Dorm Essentials
- Orchard Audio Launches Starkrimson® Streamer Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Streaming Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
According to the CEC latest estimates, by 2030 the charging infrastructure to serve 5M EVs will be installed mainly in single family homes (about 4M Level 1 and Level 2 chargers). This substantial additional electrical load (40 GW assuming 10kW load per charger) could be disruptive to the grid if the chargers are not equipped with "Demand Response" (DR) capability.
EVs are charged at power demand comparable to that of major household appliances. Flexible demand appliance standards will promote DR technologies to schedule, shift, and curtail appliance operations to facilitate grid reliability, benefit consumers, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with electricity generation.
Currently, there are two basic options with charging infrastructure. The EV charger can be connected to a local or to a central backend Energy Management System (EMS) (a networked or "smart" charger). A non-networked charger (a "dumb" charger) cannot participate in DR Programs. Smart chargers are capable of DR and are expensive, while those without this capability can be purchased in stores or online at low cost (their price is one fifth that of a smart charger) because they are manufactured in larger quantities for the wider global market.
More on eTradeWire News
- CARBONELL AWARDS Introduces New Team of Judges for 2021-2022 Theater Season
- Powerful Instrumentals Released On TikTok, Users Encouraged To Use Them In Anti-Censorship Videos
- It's Cheaper Downunder - Quality computer products
- Locate Underground Services With A Trusted Specialist
- Sports World Television LIVE Worldwide "Pro Boxing Channel" Launching January 2022
The ELEVATE adapter converts a cheap non-networked charger into a smart (networked) charger.
ELEVATE project will miniaturize an existing adapter design for mass production. Thus, solving the scientific-technological barrier for the grid integration of non-networked chargers already mass produced, deployed, and available on the market.
Andromeda Power, LLC
Director of Communications
- How Bulldog Mobile Billboards Helps You with Your Experiential Marketing
- Systems & Software Announces Brand Refresh to More Accurately Communicate its' Market Value
- Signs Your Website Needs An Upgrade
- Guinea Court Dental Surgery – create a new affordable smile with dentistry in Basingstoke
- The classic car collection of Larry and Dawn Menard will be auctioned Oct. 2 in Chippewa Falls, Wis
- Author Republishes Best Selling War Novel
- Greta Grace Entertains and Teaches Young Readers by Confronting Her Own Problems
- Kontra, Global Learning Systems Partner to Accelerate Application Security Training for Developers
- Basket Raffle To Be Held In Support Of Dedicated L&M Nurse
- Chosen Inc. to Celebrate Foster, Adoptive Families at Nov. 13 "Open Hearts, Open Homes" Gala
- Cobalt Digital's 9904-UDX-4K Provided the Perfect Solution for M6's UHD HLG to UHD SDR Conversion
- Board Chair, Vice-Chair & New Board Members Announced By Ventura College Foundation
- The Print Dat Shoppe for all your print and web marketing needs
- HAL Extraction celebrates first Fast 50 nomination from Denver Business Journal
- Florida Forum Series Tickets Available for Purchase
- Dr. Patrick Moran Joins Exeter Orthodontics in Reading, PA
- Brand new #homeforsale in @EastBethel!
- Bosco Tech Student Commended by National Merit Scholarship Program
- 2019 Nissan Sentra on Sale in Toronto!
- GBKSOFT launch POS development Service in 2021