Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 180
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 164
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 115
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 109
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 103
- What to do when someone dies in your family? - 103
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
Similar on eTradeWire
- Best Life For Dogs: Give Your Pup the Best Life With Premium Dog Products
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania Named a Bird Town by The National Audubon Society
- Wag'N O2 Fur Life Observes National Fire Safety Month with Free Shipping & Pet Oxygen Mask Kits
- Celebrity Pet Nutritionist Billy Hoekman LIVE in person at The K9 Shop!
- DoggyRade and KittyRade Isotonic Drinks for Pets Now Available
- Dog is Good® Launches BOLO Broth
- Dogs Need Stuff: Give Your Dog Everything They Will Ever Need All Found In One Convenient Place
- 16th Annual Wag-O-Ween Expands to the Starland District
- Sopapilla Productions' New Series "Animal House" on Animal Adoptions has Wrapped Production
Animal overcrowding is a problem for many shelters, rescues, and senior pet sanctuaries around the country. Many people who are unable to care for a pet consider surrendering them to a shelter or other facility as their only recourse. In fact, last year, more than 2.6 million pets were surrendered, and 183,000 unwanted pets were euthanized, in part due to animal overcrowding.
Senior pets are especially vulnerable because their personality or temperament can change when they are surrendered to a shelter, making it difficult to adopt them out to a new family. The problem can be further exacerbated if the animal is unwell or has a disability.
More on eTradeWire News
- Stayed Prayed Up LP Release Now Available
- Pazusoft Announces the launch of Apple Music Converter for Windows
- LSI Welcomes James Clark As Lead Controls Engineer
- 64% of Learners Say Accessing Training from a Mobile Device is Essential
- Dr. Joe Dispenza - Is Dr. Joe Dispenza the Kwisatz Haderach?
The goal of the Rehoming Project is to convey a message that rehoming is the responsible choice over surrendering a pet to a shelter. According to Al Gentile, board president of the Elderly Pet Organization, "Every pet who is successfully rehomed is one less pet going into a shelter. Our mission is to end shelter overcrowding by educating people that rehoming is the responsible choice."
The objective of the Rehoming Project is to reduce over-crowding at shelters, rescues, and senior pet sanctuaries throughout the United States, especially at kill facilities; to reduce the number of senior pets who are surrendered to these facilities; to increase awareness about responsible rehoming; and to increase the likelihood of successful placement of senior pets whose current owners can no longer care for them. With rehoming, pets remain in the home they are accustomed to while their owner advocates on their behalf to find new home for their pet.
The Elderly Pet Organization has information about rehoming on its website and has set up a dedicated url to provide resources for people who are considering surrendering their pet. A fundraiser has also been set up to accept donations to help fund the project.
To learn more about the Rehoming Project or to donate, visit www.RehomingProject.org.
Elderly Pet Organization
- Loretta Ana Kaufman to Exhibit In the National Association of Women Artists 132nd Annual Exhibition
- CGI+ Receives Approval for Mixed-Use Development on Los Angeles' Miracle Mile
- The Adelphi Orchestra Celebrates Discover Jersey Arts Month
- National talent firm creates a new approach to tackle the Great Resignation of 2021
- Makios Technology Celebrates 15th Anniversary
- 2021 Readers' Choice Best Internet Provider in the motherlode!
- Welcome to LA New Music Video Out Now
- Fort Myers Brewing announces Halloween festivities Oct. 23, 29
- Two Attorneys from Ward Law Group Recognized as Super Lawyers
- Klickly CEO, Cooper Harris, to speak about smart data at Money 20/20
- Kasentex Introduces New Quilt Sets for the Fall Season
- Moss Begins Construction on Legacy Tower at Miami Worldcenter
- Virtual Public Forum on Homelessness in Walnut Creek, November 17, 2021
- Mitochondrial ATP synthase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- ASA Issues Reminder to Consumers on Importance of Hiring Qualified Gems & Jewelry Appraisers
- Crypto-Miners are Turning to the OUS Power Generation Platform for Electric Supply
- Information Asset Names Sanjeev Varma as Chief Executive Officer
- Kathryn Williams Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code Vol 2"
- Ford Honors Preh at 23rd Annual World Excellence Awards
- Self-employed taxpayers can use estimated tax payments to help with annual tax debt