Popular on eTradeWire
- Express Homes coming to family-friendly Lehigh Acres 129
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- Zobe Records Signs Gospel Rapper Ashes
- MTech Mobility Announces Acquisition, Launches Atlanta Office and Expands Global Footprint to Asia
- REVELNATION Enterprises, Inc. Plans To Launch New Streaming Platform, Honors Dr. Khalilah Ali At Celebrity Event
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Black Candy - Reinvent Yourself, in the running for the Author Academy Award
- Rugby ATL Season Suspended for 30 Days
- Paintings in Oil on View May 1st through May 30th
Similar on eTradeWire
- HoloBuilder Welcomes Takenaka Corporation to Their Innovators Club
- ASCEND 2020 Alumnae Barbara Jones CEO of Lillii RNB and Calvetta Phair CEO of ReferAll, LLC form teaming alliance to promote new technologies
- Challenge Island San Diego (Central/North) Earns BBB Accreditation
- Stuart Orr Joins Waterhound Futures Advisory Board
- OTEC and Fintek Green Initiatives
- Whitley Manufacturing Awarded For Recent Modular (MRI) Healthcare Facility Project
- Whitley Manufacturing Recognized for Success on Recent Modular Visitation Center Project
- How a Collaboration Platform Can Keep the Coronovirus Threat from Killing Your Business
- Whitley Manufacturing Wins Industry Award for Modular Fire House and Community Center
- How to Avoid Component Shortages by GD Rectifiers
This unique IDDS system has been tested with Rolls-Royce and ITP Aero to prove its positive impact in reducing the amount of materials and energy used to produce nickel-base alloy parts for the aerospace sector. Beyond the aerospace use cases, the automotive and medical sectors are also early evaluators of the developments. The system leverages a unique newly developed extensible architecture that considers the whole PBF-LB process chain and integrates in an optimal way with the design workflow, empowering developers of AM processes to capture its data in a structured way, as well as add to the design rules of AM and thus accelerate the maturity of the overall process.
More on eTradeWire News
- No Charge for DataSelf Analytics for Sage 100, Sage 300 or Sage X3 until June 30, 2020
- Local designer makes safety masks for hospital
- Coronavirus Cleaning & Disinfection: Commercial & Residential
- No Charge for DataSelf Analytics for Acumatica until June 30, 2020
- Currency Hub Launches New Crypto-trading Platform
When rolled-out into a company using AM, the use of the IDDS system is expected to significantly reduce time from 'design to piece', increase the process chain productivity, and reduce cost of production.
An ambitious goal for a ground-breaking technology
The project's partners have tackled a difficult challenge head-on – to improve the efficiency and capability of the overall AM chain and, as a result, contribute to Europe's relevance in global leadership and innovation for the foreseeable future. Its slow adoption is many-fold: PBF-LB is slow and expensive, its overall efficiency is low, it has a limitation in the part size that can be manufactured, and usually requires several iterations of builds to get up to the expected level of quality, resulting in the need for a large amount of inspection and destructive testing.
The project's partners started by identifying the hurdles they had to overcome, detailed below, and which have ranged from issues concerning the existing decision support and geometric design tools, to the complex requirements for component simulation and post-processing.
In spite of the fact that there are a number of tools for conventional manufacturing process chains when designing a part for PBF-LB, to check the potential manufacturability of a specific geometry is hindered by the limited knowledge and tools available. Design tools also do not factor in the post-processing required in such processes, specifically access for support removal, access for inspection, and consideration of orientation and support for surface finishing. Lastly, while component simulation can be used to inform decision making at the design stage, design rules based on physical predictions of distortion during the build have not yet been developed.
More on eTradeWire News
- Master the Art of Virtual Dating While Confined to Home Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Preparing Your Teen Driver For The Road
- Waterside Productions Announces Natasha Grano's New Book "The Action Plan"
- Charitable foundation to raise funds for family of slain Phoenix police commander
- Lakeville personal training gym creates online fitness program to help support small businesses
The architecture developed includes an extended data format for data exchange, as well as a CAD-based user interface, with suggestions of product and process redesigns. This new data format has allowed the development of a knowledge repository based on functional workflows.
As a result, the system provides integration at the digital level by enabling synergies between the steps of the process chain. The partners have been able to provide a user support interface within a CAD environment; to provide digital tools for simulating and optimising melt strategies; to provide digital tools for simulating post-build material and quality processes; and to apply monitoring solutions for key variables of the post process; and finally to develop a framework for the optimisation of PBF-LB products and process design.
The project partners include some of the leading organisations in the field of AM, including the Manufacturing Technology Centre, Renishaw, Rolls-Royce, Altair and the University of Liverpool (UK); Fraunhofer ILT and ESI Group (Germany); ITP Aero (Spain); DePuy Synthes (Ireland); the European Welding Federation (Belgium) and Centro Ricerche Fiat (Italy).
About the European Federation for Welding, Joining and Cutting
EWF is a pioneer in implementing a harmonized qualification and certification system for joining professionals. Through European projects EWF has been innovating in training methodologies and involved in the development of new technologies and uses for joining. Through its member organisations, EWF has established a firm link to the local industry, providing knowledge and training as well as participating in research initiatives that address the most pressing questions and challenges in the field of joining technologies.
- PitchSix EyeSend Belay Glasses Available
- Distroller World Launches Mission K Campaign to Promote Healthy Habits
- GPHCC's Dine Latino to boost Hispanic restaurant businesses
- Free 15 Minute Distant Reiki Sessions with Reiki Master, Donna McDine
- MY Shower Door / D3 Glass manufacturing protective guards
- South Carolina's Humimic Medical Arming Healthcare Workers for the COVID-19 War
- Free Skype Author Visits with Award-winning Children's Author, Donna McDine
- Sweet James Offers Employees Emergency Relief and Help with Medical Bills
- San Diego Executives Gauge Coronavirus Impact
- Symplast Announced as Platinum Vendor of the American Med Spa Association; to Present Educational Webinar on Telehealth to all Society Members
- ROI Adds Customer Development Director to Management Team
- Hazard Pay Needs To Be Paid To Essential Employees, Temporary Employees and Contractors
- DDPY is now offering DDPY KIDZ free on their website
- Maestro International Cargo handles sixteen COVID-19 charters in March including three pharma-only charters totaling 200 metric tons
- SEEAG Introduces "Let's Grow A Garden!" At-Home Student Learning Program
- HomeAid Atlanta's 19th Annual Essentials Drive & More
- Uply Media, Inc's Training For Real Estate Investors On Blockchain DWeb 3.0
- New ezAccounting Gives New Businesses Both Payroll and Accounting To Be Processed, In-House
- Rainbow Village Requests a Mulligan with 2020 Second Chance Golf Classic Date Change
- Sunknowledge Welcomes CMS's Expansion of Medicare Provider Financial Relief