Popular on eTradeWire
- Express Homes coming to family-friendly Lehigh Acres 132
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- MTech Mobility Announces Acquisition, Launches Atlanta Office and Expands Global Footprint to Asia
- Zobe Records Signs Gospel Rapper Ashes
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Paintings in Oil on View May 1st through May 30th
- America's Favorite Crab Spot is headed to Mississippi
- Rugby ATL Season Suspended for 30 Days
- Black Candy - Reinvent Yourself, in the running for the Author Academy Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- Local Insurance Agents Bring Together Businesses During COVID-19 Quarantine
- Garage Doors Boston Providing Garage Door Remote Clicker Services
- Innov8tive Nutrition Launches Revolutionary Nutrition Delivery System
- ÜFORIA Science and MaVie Merge in Massive Announcement
- Little Yogis Take Over The World
- 3 Day Weekend Benefits - Start Your Side Business Now
- 360 Towing Solutions San Antonio Reveals Its Success Story to Become a Reputable Towing Company
- QuiAri Helps Families Affected By The Taal Volcanic Eruption In The Philippines
- Free Event for Urban Community and Entrepreneurs in Houston
- Help Wanted - Looking for Online Writers
"I was making money with my ebook in the beginning..."
"Loaded dozens of ebooks on Amazon's KDP platform - not much money..."
"The change in payment format has caused sales to tank..."
There is no question that self-publishing ebooks eliminate the expense and hassle of actually creating books, storing them, and delivering them.
One of the easiest ways to sell ebooks is to work through a third-party site like Amazon.
But recent changes in their payment process has been met with some resistance by new authors.
Yes, established big-name authors often find the KDP platform to be the icing on their cake. But often new authors aren't experiencing the same success.
There's a dirty little secret in the traditional publishing world. Publishers usually don't actively market or promote the vast majority of the books they release. Only those from established best-selling authors get this attention.
It's left up to the new authors, even on KDP, to do the work themselves. Sure you can place PPC ads (on KDP's platform) for your book. Although this may often feel like throwing good money after bad.
More on eTradeWire News
- Household Income When Applying For Health Insurance Subsidy
- Selective Records CEO Antwan "Gauge Calibre" Turman severs ties with BGE Digital Distribution
- Adaptive Solutions Again Named iManage Award Winner: Repeat Winner In Cloud Excellence
- Social Distancing Sparks Substance Abuse Problems
- A.Local™ To Volunteer Emergency Marketing Assistance To Small Businesses Affected By COVID-19
The downside of Publishing on KDP:
You cannot offer your book for free in any form or on any other platform. You can only do it on Amazon stores during your 5 free ebook days. These are part of your 90 days Amazon KDP Select enrollment.
Readers and book buyers who use retailers other than Amazon will not be able to purchase your ebook.
You will be at the whim of any changes Amazon could make to the program or rules during your enrollment period.
If you are already open published, you will have to completely remove your ebooks from the sale from all other ebook retailers.
This can be a long and tedious process. Some retailers can be slow to act on an aggregator's request to remove your ebooks from sale.
There is an alternative!
Why not take your passion, expertise, and dedication and create a subscription product.
Before rolling your eyes understand that having your subscriber base accomplishes 3 major tasks:
1- Having your audience.
2- Getting paid directly.
3- Controlling the platform.
Get more details at the link below:
- Guardian ad Litem Foundation to raise support, awareness at 'Voices of Hope Gala' on Nov. 12
- Thomas Lane named to the National Small Business Association (NSBA) Leadership Council. N
- Bellefonte MedTech Company Shifts to Producing Face Shields During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Tru-Form Plastics Pivots To Develop Face Shield To Protect Those On Front Lines From COVID-19
- Pickleball Rocks Team Announces COVID19 Fundraising Collaboration With Pickleball Coach Morgan Evans
- Gempler's Ensures Employee Safety and Keeps Commitments to Essential Service Providers
- Anneliese Ostrowe Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Taking home building virtual in New Jersey
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Heritage at Highland Park now offering virtual tours of homes
- Supreme Music 2000 and Hit City Digital Records "Now" CD Release by Henry Turner, Jr. & Flavor
- High Rock Accounting announces the launch of their Nucleus program
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Control Your Own Copyright, Trademark And More
- Affordable Dental Solutions in Limerick Remains Open During COVID-19 to Handle Emergency Care
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- ARTS GARAGE Announces 'From Our HeARTS to Your Homes' Virtual Arts Series
- ACEINNA Ships $150 High Precision Navigation Solution for Autonomous Vehicles
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- Horror Community Comes Together Over COVID-19