Popular on eTradeWire
- Quality Improvement Program Expanded to Florida to Prevent Blindness Caused by Diabetes 604
- Grey Flannel's Jan. 22 auction includes ultimate Babe Ruth-signed baseball, Tom Brady rookie jersey 539
- Chicago Design-Build Company Launches New Website 533
- New Visiongain Published Report: Military Smart Weapons Market Report 2020-2030 454
- Tenon Tours Welcomes New Director of Sales Ernesto Santero 424
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 406
- Travelers Haven Announces Promotion of Carlos Abisambra to President and CEO 381
- Wanderful Launches Wanderful Women Wednesdays Around The World 367
- NomadRez Releases Housekeeping Portal 351
- SeniorMatch.com Enrolls its Millionth Senior Single for Mature Dating 282
Similar on eTradeWire
- Bad Tempo #1 Rated Web Agency in Arizona
- New article by cosmetic surgeon Mitchell Cohen, Stress Management Can Help You Live a Better Life
- Vitalize Hair Products Are So Popular And In Such Demand, Thieves Have Broken Into Their Warehouse
- Nude Envie's New Cheek Collection
- Aesthetic Studio Opens New Location in Saint Augustine, Florida
- Why Beauty and Balance are Important for the Lunar New Year in 2020
- Great Gulf Features Holistic Beauty Expert Tammy Fender Services at La Clara Luxury Residences
- Africanmall--An Online Store of Women Clothing and Wigs For Black Women
- Promville brings a one-of-a-kind pop-up event experience in support of a good cause!
- Beautyforever Launches "Free Make Into Wig"
"It was stressful," she says. "It seemed like we were just pumping them out, trying to make room for the next client."
Since moving purchasing the former Claire's Flower Shop on Callowhill Road in December, space is no longer an issue. With more than 1,600-square feet -- about three times more than her old space and more available for expansion -- Dragonflies Healing Spa and Salon has become exactly the kind of relaxing, welcoming environment Jessica has long dreamed about providing for the Perkasie community.
More on eTradeWire News
- Benefits to Working with a Wholesale Insurance General Agency
- Solar FlexRack to Exhibit at Intersolar North America
- Fossil Age Minerals offers the rarest collection of age-old fossils and minerals online
- Engrave-A-Remembrance offers Custom Champagne Bottles and Glass Engraving to Make the Day More Special
- Confused About Where to Sell Gold in Delhi? Sell It at 24Karat and Get Cash For Your Gold!
"We can breathe here," she says with a smile.
Having all new equipment in a bright, sparkling new location, Dragonflies represents a momentous leap from the business Jessica says she opened in 2013 "just to feed my kids."
For a while, it seemed as though Dragonflies would always be a "mom and pop shop on the corner," she says. She had been looking at other locations for possible expansion but came up empty until Claire's become available.
"The goal from when I opened back in 2013 was to eventually have a spa," Jessica says. "I wanted it to be a place of healing, both mentally and physically, for our clients. That is what we are doing here now."
In addition to haircuts and coloring, Dragonflies offers a variety of massages by therapist Donna Provest, manicures and pedicures, and eyelash extensions. Eventually, Jessica says she would like to add tanning and additional healing practices such as Reiki and Reflexology.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Changing Face of Retail - A White Paper Report
- No Red Forms Needed To Submit W2. ezW2 Software Speeds Up W2 Return To Beat Jan 31, 2020 Deadline
- Get Your First Month of Dental Implants 100% Free
- Data Privacy Week: Blockstack Apps Show Respect for Digital Rights
- Open house showcases Magnolia Landing living experience
As it is, Jessica and her staff try to incorporate healing techniques into all their services. A shampoo, for example, includes a scalp massage while manicures and pedicures include hand and foot massages, she says.
"When you are touching people you are healing them," she says. "We like to take our time with each client. We want it to be a relaxing experience where they can enjoy the atmosphere, talk to their stylist and leave here feeling better than when they came in."
The larger space will also allow Dragonflies to increase its charitable outreach. Jessica routinely spearheads fundraising efforts for worth causes such as a Pennridge FISH (a local food pantry) and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. She also provides free services to the homeless.
Joe Ferry, Chroma Creative Group
- MusicWorks to Present Four Major Concerts at Old School Square Through February
- National Lacrosse League To Host First-Ever Team Business Summit In Las Vegas This Week
- United Real Estate Executive Named RISMedia 2020 Real Estate Newsmaker
- Get Big Game Super Deals of up to $40,000 off Select Lennar Quick Move-in Homes
- Melissa Disney, "Faceless Sass" SAG Awards Announcer, In Two Upcoming Animated Films
- Largest Gathering of Trauma-Informed Educators Expected in Atlanta in February
- 83bar executive Kate Hermans to moderate a panel at SCOPE Summit 2020
- AskCyberSecurity.com Joins National Cyber Security Alliance in Global Effort to Support Data Priv
- The Tampa Super Show Does Not Disappoint; Massive Turnout
- Feedonomics Promotes Jason Shao to Enterprise Account Director
- D&SNGRR Announces Locomotive No. 493's Return Following Extensive Multi-Year Rebuild, Conversion
- Larry Goldstein Featured in Kiplinger's for Retirement Planning Expertise!
- The Noisy Classroom by Angela Shanté
- Theraplay, Inc. Opens New Pediatric Therapy Center in Princeton, NJ to Meet Demand for Therapy
- ~ Good Will by Tiffany Killoren ~
- ~ Viral Dreams by John Saenger ~
- Final opportunities remain in south Miami Summerville community
- Sean Waters of Daimler Trucks to keynote Green Truck Summit 2020
- Holabird's Feb. 14-17 auction in Reno will have more than 2,500 lots in many collecting categories
- NTEA releases 2020 Fleet Purchasing Outlook