DraftMates turns the Oscars into a massive fundraising opportunity

eTradeWire News/10510267
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Feb. 12, 2019 - eTradeWire -- In an ongoing effort to empower charitable giving through major cultural events, and breathe new life into the archaic $287 billion dollar individual giving space, DraftMates has announced the launch of fundraising contests built around the Academy Awards. With 27 million viewers, the Oscars were the 7th most watched television event of 2018. By turning the Academy Awards into a giving opportunity, DraftMates elevates a major cultural event into a massive new fundraising opportunity.

After launching in 2018 with NFL and NBA-based fundraising contests, the new Academy Awards contests represent an important first step towards turning non-sporting events into fundraising opportunities. Oscars contests hosted on DraftMates.com give donors a unique and broadly accessible opportunity to support causes that are not only important to them, but also those that matter to the actors, actresses, and film staff who have been nominated for Academy Awards in 2019. This follows DraftMates' plan to build a robust giving platform where every major live event becomes a fun opportunity to support your favorite cause.

More on eTradeWire News
"DraftMates has always been about finding new, fun ways for people to give to nonprofits," said Matt Golis, Founder and CEO of DraftMates. "Our goal in launching contests for the Academy Awards was to leverage the excitement of a momentous date on the entertainment calendar, and in the process give movie fans, cause champions, and anyone interested to help do some good in the world."

Entry fees from Academy Awards contests hosted on DraftMates are donated to the nonprofit associated with each contest. Donors can "Donate & Play" at app.draftmates.com to support their favorite cause.

Since launching in the fall of 2018, DraftMates contests have raised money for a wide range of causes including the American Red Cross, Nature Conservancy, Habitat for Humanity, The James Cancer Fund,  Teach for America, JDRF, and the Wounded Warrior Project.

How It Works

Donors "Donate & Play" to support their favorite 501(c)(3) during the Academy Awards. This one-time fundraising contest is currently open, and runs until the start of the show. Play for a great cause by choosing who will take home the movie business' top honors in 2019. 85% of entry fees represent a tax-deductible donation to the charity of choice (the other 15% helps DraftMates do more good in the world).

Contact
Rob Mixer, PR Consultant
***@draftmates.com


Source: DraftMates, LLC
stats
Filed Under: Entertainment

Show All News | Report Violation

0 Comments
1000 characters max.