Popular on eTradeWire
- California Gold Rush sunken treasure from 'Ship of Gold' that sank in 1857 will be displayed in Reno
- Employers 4 Change The Intern Whisperer Podcast Hits Major Milestones
- Transgender Restroom Rule Blocked - There Are Two Simple Alternatives
- Witness the NFT Revolution with Freeverse's Alun Evans, Fraser Gordon of Quantum Works, and more at NFT Expoverse LA 2022
- Sekrett Scilensce is the lead-Musician & Business-expansion member at Takeo Tama | takeotama.com
- TrueDialog Accepted to the Microsoft Power App Platform
- Women In Professional Sports To Celebrate 10 Years of Service, Sportsmanship & Sisterhood
- Mounts Botanical Garden to Host Nine Fun & Floral-Focused Events in August
- Etho Protocol and Kucoin work together to overcome hack and release new, improved, & secure ETHO cryptocurrency
- Georgia DA More Likely to Indict Trump
Similar on eTradeWire
- Enjoy The Cleverness of 'The Mysterious Mr. Wizdom' With Summer Hill's New Release
- Century 21's The Gene Group Joins PalMar Studios as a Primary Partner on "Triangle Park," a Documentary on the NFL's First-Ever Game
- Prince Oak Oakleyski has finished directing and already released his new film, the final episode of "Prince Oakleyski Is Enough". A non-profit movie
- Reviewing Box Office Revenue With 'A Hot Set's'- 'Receipts'
- Flip The Script: An Intriguing New Approach To Multimedia Artisty On The Transform U Media Network
- First-ever app connects entertainment professionals with early release
- The 22nd Annual Whitaker St. Louis Filmmakers Showcase announces awards
- The End of a Trilogy But Not the End of the Story
- Feature Film Scott Free Released World Wide
- Lifetime network falls for 'Temptation Island' star Thomas Gipson in network's latest thriller
When Bosnians fled their homes to escape the war in 1992, many ended up in St. Louis, largely because of its affordable housing and available jobs. The new arrivals began assimilating, starting their own businesses and transforming a once dilapidated South City neighborhood in the shadow of the Bevo Mill into a thriving "Little Bosnia." Over the ensuing three decades, an estimated 70,000 Bosnians have migrated to St. Louis, making it the most inhabited area for Bosnians outside of Bosnia itself. A New Home tells the story of these refugees' perseverance and determination to not only start life over but prosper.
More on eTradeWire News
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- Orchard Audio to Present at Speakerfest in Phoenix, AZ on 08/27/2022
- Compelling fact-based fiction novel "AMIA" by John Myles Rigden is released by New Generatio
- Hutchinson Island Music Festival - Winter Fest 2023
- The Most Nourishing Platinum deluxe Moisturizer for Hydrated, Never-Greasy, Skin for Hydrated,
Pre-production on A New Home began in the spring of 2021 with hours of VHS footage and more than a thousand photographs generously donated to the project to utilize during the editing process. The film also includes interviews with luminaries including Patrick McCarthy, author of After the Fall: Srebrenica Survivors in St. Louis; Ben Moore, Senior Researcher at the Center for Bosnian Studies; Anna Crosslin, past president of the International Institute of St. Louis; Francis Slay, former Mayor of St. Louis; former Missouri congressman Russ Carnahan; and Doug Moore, a former journalist at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, as well as 5 Bosnian War survivors and refugees.
"This film was made as a complete labor of love," said Puleo. "To be trusted with telling the harrowing and triumphant story of the Bosnians in St. Louis was not a responsibility that I took lightly. Their courageous resolve inspired me to give this film all I could give and I cannot wait for the opportunity to share this film with them and the St. Louis area."
Similar to their last collaboration, America's Last Little Italy: The Hill, Puleo and Vitale hope to generate buzz for their latest project via word of mouth and self-distribute. "We'd love to emulate that model with A New Home, ultimately, having the film be available to rent/purchase on Amazon Prime," explains Puleo.
Marquee Media Pr
- Springfield Armory to Sponsor the 2022 IDPA US National Championship presented by Beretta
- VMH Publishing Becomes a New Recipient of Comcast Rise
- Edinburgh Shoe Storage Firm ShoeStack Announces Plan for European Expansion
- September Signals a Return to the Workforce
- Tribute to the Divas! Night on September 10th with Live! Mariachi at Argentine Club of LA!
- Thanet to Tasmania: a bicentennial book
- Knobull Provides Support That Can Improve Graduation Rates 25%
- Spencer Wilding to Appear at Rhode Island Comic-Con Nov. 4th - 6th
- Snellville Real Estate Agent Promotes Luxury Homes to MORE Buyers for MORE Money
- Stephen Amell at RI Comic-Con Nov. 4th - 6th
- Scenes of Maine an Annual Group Exhibition of Paintings October 1st through October 30th
- Escribe Publishing Mourns Death of Author, John A. Brennan
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Tint World as a New Platinum Member
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- Look of the Month: August 2022
- capracare Haiti to Host, "Honoring Courage" Charity Benefit
- Independent Short Film Spawns Hit Single
- Automated Copyright Registration Protects American Artists
- What Are Essential Health Benefits And Who Has To Have Them?
- HONK! Festival 2022: save the dates for this year's music festival of activist street bands