Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 362
- Female Founders Pitch Summit Commits To Fund More Women-Led Companies - 247
- Words fly off the page as learning goes through the roof for Kindergarten - 235
- Titan Funding Solutions – Competitive Financial Options for Business Development - 219
- Proudfoot & Savigent Introduce Operational Resiliency Excellence - 204
- Judge Orders End to Detaining Immigrant Children in Hotels - 194
- Calling all artisans: New platform introduces low-fee marketplace for independent artists - 170
- Global Ingredient Solutions Welcomes Richard Hersey as VP of Sales - 161
- Ancient Astronauts - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD - 103
- CrittEar Unveils Calm, Dog Earplugs
Similar on eTradeWire
- SekrettScilensce.net: "The Lockdown" (I Can't Breathe) [Alpha, In-Development] *Release* World-Wide
- Is Your Workplace Safe for Return?
- FDA approval wrist blood pressure monitor for everyone
- Quigley Eye Specialists to Open New Q iLasik and Med Spa in Naples
- STARK Industries LLC Supports Space Center Houston's Exhibit on NASA Innovations During the Pandemic via NASA JPL-Designed VITAL Ventilator Loan
- United We Rise Works To Collectively End The HIV Epidemic For Every(Black)Body
- Philadelphia Equity Transaction Closes to fund 6 High End Apartments in University City
- Kaleidoscope ABA Opens New Autism Therapy Center in Princeton Junction, NJ
- AXT Add Vieworks Bio-Imaging Solutions to Their Preclinical Imaging Portfolio
- Get the latest on NAD+ at the 2020 BR+NAD Brain Restoration Summit
A face mask is not designed to protect the wearer. It is designed to protect others. The Center for Disease Control states "The mask is meant to protect other people in case you are infected."
Medical experts say the virus can be contracted through the eyes – just as through the mouth or nose. When an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, virus particles spray from their mouth or nose onto the face of others in proximity.
"These droplets are most likely to be inhaled through your nose or mouth, but they can also enter the body through the eyes," said Viral Juthani, M.D., assistant professor of ophthalmology and visual sciences at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City.
The DEFENDER, a collaborative brainchild of Dr. N. Chandra Sekhar and Captain Kenny LLC, and supported by the Arrow Electronics Certification Program, provides a personal non-evasive energy shield that sanitizes airborne pathogens before they enter the human body. The technology is housed under the bill of the cap or visor.
More on eTradeWire News
- Affinity Chemical LLC Announces Its Expansion with the Construction of Two New Specialty Chemical Facilities
- New Art Show Opens In Marfa- October 2020
- Equipment Source, Inc. Preparing to Support Telecommunications This Winter
- TRENIQUES Welcomes Orange Dream
- InfinityQS Achieves Milestone in Global Partner Program Growth and Wins Bronze in the 2020 IBAs
"The DEFENDER's technology is based on currently applied physics," said Capt. Kenny. "Studies at both Columbia University and Penn State University that pre-date COVID-19 and recent research articles published in the National Library of Medicine and the Center for Radiological Research, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, have taken on new relevance since the outbreak of the current pandemic."
Kenny said, "The DEFENDER's invisible protective field disrupts the pathogen's DNA and RNA processes, inactivating microorganisms and making it impossible for the virus to replicate or infect human cells."
Wearing the device could be a game changer in how society moves forward and recovers from the pandemic, enabling wearers to again visit crowded, enclosed areas and avoid contracting the virus.
"People will now have more freedom to visit enclosed public places like restaurants, elevators, airplanes, offices, shops and schools, knowing that they have a much greater measure of protection," he added.
More on eTradeWire News
- Sex Lies and DNA what has White America produced?
- Rusesabagina Family to Hold Press Conference, Thursday, October 1
- Consumers Seeking Medicare Insurance Agents Drives Association Web Traffic
- The Beverly Hills, 90210 Videocast Live Super Show will Celebrate 30 Years of TV's Favorite ZIP code
- Dedeaux Properties Sells Riverside, CA Logistics Facility for $44.4 Million
The DEFENDER energy shield cap and/or visor will be available to the public in December and distributed by 8619.org - a Daytona Beach, Florida company.
Please visit 8619.org for more information. Visitors can also register for updates.
8619.org was founded to further develop and study existing technology and science relating to airborne pathogens.
Sekhar received his doctorate in electronics and embedded systems and has worked in electronics design and development for more than 15 years.
Captain Kenny LLC, a Daytona Beach, FL based company, has been designing and marketing wearable fitness and health devices since 2016.
The DEFENDER & Arrow Electronics
Captain Kenny LLC is connected to electronics designer N. Chandra Sekhar, Ph.D. from the ArrowPlus on-demand engineering platform to help support this product development. The company is also working with Arrow Electronics (https://www.arrow.com/en/about-arrow/overview), a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Centennial, Colorado, through their project's acceptance in the Arrow Certification Program. As part of the program, this project, has achieved Arrow Certified Technology, indicating that an engineer from Arrow has deemed the DEFENDER design feasible for manufacturing.
Public Relations Contact:
David Fierro, (850) 727-5499 or (850) 815-1621 (cell)
- COE Distributing Named to Pittsburgh Business Times Fast 50 List
- Baby K'tan LLC to Partner with New International Distributors
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles
- Naturel Announces New Eco-friendly Product Launch
- "Tennessee Williams Festival St. Louis: En Avant!" to Air on Classic 107.3
- Home Helpers Home Care Expands to Serve Hagerstown, Frederick and the Surrounding Areas
- Southern Ocean Chamber Fall Non Profit Forum Building Bridges to Inclusion
- St. Vincent and Sarah Fisher Center adding Skills Services and expanding to Pontiac
- TVS Cartoon Network Adds More Top Cartoons to the Post Cable Network on WatchYour.TV
- Beacon Lake Builders Honored in Northeast Florida Parade of Homes
- ARTS GARAGE in Delray Beach Presents Thought-Provoking BUNKER on Oct 24
- TRENDnet Introduces World's First ONVIF Conformant Smart Surveillance Switches
- Smile Works Dental is offering ₤1200 off on Invisalign in London
- Foresight Science & Technology Awarded Competitive Grant from the National Science Foundation
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Thiel College as a top regional college in western Pa
- Local Carpenter Lists Essential Home Improvement Projects to Tackle this Fall
- Twee nieuwe franchisepartners bij ActionCOACH
- New short film series showcases female writers and performers in the North
- It's time to fulfil promise to the world's poorest – CPDE
- G-Cloud 12 will include Advent IM Holistic Security Consultancy