Popular on eTradeWire
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Showcases A Dozen More Color Classic TV Shows on WatchYour.TV
- Burstcoin Joins BPSAA as New Alliance Member
- What is sustainable construction?
- Today Donna Smith Bellinger Sales Consultant Presents "Sales for people who hate to sell" Seminar Online
- Abintegro launches revolutionary AI interview training tool
- Former UK Environment Minister backs revolutionary plastic that solves pollution issues
Similar on eTradeWire
- Histria Books announces its newest imprint Prende Publishing
- FREE eBook of Journey of a Successful Dreamer
- Journey of a Successful Dreamer – Book Release
- Histria Books Announces the Release of Duty, Honor, Country: The Life of Arthur MacArthur, Jr
- Histria Books Announces the Release of Rescued from ISIS Terror by Firas Jumaah and Charlotta Turner
- Verneda Adele Selected for "Best of The Daily Beast" for "I Experienced Systemic Racism at One of America's Most Prestigious Magazines"
- Author pens first novel in new Myrtle Beach Mystery Series set on the Boardwalk
- Brighton Publishing releases print version of "One Shared Heart" from author April Waverly
- Brighton Publishing releases "Heir to the Throne III" from author Gregg Brown
- Black Arts Movement poet releases Notes from 1619
The DHS Initiative, separate from its donor-advised fund program. Its purpose is to strengthen the resilience, sustainability and effectiveness of the social sector's infrastructure—the shared resources, information, networks, research and advocacy that all nonprofits need. The nearly $13 million in grants also included $1.65 million for disaster relief, including to support immediate pandemic response efforts, focusing on medical needs, community safety and assistance for the charitable sector.
Details are available in the 2020 Trustees' Initiative Impact Report.
"Infrastructure, the roads and bridges of the nonprofit sector, is crucial to providing services in these times, but it has been traditionally underfunded," said Fernando Aguirre, Vice Chairman of DHS. "A strong foundation helps nonprofits respond effectively to changing conditions to better navigate these uncertain times, and our leadership is committed to ensuring the sector emerges from this crisis stronger than ever."
More on eTradeWire News
- Used Black 2018 MAZDA3 For Sale!
- Launch of the UK Economic Blueprint for Women White Paper
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on breakout company: Predictiv AI, Inc. (PAI/INOTF)
- Leaders in Florida will Receive Awards for a Year's Worth of Human Rights Advocacy and Education
- 2015 Navy Blue Volkswagen Passat for Sale!
The grant made by the DHS' cleint Initiative in the last fiscal year supported the social sector's infrastructure and donor effectiveness, as well as supplemental COVID-19 relief.
Nineteen intermediary organizations that provide infrastructure support such as technology, research and other services to the nonprofit sector received grants. For example, one grant helped Benetech continue its work on a software system for the social safety net that is giving directory organizations and social service providers the ability to more easily share and maintain information on critical human services.
Nine organizations received grants to create resources and tools for donors that help them best achieve their intended impact. For example, ideas42, used the Trustees' Initiative grant to help build and pilot tools for values-based giving.
Ten organizations received grants to help with disaster relief, including COVID-19 relief efforts. When the pandemic hit, the Trustees' Initiative committed funds to support immediate response efforts, focusing on medical needs, community safety and assistance for the charitable sector.
More on eTradeWire News
- Scotland-based Sage Business Partner Joins Forces with Codeless Platforms
- Addlux Frameless LED Panels Now Available On The New Website
- Mr Andy Palmer, Border Security Manager at Gatwick Airport to present at Border Security 2021
- DSP (Interiors) Completes Work on New Home for The Derby Central United Reformed Church
- Forever Group achieves Cisco Select Certified Partner status in the UK for the fifth time running
In addition to its grantmaking via the DHS' Initiative, DHS has been committed, since the beginning of the pandemic, to providing free resources to help inform the public on critical needs created by the pandemic and inspire giving. More than 225,000 web visitors have viewed the COVID-19 giving guidance and more than 9,000 have watched virtual events with nonprofit leaders.
"We seek to inspire giving that will uplift the entire nonprofit sector in a crisis," says Fernando Aguirre, Vice Chairman of DHS. "It is critical that we maintain momentum as we face the marathon ahead."
- Better Together launches Hopeful 100 Club
- Identity: The Podcast Religious Influences Feat. Taylor Corum
- Excellent Condition Used Mazda3
- New York's Auto Dealers Deliver Thanksgiving Turkeys for those in Need
- Ministry founder Eunice Forson releases new book on uniting faith communities
- IntegraCare provides Thanksgiving meals for team members' families
- Female Voices Rock Film Festival Goes Virtual
- Denver Metro HVAC Company Reaches Out to Help One Special Veteran Family Stay Warm This Winter
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- City Barbeque CFO Diane Reed named to Columbus Smart 50
- Manfredi joins rural transportation advocacy group
- The Scientific Meal Planner brings evidence based meal planning to the public
- Councilmember Vincent Manfredi endorses Amber Liermann for city council
- Lehigh Valley Dental Implants are a Natural-Looking, Long-Lasting Missing Tooth Solultion
- Dental Implants in Philadelphia Helping Patients Speak, Eat, & Smile with Confidence
- JD Merit Advises Apex Linen Service on Chapter 11 §363 Sale
- Esri Silver Business Partner, Bay Park DS, Awarded the Esri Release Ready Specialty Designation
- Clocks, watches, art glass, signed jewelry and lamps all do well in Miller & Miller's Nov. 21st sale
- Actress Ashley Forrestier Stars in New OWN Reality Series "Put a Ring on It"
- "Reflections: More Tales from Tipperary" by Edward Forde Hickey is published