Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 545
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 452
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 253
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 224
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 204
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 172
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 138
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 137
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 136
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 126
Similar on eTradeWire
- The Atlas Group adds Corbin Raines to their list of professional property managers
- Fighting Pest Problems with The Safest Pest Control Dubai Residents Can Get
- Kuester Management Group Highlights Benefits of HOA Management for Small Associations
- The Hollows Condominium Association Selects Corner Property for Charming Development in Marlton, NJ
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Jackson Village Condominium Association Chooses Corner Property for Development in Basking Ridge NJ
- Ideanomics Completes the Acquisition of Cash Flow Positive Timios Holdings Corp
- Detailed Planning Consent Granted for First Phase of £200m Becketwell Scheme
- Modern online national auction is proving successful despite COVID
- New Housing Rebate for Owner-Built Houses
The new entertainment and conference venue will be located in the heart of the city centre on the site of the former Pink Coconut nightclub. It is expected to be a significant attraction for Derby by adding a much needed new 'Cultural venue' but also supporting the important regeneration of a long disused site linking the Intu Shopping centre and the Cathedral Quarter.
It's anticipated that the venue will hold hundreds of cultural and commercial events each year offering a fantastic and varied programme for local people and attract an additional quarter of a million visitors to Derby.
Over 200 new local jobs are expected to be created giving the city centre economy a significant boost. The scheme is set to generate more than £10m per year for the area, providing a massive stimulus to local businesses. The level of confidence in Derby illustrated by this investment from the private sector demonstrates a positive belief in Derby and its future – despite the challenges of Covid-19 to our local economy.
More on eTradeWire News
- Keyboardist/Composer, Tom Alexander Re-Releases Critically Acclaimed Album, "What's Ahead?"
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Delivers Timely News To Students
- Pyramid Technology CEO and Owner Tony Mavusi nominated for EY's National Entrepreneur of the Year
- New Solutions With Professional Auto Repair Servicing Atlanta Georgia & Surrounding Counties & More!
- Push Money Entertainment Released the New Music Video, "RNS (Pack It Up) ft Jadakiss" by Capo Diablo
On the announcement Cllr Matthew Homes, Deputy Leader of Derby City Council, said:
"We are working together with experienced commercial sector partners to put the best venue option on the table. This is about creating a vibrant, thriving city centre, and rejuvenating areas that have seen a decline. A new venue like this will significantly aid our recovery efforts and boost business confidence by creating hundreds of jobs, putting millions into the local economy, and make a big contribution to Derby's future prosperity."
Commenting on their plans to bring a new performance venue to the city, Paul Morris, director of St James Securities, said:
"We are tremendously excited to be working with Derby City Council on this ambitious scheme, which is set to bring an outstanding, modern performance venue to the city.
"We strongly believe that a new purpose-built city centre venue is the right way to deliver a new performance venue for Derby and are confident that the best location for that venue is as a key part of the Becketwell scheme.
More on eTradeWire News
- PPGJLI Administrative Director Jacklyn Milton Honored as a Literary Leader
- PPGJLI Children's Book Takes Top Award in Minnesota Author Project Contest
- A new research paper explores the various philosophical arguments against slavery
- Silicon Review Nominates Brio Benefits to its 30 Fastest Growing Private Companies to Watch List
- HemogloBind™ Cited in Pesticide Toxicology Study of Post-Mortem Changes in Blood
"We have created a great scheme which will fill a significant gap in the city cultural landscape. Our flexible venue will cater for major music and comedy acts as well as a strong programme of theatre content. The conference and events centre will support the growth of the business community in the region.
The project will be delivered by St James Securities at a fixed priced to the Council with the developer securing a national operator as tenant for at least 25 years, reducing the financial risk to the Council significantly.
- Vote to Honor Essential Workers In Gratitude Campaign Organized by Jackie Bertolette At HauteOhio.com
- Ventura College's Advanced Manufacturing Program is Preparing for the Future
- CEDC Awards Students with Fernandez Leadership Fund Scholarships
- Children's Dysgraphia Book Free for National Handwriting Day
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida receives donation to expand solar power to its campus
- Applied Clinical Research Post Graduate Diploma
- Frank J. Gorshin, CLU, Brings Safe Money Radio To Myrtle Beach & Charleston
- Furin Inhibitor Screening Kit (Fluorometric)
- Detroit Based Startup MARUX™Accepted By Technology Accelerator Investment Platform
- Columbus Woman Beats COVID: Encourages Families To Touch
- Custom Aerospace Platforms from Panel Built Offer Long-Lasting, Convenient Maintenance Solutions
- Aldrick Williams the Photographer
- Air Fry Plus: Enjoy Convenience And Style With Premium Kitchen Supplies
- United Wholesale Mortgage Went Public Today
- Texas nut company brings healthy nut mixes, candies to the health conscious
- Shannon's online fine art auction, Jan. 28, features American and European art, drawings, sculptures
- Looking to Buy the Home of your Dreams in NJ? Real Estate Agent Eileen Campos Can Make it a Reality
- MahoganyBooks one of 12 bookstores nationwide tapped to participate in an evening with Cicely Tyson and Whoopi Goldberg
- Novo Precision is a Premier Spring Detangling Solution Provider in the US
- Fresno Furnished Apartment Leader Key Housing Announces Featured Apartment Community