Popular on eTradeWire
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 206
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 180
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 173
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 169
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 149
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 130
- Good Hospitality Services announces groundbreaking ceremony for new Crown Point Hampton Inn 125
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 119
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 118
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 106
Similar on eTradeWire
- Kuester Management Group Reflects on Social Distancing Activities for HOA Communities
- COHO makes strides into the HMO market
- COVID-19 Pre-Occupancy Building Wellness Program
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Defies Pandemic Headwind to Raise Expansion Capital
- New Way to Detect Leaks Now Available in Queensland
- Trump visit to Atlanta focuses on I-75 South expansion
- UK Property Market Back to Business, But Uncertainties Remain
- Fromms Summer 24 Hour Pest Control Service with Free Termite Inspections
- Exclusive VIP Tour of Models & Design Center Offered at Raajipo Robbinsville
The new entertainment and conference venue will be located in the heart of the city centre on the site of the former Pink Coconut nightclub. It is expected to be a significant attraction for Derby by adding a much needed new 'Cultural venue' but also supporting the important regeneration of a long disused site linking the Intu Shopping centre and the Cathedral Quarter.
It's anticipated that the venue will hold hundreds of cultural and commercial events each year offering a fantastic and varied programme for local people and attract an additional quarter of a million visitors to Derby.
Over 200 new local jobs are expected to be created giving the city centre economy a significant boost. The scheme is set to generate more than £10m per year for the area, providing a massive stimulus to local businesses. The level of confidence in Derby illustrated by this investment from the private sector demonstrates a positive belief in Derby and its future – despite the challenges of Covid-19 to our local economy.
More on eTradeWire News
- Lake District Country Hotels Implements Extensive Safety Measures for Reopening of Facilities
- Harding University Programs Recognized for Excellence
- Nationwide Boiler Makes Monetary Donation to Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area in Lieu of Postponed Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The Constitutional Walking Tour and OnCell Announce Launch of New Philadelphia Visitor App
- Giftapart now available in Canada
On the announcement Cllr Matthew Homes, Deputy Leader of Derby City Council, said:
"We are working together with experienced commercial sector partners to put the best venue option on the table. This is about creating a vibrant, thriving city centre, and rejuvenating areas that have seen a decline. A new venue like this will significantly aid our recovery efforts and boost business confidence by creating hundreds of jobs, putting millions into the local economy, and make a big contribution to Derby's future prosperity."
Commenting on their plans to bring a new performance venue to the city, Paul Morris, director of St James Securities, said:
"We are tremendously excited to be working with Derby City Council on this ambitious scheme, which is set to bring an outstanding, modern performance venue to the city.
"We strongly believe that a new purpose-built city centre venue is the right way to deliver a new performance venue for Derby and are confident that the best location for that venue is as a key part of the Becketwell scheme.
More on eTradeWire News
- Intracoastal Construction Welcomes Sales Director Alesha Richmond
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Tim O'Brien Homes Wins 2020 Department of Energy Innovation Award
- StoweAway Productions Develops New Scripted Series "Slave Stealers"
- GreenPointe Developers Welcomes Dream Finders Homes, Lennar and Richmond American Homes to Tributary
"We have created a great scheme which will fill a significant gap in the city cultural landscape. Our flexible venue will cater for major music and comedy acts as well as a strong programme of theatre content. The conference and events centre will support the growth of the business community in the region.
The project will be delivered by St James Securities at a fixed priced to the Council with the developer securing a national operator as tenant for at least 25 years, reducing the financial risk to the Council significantly.
- CARBONELL AWARDS Announces Winners in First Virtual Ceremony
- Marketing Gurus Conversion Tactics & Digital Secrets
- Isaac Lidsky Discusses His Descent Into Blindness en Route to Becoming a famed Author and Father
- Want to Change the Laws in Your Area?
- Elite Middle and Secondary School Offers Interactive Online Learning Platform
- Digital Defense Announces New Partner Program for Managed Service Providers
- The death of Naya Rivera was an accidental drowning | Criminal Defense and DUI | Red Metric Law
- Mission Fat Hearts Movie Campaign Hopes to Inspire Ripples of Kindness That Turn Into Waves
- Gerber, LLC Hosts "What Should You Be Tracking For Success?"
- American Bar Foundation Welcomes Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth M. Weldon Into the Fellows
- Help for Hotels as They Reopen - Hyperion Biotechnology Offers Legionella Water Testing
- Wellfit Girls announces new leadership transition
- Fort Myers Brewing Company releases a limited-edition Pilsner to benefit boy battling cancer
- Attorney Daniel Vaswani of Red Metric Law releases video discussing Trump's use of federal agents
- Healthy Lee launches Teacher Appreciation Contest
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida receives grant from the Community Foundation for $5,000
- COVID-19 Halts Fundraising of Colon Cancer Research in Kansas City
- Fonte Martino Guest House & Estate Wins TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award for 2020
- Roque Plast S.A. de C.V. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Command Brands Gel AntiBac
- Parenting Kids with ADHD and Related Challenges Just Got A Lot Easier