Popular on eTradeWire
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- Black Candy - Reinvent Yourself, in the running for the Author Academy Award
- America's Favorite Crab Spot is headed to Mississippi
- Rugby ATL Season Suspended for 30 Days
- Renal Care Options Response to the Covid-19 Outbreak
- "Strange Bedfellows: Fun with Etymology" - Etymology Book Offers Fun Puns & Plays on Words
- DMS Provides Industry Leaders With Clearer Understanding Of Compliance Regulations
- BeRex now offers RF Frontend ICs for IoT Range Extenders
- BYOB Revolt Launches Professional Development Community
Similar on eTradeWire
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- Staying strong and connected with the Ocean County YMCA
- Unicorn Children's Foundation Offers Virtual Job Club for Young Adults with Special Needs
- CARES Act offers Goodwill Donors 2020 tax incentives
- Volunteers Making an Impact at Home
- Art of Living New Jersey Launches Complimentary online Meditation offerings during COVID-19 Pandemic
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- California Declares War on Nursing Home Residents
- Guardian ad Litem Foundation to raise support, awareness at 'Voices of Hope Gala' on Nov. 12
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
On Friday 20 March, Louise, who is based at Connect Derby's Friar Gate Studios, will join more than 21,000 swimmers in 600 swimming pools across the country to swim a distance of between 400m and 5k, to raise funds for Cancer Research UK and Marie Curie.
Louise will be taking to the water with three friends at the Derby Nuffield Health and Wellbeing centre, situated at Derbyshire County Cricket Club to take-on the 5k challenge.
The Swimathon, now in its 34th year, is an annual fundraising swim which raises money for charity and encourages the increased use of local swimming pools. Since it began, participants have raised more than £50 million for a variety of worthy causes.
More on eTradeWire News
- Indulge Your Cravings with p.o.p. candy co. and Ococoa 's New Truffle Crunch Bars
- Author, Claudiu Murgan, to launch a weekly video show called, Spiritually Inspired
- DPFTRAC Releases White Paper, Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning: Industry Standards and Procedures
- Eewee Production's Skincare Donations For Healthcare Workers And New Meditations For COVID-19 Crisis
- Buy Tramadol Online | No Rx Required
In the lead-up to the Swimathon, Louise has embarked on a three-month training programme, working with coach Mark Pearce from Loughborough, who has previously trained world class triathletes through his business Intelligent Triathlon Training.
The training has focused on improving Louise's stoke technique and swim times to help her reach her goal of completing the 5k challenge, which equates to 200 lengths, in just two hours.
Speaking about her Swimathon challenge, Louise said:
"I swam competitively in my youth, but after a spinal injury some years ago mostly returned to the pool in an attempt to stay mobile. It wasn't until around three-and-a-half years ago that I got back into it.
"I'm very excited to be taking part in the 2020 Swimathon and can't wait to do my bit to raise funds for these wonderful charities.
"The goal of swimming 5k in just two hours is a hard one, but I believe that with my training and the help I've received from my coach and trainer, I'll be able to do it."
More on eTradeWire News
- "Life in Ten Chapters" by Stewart Scott is published
- Official Poster & Trailer for Alex Visani's STOMACH
- How do I fix Gmail Temporary bad Error 500
- Def Comedy Jam Presents: "Healing Through Laughter" – COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Overview on what is Alaska airlines Flight Change Policy-Isupportnumber
Ann Bhatti, head of Connect Derby, added:
"Louise is an extraordinarily talented lacemaker and is a wonderful part of the community at Friar Gate Studios.
"I'd like to wish her all the very best with her training and hope everyone gets behind her fundraising efforts."
Louise has more than 25 years' experience in making, designing and teaching traditional and contemporary lace. She completed an MA ADAPT (Art and Design Applied Practice and Theories), at the University of Derby in 2013, majoring on 3D contemporary lace before setting up her own business, which is now based at Friar Gate Studios.
She has exhibited and published internationally and in 2017 she published a book of original patterns, which has been in high demand worldwide.
You can support her fundraiser at: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/louises-lacey-swimathon
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation
- The 27th annual Boston Red Sox Celebrity Golf Classic raises $525,000 for Kids' Minds Matter
- Modular Offices Offer Quick Space Solutions For Those In Need of Controlled Space
- Prominent Restaurant Industry Leader Backs the TableBoost Facility Management App for Restaurants
- Extended Open Enrollment Period For Health Insurance Plans in Nevada
- "Memo to the Leader" - Novel Speculates: What If Nazi Germany Had Won World War II?
- Airon Corp Teams With Ford and GE Healthcare To Fight COVID-19
- New Website Truth Point Offering Video Live-streaming on Current Events
- Tracking Devices Used to Enforce Quarantines - But Unnecessarily
- Waterside Productions Announces Gayle Kimball's New Book The Mysteries of Healing
- Parkland Community Health Plan to waive cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatment
- Dr. Joe Dispenza Review - Do You Believe Him?
- Free Use of Visitor Management and Family Communication Tools to Ease Providers' COVID19 Workload
- Electro Standards SCups® Use Super Capacitors for Power Fluctuation of Renewable Energy Systems
- Free education apps for early learners
- Activist, Artist, and Entrepreneur Jonathan Lykes Presents The Black Joy Experience Virtual Concert
- American-based company products help boost immune systems during Corona virus outbreak
- The Importance of Knowing Your Credit Score
- Screening Eagle raises CHF 55 million to protect the built world
- Free Celebrity Concert LIVE Friday, April 3rd at 8pm est