Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5442
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 167
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 119
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 112
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 110
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- 26th Annual Oxnard Salsa Festival Seeks Sponsors
- American Legion brings moving experience to Fort Myers
- East Passyunk Joins Philly Beer Week with Craft Beer Day - Tap Takeovers, Tastings and More
- Daughter of Holocaust, Nagasaki survivors to speak at Clearwater Baha'i Center
- The Intermission Event vs. Essence Festival: Who will take the stage?
- A Healthy Weekend Bender in Kansas City
- Historic Baseball Exhibition Opens at Morven Museum & Garden June 6
- End-of-the-year student assemblies celebrate character education, student giving, and more
- Pace Center for Girls, Lee County announces Love That Dress! event, 'FUNky Fashion Show'
- Kyyba Wellness Announces the First Annual 'Global Consciousness Summit 2019'
At 10:45 Thursday morning, approximately 14 hours after the protesters were arrested, jail officials stated that none of them could be released for at least another 24 hours because the arresting police officers had not yet submitted warrants. Although activists hope it may still be possible to post bond today, they're concerned that this delay in processing could be intentional and punitive. "The arrested protesters may not be receiving necessary medication and first aid for their injuries during arrest," says Adele MacLean, an IWOC volunteer who has been working to arrange bail for the arrestees. "If the protesters are being treated like everyone else inside the jail, we have grave concerns about their health and safety."
More on eTradeWire News
- SOM Talk Live Invades The 2019 BET Experience in Los Angeles, California!
- Minimal Inhibitory Concentration Kit-For Gram Negative Rods
- The Impact Factor Movie Kickstarter Launch
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Greg Kearney
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Mark Steele
The treatment of protesters both outside and inside the jail demonstrates the inhumane treatment that people incarcerated in the jail have been experiencing. Prisoners have reported being brutally attacked by guards, being denied food, water, and medicine, and being placed in solitary confinement for extended periods.
During the protest Wednesday evening, several people inside the jail sent messages about the abuse. One wrote a note on a sheet of paper and held it in his window so protesters could read about a prisoner being strangled by guards while his hands were handcuffed behind his back. Another prisoner shouted desperate messages to the crowd through a crack in his window. "We need help!" he said. "There's mold in my cell! We don't have food!" Activists fear this person may have been punished for his attempts to communicate with the outside world. The last message he shouted was, "They're about to spray me!"
More on eTradeWire News
- Heterotaxy Connection Seeking Conference Sponsors
- Toll Brothers starts VIP list for its new community to be built at the Aurora Reservoir
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
- A Children's Book Where The Baby Farts Bubbles!
- New Release: Foundations of the Faith - Paperback edition
Activists plan to hold another noise demo outside the jail every night till the protesters are released. Protesters will meet at 7 pm tonight at Kensington MARTA station and march to the jail to demand an immediate end to the abuses.
Video of Wednesday's protest can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUQ-gBWDmE.
Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee
- Chris Evans, Josh Brolin, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Lee Pace & Taron Egerton Headline
- Murder, Clairvoyance, and Paranormal Activities Galore In "No Rest for The Wicked"
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q1 2019
- FDA Compliant Blood Storage and Preservation
- 5.8 Million Canadians Watched The Raptors-76ers Game 7, Breaking Viewership and Betting Records
- Cavallo Hoof Boots Q&A: How can I keep my horse safe while trailering?
- Miller & Miller's June 7-8 auction will feature collector-grade art, clocks, lamps, art glass, pens
- Eighth Annual GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY Celebration
- Top 5 Reasons to Sip BN Labs Organic Greens Daily
- Wow! Luxury Panama City Beach Realtor Promotes Homes To Ensure YOU Get The Money You Deserve!
- For The Love Of Knives: Premium Knives and Blades for Hunting, Camping, and More
- df|MG releases SYFI 2 and Planet Earth Cinematic Sound Effect Libraries
- Coffee, Kittens, and Smiles Fort Lauderdale's Only Pop Up Cat Café!
- NCSC, NBIB, Industry Insiders Interpret the Latest Policies & Impart Best Practices & Strategic Insights at ACI's 2nd National Summit on Classified
- American Rapper and Hip-Hop Recording Artist Heartless @Heartless412
- What makes ethnic rhinoplasty so challenging?
- Passfeed Cashes In On Etfs And Mutual Funds
- Carrier Outlet: Premium Baby Carriers and Accessories for Happy Parents and Babies!
- Elegant Dog Emporium: Premium Dog Apparel, Accessories, and Supplies
- Garden Guru Co: Enhance the Appearance of Your Garden with Lovely Decorative Pieces